Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Dooey Jo

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#1526 Post by Dooey Jo »

if standards were horses i'd be able to do the same c++11 magic in visual studio as i can with gcc
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1527 Post by adr-admin »

for a game in ie9 it would probably work unless they had a browser detection

ie9 does most the fancy features that the others do too so feature wise it is probably fine

but if they had a

Code: Select all

if( user_on_internet_explorer)
  message("fuck you");
in there, perhaps put in originally back when ie8 or lesser were there and didn't have those game features, but never taken out

if they did this (bad practice) it could complain anyway

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1528 Post by Phantasee »

Have you tried compatibility mode?

It shits me when a Wordpress blog or whatever has a banner that says "you're using IE, lol get Firefox or chrome instead lol"

Big obnoxious banner and all
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Oxymoron

#1529 Post by Oxymoron »

Example 1 : [FF] / [IE]

Example 2 : [FF] / [IE]

Formatting and javascript are totally broken. I tried compatibility mode, but it does jackshit.

Also, on Imgur : with IE I can't drag an image from a windows folder and "drop" it in the imgur homepage in the browser to add it to the upload queue, while I can do it with FF. I also can't CTRL+select several images in IE, I'm forced to do them one by one.

So I just use FF for any Imgur related business.
No.

Oxymoron

#1530 Post by Oxymoron »

adr wrote:for a game in ie9 it would probably work unless they had a browser detection

ie9 does most the fancy features that the others do too so feature wise it is probably fine

but if they had a

Code: Select all

if( user_on_internet_explorer)
  message("fuck you");
in there, perhaps put in originally back when ie8 or lesser were there and didn't have those game features, but never taken out

if they did this (bad practice) it could complain anyway
That's exactly what it does. Still, I don't understand how it can be so broken even then...

Note the game, while being only standard PHP+Javascript shit, is unplayable on my smartphone, as buttons act up and won't cooperate.
No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1531 Post by adr-admin »

Oxymoron wrote:Also, on Imgur : with IE I can't drag an image from a windows folder and "drop" it in the imgur homepage in the browser to add it to the upload queue, while I can do it with FF. I also can't CTRL+select several images in IE, I'm forced to do them one by one.
those are some newer features. IE 5.5 introduced the drag/drop and more recent firefox etc have extended it to allow more stuff, i think after ie9 came out

since microsoft doesn't use the masses as their alpha testers (they actually care about compatibility) they haven't sent this out yet unless you have signed up for hte ie10 beta

i think ie10 is coming out to the general public soon though, and it does include all kinds of new fancy smancy shit

Aaron
El Duderino

#1532 Post by Aaron »

Darksi4190 wrote:I'll readily admit there's no concrete proof, I just thought him surrendering his medals without a fight was suspicious is all.

As for the shooting tip, thanks, but we were standing when we shot, so I didn't have a chance to brace the rifle on anything. I also don't think I was holding it right. The bruise from the stock is kind of in my armpit, and Allan said it's supposed to be further in on my chest.
Doesn't rest thing only apply if it doesn't have a floated barrel? Even the Savage Axis has that now.

Matt, get your buddy to demonstrate how to shoulder it and then do it yourself with a CLEARED weapon, have him move it around until you get it.

Oxymoron

#1533 Post by Oxymoron »

adr wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Also, on Imgur : with IE I can't drag an image from a windows folder and "drop" it in the imgur homepage in the browser to add it to the upload queue, while I can do it with FF. I also can't CTRL+select several images in IE, I'm forced to do them one by one.
those are some newer features. IE 5.5 introduced the drag/drop and more recent firefox etc have extended it to allow more stuff, i think after ie9 came out

since microsoft doesn't use the masses as their alpha testers (they actually care about compatibility) they haven't sent this out yet unless you have signed up for hte ie10 beta

i think ie10 is coming out to the general public soon though, and it does include all kinds of new fancy smancy shit
I can pardon the lack of drag and drop function, but the inability to select more than one picture each time I go into the "select a picture to upload" menu is REALLY annoying.
No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1534 Post by adr-admin »

yeah, that's another one of the new features. a lot of html5 is just those knuckleheads finally getting a little common sense and adding stuff people actually want

(and a lot of it is stupid bullshit but meh)

timmy

#1535 Post by timmy »

God, TripAdvisor shits me
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Gands

#1536 Post by Gands »

i use wikitravel

that shit got me around tokyo pretty well

Zod
perkele

#1537 Post by Zod »

Ha ha! The xbox still lives despite going through greyhound express shipping brutality.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1538 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I call in to the pharmacy to refill my prescription for Effexor (my ADHD meds that I need a constant supply of) and I find out that they have to restock them and the earliest they can fill it is tomorrow morning. I've already gone more than 24 hours without taking a pill.

This is going to be fun.

Losonti Tokash

#1539 Post by Losonti Tokash »

then you should blend in seamlessly with the rest of the bf3 players :v

but yeah dude that blows, does your pharmacy not do automatic renewals?

Darksi4190

#1540 Post by Darksi4190 »

I ran out of refills and didn't notice. I had to have my doctor call it in, and they called me back and said tomorrow was the earliest I could pick it up.

I really need to pay more attention to this shit.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1541 Post by Aaron »

Oh god, that shit is aweful. I stopped near in july, still having withdrawl.

Darksi4190

#1542 Post by Darksi4190 »

You know what's funny?

I'm not sure this crap is even helping me with my ADHD anymore. I've talked with my doctor about getting off of it, and she said it'd be like this really long weaning process that'd suck like hell. I'm pretty much just staying on it because I don't want to go through the withdrawal effects.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1543 Post by Aaron »

Yeah i weaned of over a couple months, its pretty unpleasant.

Flagg

#1544 Post by Flagg »

I got you beat. My doctor was out last week and my meds were due and the covering doctor refused to fill them because he didn't agree with my dosage and basically told me to fuck off and wait for my doctor to get back today. That was last Tuesday. The meds? Benzodiazapenes. Meaning withdrawal can kill you, aside from making it impossible to sleep, getting the jerks, and having almost constant panic attacks.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190

#1545 Post by Darksi4190 »

What the shit?

Aaron
El Duderino

#1546 Post by Aaron »

Fuckin hell

Oxymoron

#1547 Post by Oxymoron »

What ground does a pharmacologist have to refuse issuing prescription meds ?!
No.

Darksi4190

#1548 Post by Darksi4190 »

Especially ones with potentially lethal withdrawal symptoms. That's borderline malpractice right there.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1549 Post by Aaron »

Doc guys not pharmacist.

Losonti Tokash

#1550 Post by Losonti Tokash »

even worse