The Return of Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: The Return of Testing Chat Thread

#1301 Post by Aaron »

I take it you missed the bit where he hopes never to use it?

uraniun235

#1302 Post by uraniun235 »

Flagg wrote:
Aaron wrote:Anything new on him?
Nope. They even demodded him on SDN a few months ago.
Aaron wrote:Wow. I thought they would have left him that, as a memorial.
Demodding him would be more of a security measure to prevent someone from trying to guess their way into his account. I don't know if phpBB locks users out or alerts admins after too many failed login attempts.

Granted the "best practices" approach would probably be to deactivate or lockout the account so that it can't be hacked into at all, but I can understand hoping he's still alive and decides to drop in some day.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1303 Post by RyanThunder »

Aaron wrote:I take it you missed the bit where he hopes never to use it?
Yeah, actually, I did, but I assumed he didn't want to use it anyway.

I'm just gonna keep needling him over what's obviously crippling paranoia. :smug:

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1304 Post by Count Chocula »

RyanThunder wrote:If you need the capability to severely maim and/or kill a human being in order to be calm on a regular basis, either you or the place you live in are truly, deeply fucking nuts. I'm going to be charitable and assume the latter since you actually think its lucky that you weren't mugged multiple times as a kid. Have you ever considered moving somewhere civilized?
When you grow up in a big city you don't have the luxury of choosing who will be around you. I also travel a lot for work. Just the way it is. And since I have had to pull out my weapon a few times, my 'paranoia' has kept me safe.

EDIT Having a weapon on me that can hurt or kill someone else has made me think much more clearly and calmly in confrontations. I work hard to avoid fights, because if I do get into one I may get hurt, but someone else will get very badly hurt. There's no way in hell I will shoot someone over a bullshit male posturing dick size contest or road rage, so I try not to get into those situations.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1305 Post by RyanThunder »

Count Chocula wrote:When you grow up in a big city you don't have the luxury of choosing who will be around you. I also travel a lot for work. Just the way it is. And since I have had to pull out my weapon a few times, my 'paranoia' has kept me safe.
So you haven't considered moving somewhere civilized?

Zod
perkele

#1306 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:
Count Chocula wrote:When you grow up in a big city you don't have the luxury of choosing who will be around you. I also travel a lot for work. Just the way it is. And since I have had to pull out my weapon a few times, my 'paranoia' has kept me safe.
So you haven't considered moving somewhere civilized?
Have you ever moved halfway across a country before?

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1307 Post by RyanThunder »

Zod wrote:Have you ever moved halfway across a country before?
So you'd have to move halfway across America to get somewhere civilized? :lol:
Last edited by RyanThunder on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagg

#1308 Post by Flagg »

I've moved across the entire country before and didn't need a fucking gun, so what the fuck are you 2 smoking?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Sandman

#1309 Post by Sandman »

RyanThunder wrote:
Finding somewhere that's civilised in America would be a greatly impressive feat to begin with.
[/Obligatory Line That You Walked Straight Into, Sorry]

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1310 Post by RyanThunder »

No need to apologize. I was gonna get at either that or Chocs being hopelessly paranoid. So win either way for me.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1311 Post by Count Chocula »

I live in a place where the kids play outside and you can leave your car unlocked with the windows down and not have anything nicked from it. However, I don't work where I live and the big city has big city problems, so paranoia.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Zod
perkele

#1312 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:
I'm just wondering if you actually have half a clue of how difficult it is to completely uproot yourself and move somewhere else.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1313 Post by RyanThunder »

Zod wrote:I'm just wondering if you actually have half a clue of how difficult it is to completely uproot yourself and move somewhere else.
I see the point has sailed right over your head.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1314 Post by Count Chocula »

Perhaps you should elucidate the point you're trying to make instead of intimating that America sucks fuck yeah.

RedImperator

#1315 Post by RedImperator »

RedImperator wrote:OTOH, I may as well announce this now: a couple of you probably remember I was working off-and-on on a Voyager rewrite a few years ago. Well, I did a page one rewrite of it and I'm posting it on TEO as a weekly serial starting December 1.
As promised, this has been posted on TEO. Read it here, if you're interested.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1316 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

So? The point is that Chocula is so scared from something that happened to him as a child, that he has to carry a weapon to feel secure and tough. He's an illogical shitheel. If he's that scarred, perhaps he should seek medical attention instead of carrying a weapon like reactionary morons.

Jung

#1317 Post by Jung »

RedImperator wrote:
RedImperator wrote:OTOH, I may as well announce this now: a couple of you probably remember I was working off-and-on on a Voyager rewrite a few years ago. Well, I did a page one rewrite of it and I'm posting it on TEO as a weekly serial starting December 1.
As promised, this has been posted on TEO. Read it here, if you're interested.
Cool

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1318 Post by Count Chocula »

Negative Knub wrote:
So? The point is that Chocula is so scared from something that happened to him as a child, that he has to carry a weapon to feel secure and tough. He's an illogical shitheel. If he's that scarred, perhaps he should seek medical attention instead of carrying a weapon like reactionary morons.

Ummm, actually the times I have had to brandish and thankfully not use a weapon have all occurred as an adult. Which you don't seem to be. My psyche is in fine shape. So screw you and your apparent vendetta. You have my wishes for the life you deserve, NK.

EDIT NK, have you ever had a knife held at your throat? Ever had a gun pointed at your face? I'm guessing no. Run along and go play in the street, little boy. Come back when you have some life experience under your belt.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1319 Post by RyanThunder »

It's kinda sad that he seems to think that having one's life threatened is a requirement for adulthood.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1320 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Count Chocula wrote:EDIT NK, have you ever had a knife held at your throat? Ever had a gun pointed at your face? I'm guessing no. Run along and go play in the street, little boy. Come back when you have some life experience under your belt.
Lol. If that isn't a common occurrence in your area, then you don't need to carry a gun. You remind me of the fucktards who have weapons in their house for protection when the crime statistics in their area are low.
RyanThunder wrote:It's kinda sad that he seems to think that having one's life threatened is a requirement for adulthood.
He's a tryhard. We all know that he likes to prove his manhood.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1321 Post by Count Chocula »

RT go get a room with KN, you scamp. Oh yeah doing things and going places out of your comfort zone, whatever that is, and handling them successfully, pretty much defines adulthood. Maybe you should give it a whirl.

Protip, not every life threatening situation includes weapons yet they still act as yardsticks when you look for your limits...as an adult. Try it, maybe you'll like it!

Agent Bert Macklin

#1322 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Count Chocula wrote:RT go get a room with KN, you scamp. Oh yeah doing things and going places out of your comfort zone, whatever that is, and handling them successfully, pretty much defines adulthood. Maybe you should give it a whirl.
I think I'll go to the bad areas in Atlanta for that home grown adult experience. Perhaps I'll have a gun pointed at me and have a knife at my throat. That will make me a man. Hell yeah!

Sandman

#1323 Post by Sandman »

Zod
perkele

#1324 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:
Zod wrote:I'm just wondering if you actually have half a clue of how difficult it is to completely uproot yourself and move somewhere else.
I see the point has sailed right over your head.
That you're a idiot?

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1325 Post by Count Chocula »

Mulan? Really?