Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

Re: Godammed SDN

#11376 Post by Zablorg »

man i can't imagine Darth Wong making his wife feel so great about when she starts to advance into old age

Count Chocula
Liberal

#11377 Post by Count Chocula »

Come on, it's fucking obvious that hongi has just said "fuck it" and is going out in a trolling blaze of glory. I'm amazed that it's gone on this long without the Dreaded Dalton BanHammer of dOOm(tm).Are there ANY buttons he hasn't pushed on TEO yet? Maybe it's time for that old drawing of Hitler buggering Chamberlain. Oh wait never mind, Thanas would put it in History and declare all's well.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

thejester

#11378 Post by thejester »

Zablorg wrote:man i can't imagine Darth Wong making his wife feel so great about when she starts to advance into old age
who does that

seriously

Losonti Tokash

#11379 Post by Losonti Tokash »

zabs, i am feelin pretty lost wrt your comment there

Oxymoron

#11380 Post by Oxymoron »

I has teh stoopid and do not understand the meaning of this sentence either
No.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#11381 Post by Zablorg »

i guess this thread

maybe i'm getting the wrong impression out of it

what's even weirder is that he's talked a bit before about how his wife's really self-conscious

i don't know perhaps building a pedestal upon the elasticity of her butt and so on isn't the best way to help that

Questor

#11382 Post by Questor »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:
Nietzslime wrote:re the circumcision thing

are we actually at the point where we're complaining about what is a minority viewpoint on the other board for having a different opinion on what is basically a subjective issue, particularly since, you know, there are statistically-measurable health benefits to circumcision (and its effects on sensitivity and so forth are in fact pretty poorly-understood at best) that make its cost/risk vs benefit as a standard medical procedure a perfectly debatable subject in its own right

re issues of culture and moral relativism

i lol from my ivory tower

I'm just waiting for someone to frame the discussion to my liking:

"Thanas, did Germany just make Judaism illegal again? Just can't quit that habit?"

PS: I am ethnically Jewish and plan to raise my son in Jewish culture (though without the religion--thus, he'd be an American Reform Jew), but haven't had him circumcised. I've gotten some funny remarks over it, but no real shit. As long as he can curse in Yiddish, everyone should be happy.

I suppose any Jews broken enough to live in Germany would have to be pretty hardcore, though.

Broomstick got you there.

Zod
perkele

#11383 Post by Zod »

coming from mr. "spanking isn't that bad" this is pretty hilarious

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 5#p3693215
On a scale, circumcision is pretty low compared to Christian Science and their letting children die. But it is still a barbaric practice that should be done away with. And I honestly don't give a fuck what people think about it. Everyone supporting circumcision apparently doesn't fucking care about the harm it does and that people might not actually have liked what happened to them, so why should I give them any fucking courtesy at all? Let their culture drown while progress marches on. Fuck them. And those that defend the practice.

Djinnkitty83

#11384 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Hyperventilation and chest-pounding aside, is he wrong?

Questor

#11385 Post by Questor »

Seems so.

Jung

#11386 Post by Jung »

evilsoup wrote:man
That how universal is the mind link is interesting generally and from a fiction perspective. It'd be interesting to think about how cognitive science and science in general and philosophy and anthropology and stuff might develop differently in a culture that thought about the mind differently.

Bob the Gunslinger

#11387 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Honestly, I had a lot more pain and lasting traumatic effects from my orthodontistry than from my circumcision. That was a pretty invasive procedure meant to help me fit into my local culture. And without consent! The monsters! Barbarians!

I keep hearing about all the negative side-effects of circumcision, but I don't know if I'm experiencing them. Am I not supposed to be able to enjoy blowjobs now or something? Because I do.

Maybe I should rethink my opinion...

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#11388 Post by Zablorg »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:Honestly, I had a lot more pain and lasting traumatic effects from my orthodontistry than from my circumcision. That was a pretty invasive procedure meant to help me fit into my local culture. And without consent! The monsters! Barbarians!

I keep hearing about all the negative side-effects of circumcision, but I don't know if I'm experiencing them. Am I not supposed to be able to enjoy blowjobs now or something? Because I do.

Maybe I should rethink my opinion...
you need to consider the possibility that everyone else enjoys blow-jobs like three times more than you

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#11389 Post by Phantasee »

on a good day, five times more
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Pieman

#11390 Post by Pieman »

starku wrote:its almost like people are more interesting loudly proclaiming how right they are than actually effecting cultural change to the benefit of the public

ALMOST
That, and yelling at Broomstick. Which is one of the N&P national pastimes.

Losonti Tokash

#11391 Post by Losonti Tokash »

starku wrote:I was abused as a child and I turned out ok

Anyone who complains about child abuse is thus a whiner
shit dude i was literally going to post this D:

Oxymoron

#11392 Post by Oxymoron »

Anyone who support the right to abortion by saying they are Pro-Choice and defend the right of parents to cut a body part of their child without the child's consent should examine their own beliefs for consistency.
No.

Zod
perkele

#11393 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:Anyone who support the right to abortion by saying they are Pro-Choice and defend the right of parents to cut a body part of their child without the child's consent should examine their own beliefs for consistency.
That's actually an easy solution. Unborn children aren't people.

Oxymoron

#11394 Post by Oxymoron »

Hmmm... Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the logic there.

Let me reformulate my thought :

IF you (general "you", not you in particular) support the right of women to abort their unborn children (which, as you said, would be considered as a woman's body part) by saying that women should be sovereign over decision involving their own body ; WHILE supporting the right of parents to infringe over the sovereign right of their child to dispose of their own body by allowing said parents to cut a body part of their child without the child's consent (and a child, being a minor, cannot AFAIK legally give their consent), for matters other than urgent life-and-death ones (appendicitis, amputation, etc...)

THEN you should examine your own beliefs for consistency, which they may lack thereof.
No.

Einhander Sn0m4n

#11395 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
starku wrote:I was abused as a child and I turned out ok

Anyone who complains about child abuse is thus a whiner
shit dude i was literally going to post this D:
shit dude I was gonna post that too :band:

Einhander Sn0m4n

#11396 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Oxymoron wrote:THEN you should examine your own beliefs for consistency, which they may lack thereof.
Or just accept that maybe the beliefs were instilled into the person by their church, but the beliefs are still optimized for warlike xenophobia against tribes inhabiting the next valley over, and they've not been updated since long before the time where a pistol would easily qualify as a weapon of mass destruction. :quack:

Zod
perkele

#11397 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:Hmmm... Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the logic there.

Let me reformulate my thought :

IF you (general "you", not you in particular) support the right of women to abort their unborn children (which, as you said, would be considered as a woman's body part) by saying that women should be sovereign over decision involving their own body ; WHILE supporting the right of parents to infringe over the sovereign right of their child to dispose of their own body by allowing said parents to cut a body part of their child without the child's consent (and a child, being a minor, cannot AFAIK legally give their consent), for matters other than urgent life-and-death ones (appendicitis, amputation, etc...)

THEN you should examine your own beliefs for consistency, which they may lack thereof.
until a child can live outside the womb an abortion isn't much different from a woman having an appendix removed

i don't accept the 'potential person' argument as valid so still no contradictions

Oxymoron

#11398 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, the fact there is no contradiction was my point

If you are arguing something I'm not understanding what
No.

Zod
perkele

#11399 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:Well, the fact there is no contradiction was my point

If you are arguing something I'm not understanding what
i think we're talking past each other here

Losonti Tokash

#11400 Post by Losonti Tokash »

rabid's post is fine, you just look like you're not reading it closely enough and seem to be interpreting it as a criticism of abortion