Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#11426 Post by adr-admin »

Questor wrote:Do we have a testingstan chat? we should.
this thread is the testingstan chat

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#11427 Post by Phantasee »

yeah sitting in a chatroom at the same time is a pain in the ass

and honestly even the AIM chatroom's topic was usually "Godammed SDN"
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

xon

#11428 Post by xon »

adr wrote:
Questor wrote:Do we have a testingstan chat? we should.
this thread is the testingstan chat
I'm kinda tempted to make the site's favicon rotate between a banner of browser icons.

Questor

#11429 Post by Questor »

You know, as much as I sympathize with JME2, I think that he should probably deal with his OCD in a more effective way. From what he says, I really doubt it's not coming off as "this guy's way too tense/is acting a bit strange" to the interviewer.

Also, he should get a livejournal account or something.

xon

#11430 Post by xon »

JME2 has been trying to get a job in that one industry for what? 4-5 years now?

Bob the Gunslinger

#11431 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Zablorg wrote: you need to consider the possibility that everyone else enjoys blow-jobs like three times more than you

I think I would pass out.

Bob the Gunslinger

#11432 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

starku wrote:I was abused as a child and I turned out ok

Anyone who complains about child abuse is thus a whiner
That's not exactly my point. After all, I'm not having my son circumcised. I don't support the procedure in general.

My point is that thread really makes me want cut some foreskins just to piss them off.

Also, they have absolutely no ability to discuss the degree of suffering vs any possible benefits in the situation at all, which just makes them sound like ...fundamentalist morons.

Oxymoron

#11433 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11434 Post by adr-admin »

whoa someone just posted a link to thsi shit http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56589 which is the thread that made me hit the register button originally

but by th etime the admin approval went though the thread had totally exploded

guess which side i was on lol

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11435 Post by adr-admin »

god DAMN it i fucking hate those hover drop down menus on websites

they are like the minimal in usability

prolly dont even work on things like the fucking ipad anyway since there is no hover

hatred

Djinnkitty83

#11436 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Oh man, Nitram is almost being Shepian there. We *have* to be warlike and violent or some other species will rise up to crush us! We've got our eye on you, dolphins!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11437 Post by adr-admin »

a lot of people have changed since then

nitram really hasn't

(at least in terms of forum post content and style)

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#11438 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

lol i remember how once he got angors at f-22s and how it should be canceled or something because... it used fossil fuels

The Spartan

#11439 Post by The Spartan »

Was that back when the world was going to end and we were all doomed? DOOMED!

Shroom Man 777

#11440 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

we are all doomed

The Spartan

#11441 Post by The Spartan »

Yeah, but back then we were all doomed now. NOW!

And not, you know, eventually.

Shroom Man 777

#11442 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

yeah, i don't get that

those guise should stop screaming about it and, i dunno, actually prepare for it or do... something

if they actually believe in anything they're saying

The Spartan

#11443 Post by The Spartan »

Some of them were. What's-their-faces were hoarding gasoline and playing the markets to rake in the cash.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#11444 Post by Phantasee »

that's not preparing for the future, that's exploiting the situation
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Jung

#11445 Post by Jung »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:Oh man, Nitram is almost being Shepian there. We *have* to be warlike and violent or some other species will rise up to crush us! We've got our eye on you, dolphins!
Yeah, that was the first thing that jumped out at me. Like ... what, is he worried if we become pacifists elephants will evolve sapience and kill us? Because it's not like it took hundreds of millions of terrestrial animal evolution to produce the first sapient species, right? I mean how shitty would we have to become with violence to be seriously threatened on a species level by chimps and tigers and shit? Seems like a pretty low bar for "minimum level of being good with violence" to me. Fuck, even on that level I'm pretty sure plenty of animals survive as a species just fine by running away and camouflage and avoidance and stuff instead of YOU MUST SLAY THE PREDATOR. I'm remembering Man the Hunted now where it mentioned that the most efficient/effective anti-predation strategies were the ones that intervened in the early stages of predation instead of the "subjugation" stage where you'd have an actual fight. You want to avoid getting to the point where the predator can inflict injuries on you if possible, not wait until that point and then RAR FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

Which gets into the whole idea that evolution selects for RAR MOST EFFECTIVE WITH VIOLENCE instead of a variety of survival strategies of which being effective at violence is only one, and questionable whether it's our primary one (I question whether we're actually RAR EFFECTIVE WITH VIOLENCE or that's just a side-effect of our intelligence and technology - I bet even a relatively peaceful herbivorous creature would be able to fuck up tigers good if it had our technology).
Last edited by Jung on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent Bert Macklin

#11446 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Which thread is this?

Jung

#11447 Post by Jung »

Knubble tov wrote:Which thread is this?
If you mean the thing I was talking about it was this one:
adr wrote:whoa someone just posted a link to thsi shit http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56589 which is the thread that made me hit the register button originally

but by th etime the admin approval went though the thread had totally exploded

guess which side i was on lol

Jung

#11448 Post by Jung »

Oh my it gets better
SirNitram wrote:War is just violence on a larger scale, fucktard. What, are you moronic enough to think there'll ever be a point where people won't use violence to enact political change? How will you enact this, mass brainwashing? I'd take up arms against that, and I'm mildly pacifistic.
A world without war is totally inconcievable without horrible mass brainwashing and you're a moron if you think otherwise.

Cause it's not like the same structures that prevent mass conflict in individual states could possibly be scaled up to the world. Fuck, we have functional nation-states today that have more people than the entire world did for most of its history.

Do people who make these kinds of arguments think war is some kind of psychological need of mankind and we must have the fix?
SirNitram wrote:As for another species, it could be something that develops alongside us. It could just be another branch of humanity. Or it could be a species that's willing to take the long view and roam around star systems for mileenia just to spread out so far they can't get killed in one disaster. Yes, I beleive aliens exist. The confirmation of complex sugars in a fucking nebula kind of sealed it for me.
We should keep being violent bastards so we can keep our edge in case evil aliens.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#11449 Post by Darksi4190 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:we are all doomed
Are we really doomed, or are our grandkids and great grandkids doomed? From what i've seen, most projections of peak oil and global warming and shit have the really bad shit happening in like fifty to a hundred years, and we're currently working on tech to negate or mitigate the worst of it like alternative fuels 'n shit.

I'm not saying there aren't hard times ahead for the human race but there's also going to be lots of wonderful shit in our future due to advancing technology, stuff I really wish i'd be alive to see.

Aaron
El Duderino

#11450 Post by Aaron »

Aerius and others were pushing a Mad Max version, so much that iirc Wong told them to shut up.

But we'll probably get a mild third world die off, everything for us will be expensive and my grandkids get a diesel electric or electric car.