Re: Godammed SDN

#1351 Post by Stofsk »

Losonti Tokash wrote:man if i end up in the news and then subsequently fired

i will be annoyed
be the guy who works from behind the scenes

Agent Bert Macklin

#1352 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Hey, know what the movement needs more of? Elitist dicks insulting people with "useless" degrees. At least JME2 actually has his, buddy.
And bitched mere months after earning it that he couldn't find a job utilizing it and eventually admitted that he won't be able to. He gave up. It's not elitist to point out what a waste of money it was to earn it.

But yes, I have no sympathy for those who went to ivy league schools and chose degrees that have saturated the market and then want to complain because they can't find a job. There's a reason why those OWS images don't go into specifics about the degree: shame. I find it hard to believe that they did no research prior to enrolling in the programs or balked at their school's job placement statistics.

Of course the OWS protesters are bitching about tuition costs, which is legitimate.

he may have his degree, but I bet health programs didn't plague his desire to earn it. Fuck you, buddy.
Last edited by Agent Bert Macklin on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zod
perkele

#1353 Post by Zod »

get the anarchists to take the fall for you

make them think it was their idea

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1354 Post by starku »

Dealing with anarchists can be difficult because of their no structure

But it should be easy to find an issue that everyone is concerned about but he anarchists has no ability to deal with

Historically thing like poverty, military power or trades were used
But with Ows there should be plenty of pre-existing economic stuff

Losonti Tokash

#1355 Post by Losonti Tokash »

really i'm just venting

i have so much goddamn energy from being involved with this and have met some pretty amazing people that i will continue to work with even if OWS itself goes down

basically the movement has already succeeded, it's established a nationwide (global?) network of people that are organized and know they aren't the only people who feel the way they do

everything we do afterwards is gravy

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1356 Post by starku »

good thing political movements are about happy feelings and not causing political change i guess :V

Losonti Tokash

#1357 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man

just saying that a lot of people felt isolated and irrelevant to the inexorable slide into shittown but having something like this happen is helping a lot of people stand up and actually do something instead of just whine on facebook

the fact that a lot of us are meeting face to face and cooperating to actually do stuff (besides just camping out in a park or yelling slogans) is already a pretty big change from the status quo of the occasional DNC branded "grassroots" campaigns

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1358 Post by starku »

it is pretty funny how many people react with

IS NOT ORGANISED IS USELESS

when just a year ago they were saying

OMG NO POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN AMERICA WAKE UP YOU LAZYHEADS

Losonti Tokash

#1359 Post by Losonti Tokash »

yeah i always liked the combination of "damn kids don't vote or care about politics now let's pass laws to make it incredibly difficult for them to be involved why won't they fuckin vote"

Losonti Tokash

#1360 Post by Losonti Tokash »

edit: nevermind, cops don't like dance parties, they just peppersprayed everyone and kicked them out
Dear Supporters,

We're having a pretty sweet dance party at 5th and Pine, and we'd really love some pizza. And Big Marios gives Occupy Seattle a discount.

206-922-3875. They want the pepperspray flavor.

Oh, and someone bring a soccer ball please. We want to play soccer!

Love,
Occupy Seattle.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1361 Post by Bakustra »

speaking of anarchists, they regularly vandalize the monument to the protesters at haymarket square in chicago

because it's "exploiting their memory" to have something physical with which to remind people that they existed

also i think america gave the world anarcho-primitivism

Flagg

#1362 Post by Flagg »

I'm just wondering when you guys will realize that you don't have the sheer numbers needed for nonviolence to work. Once that happens the real fun begins.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

thejester

#1363 Post by thejester »

Flagg wrote:I'm just wondering when you guys will realize that you don't have the sheer numbers needed for nonviolence to work. Once that happens the real fun begins.
yeah because saying 'give me a fucking job so I can pay off my tuition' is a well known gateway to terrorism

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#1364 Post by Nietzslime »

does anyone know why isolder is obsessed with peta
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

zhaktronz

#1365 Post by zhaktronz »

If Los was in australia he would already be Captain Young Labor party / Young Greens

Maybe he could join GetUp :V

thejester

#1366 Post by thejester »

nah the fact Los is out doing shit as opposed to waging vicious factional infights automatically disqualifies him from any of those parties

Flagg

#1367 Post by Flagg »

thejester wrote:
Flagg wrote:I'm just wondering when you guys will realize that you don't have the sheer numbers needed for nonviolence to work. Once that happens the real fun begins.
yeah because saying 'give me a fucking job so I can pay off my tuition' is a well known gateway to terrorism

Right because that's their only message. :roll:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Losonti Tokash

#1368 Post by Losonti Tokash »

You want to start shit with the cops, you go do that on your own and don't fucking talk about it on the internet. they already have enough help from the media and reactionary dumbshits without you giving them legitimate reasons to beat on us.

Losonti Tokash

#1369 Post by Losonti Tokash »

And don't talk about it on your phone, texts, or emails. Our people that went to Denver had their phones tapped by the police once they noticed we were talking about what was going on.

But most of all, don't be a stupid shit who wants to burn things down. You won't help anyone.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1370 Post by Aaron »

The movement is only a couple months old, give it time. It's not like blacks got their rights right after Rosa Parks got fed up.

xon

#1371 Post by xon »

What the hell is with people and thinking getting a job flipping burgers is easy?

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1372 Post by adr-admin »

hahaha, I tried to get a jorb at mcdonalds once, and they rejected me!

xon

#1373 Post by xon »

I got damn luck on 1 of the dozens of fastfood stores which I canvassed with my CV (customized per business type), in that the manager was actually willing to tell me why I was rejected rather than just getting blackholing my CV. He told me I was too damn old, and had fuckall chance of getting employeed in that industry.

Zod
perkele

#1374 Post by Zod »

xon wrote:I got damn luck on 1 of the dozens of fastfood stores which I canvassed with my CV (customized per business type), in that the manager was actually willing to tell me why I was rejected rather than just getting blackholing my CV. He told me I was too damn old, and had fuckall chance of getting employeed in that industry.
You're not putting your age on it are you? I'm actually kind of surprised someone would admit to rejecting you based on age though, that sort of thing would get you sued over here.

Flagg

#1375 Post by Flagg »

Losonti Tokash wrote:And don't talk about it on your phone, texts, or emails. Our people that went to Denver had their phones tapped by the police once they noticed we were talking about what was going on.

But most of all, don't be a stupid shit who wants to burn things down. You won't help anyone.

Who said anything about burning things down? I'm talking about flat out civil disobedience in overwhelming numbers rather than this horseshit where all the people who don't want to be arrested get to go home and the few that are willing to stay get beat on. I'm talking about getting about 10,00 motherfuckers together, marching into the middle of the street, sitting down, getting arrested and demanding jury trials.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine