The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#1576 Post by Oxymoron »

timmy wrote:Le quadricoptère!

I really like the way that rolls off the tongue
Yeah, it sounds good.

But wait till your hand touches one of the rotors while it's flying... :failure:
No.

timmy

#1577 Post by timmy »

Sacre merde!
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1578 Post by adr »

so i'm thinking about reading this foucault asshole everybody's been referencing but he appears to have written a lot of words

can't i get a good understanding of the history of sexuality by listening to meat loaf's paradise by the dashboard light over and over again?????????????????????????/
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Ralin

#1579 Post by Ralin »

Okay, I think I've finally come up with the last major plot point I've been waiting for to use in my Chuck Norris: Ace Reporter novel. What if it turned out that devil-worshipping abortionists were secretly transplanting unwanted fetuses into lesbian host mothers who then use Satanic witchcraft to twist the fetuses into evil monkey demons which the Evilutionists can claim are the long sought Missing Link between humans and apes?

Zod
perkele

#1580 Post by Zod »

Ralin wrote:Okay, I think I've finally come up with the last major plot point I've been waiting for to use in my Chuck Norris: Ace Reporter novel. What if it turned out that devil-worshipping abortionists were secretly transplanting unwanted fetuses into lesbian host mothers who then use Satanic witchcraft to twist the fetuses into evil monkey demons which the Evilutionists can claim are the long sought Missing Link between humans and apes?
Wasn't that the basic idea for Battlestar Galactica?

timmy

#1581 Post by timmy »

As an abstract concept, yeah

-thejester

Flagg

#1582 Post by Flagg »

2013: A Fetal Voyage
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1583 Post by Darksi4190 »

Mother of fuck. I just spent an hour and a half trying to find a group for a Heroic in The Old Republic, to no avail.

Is anyone else besides me still playing this game?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1584 Post by RogueIce »

My last 60 day time card went about 75% unused. Take of that what you will.

Darksi4190

#1585 Post by Darksi4190 »

I want to like the game so much, because there are a few genuinely awesome moments, like the showdown with Darth Angral at the end of the Jedi Knight chapter 1 storyline. But for every awesome moment, you have to slog through a sea of shit. To this day I still do not know what the fuck BioWare was thinking making this an MMO. If they had packaged together all the class storylines and called it KotOR 3, it would'be been game of the fucking year.

evilsoup

#1586 Post by evilsoup »

Zod wrote:
Ralin wrote:Okay, I think I've finally come up with the last major plot point I've been waiting for to use in my Chuck Norris: Ace Reporter novel. What if it turned out that devil-worshipping abortionists were secretly transplanting unwanted fetuses into lesbian host mothers who then use Satanic witchcraft to twist the fetuses into evil monkey demons which the Evilutionists can claim are the long sought Missing Link between humans and apes?
Wasn't that the basic idea for Battlestar Galactica?
:psypop:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1587 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:To this day I still do not know what the fuck BioWare was thinking making this an MMO.

At least, that's what they were hoping for. WoW Killer and all that.

Darksi4190

#1588 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah that one worked out well.

Hey BioWare! How profitable is your game right now?

Flagg

#1589 Post by Flagg »

Well they are back up over 2 million subscribers last I heard and they are apparently always adding shit to their ingame store, so I imagine that they are making a good sum.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

timmy

#1590 Post by timmy »

"You can be on a quarter of a million dollars family income a year and you're still struggling": Joel Fitzgibbon.

Read more
By this definition I am positively destitute. And yet strangely ineligible for welfare. The exciting life of the white collar proletariat!

-thejester

Zod
perkele

#1591 Post by Zod »

Security deposits are bullshit.

Darksi4190

#1592 Post by Darksi4190 »

Flagg wrote:Well they are back up over 2 million subscribers last I heard and they are apparently always adding shit to their ingame store, so I imagine that they are making a good sum.
And I just managed to find a group within fifteen minutes of logging on, so I guess it was just the time of day or something.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1593 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

timmy wrote:
"You can be on a quarter of a million dollars family income a year and you're still struggling": Joel Fitzgibbon.

Read more
By this definition I am positively destitute. And yet strangely ineligible for welfare. The exciting life of the white collar proletariat!
Is this the kind of struggling where they can't find a way to pay the bills for both their children's top-end private schooling, the maid, this year's new car, the wife's 10,000 dollar dresses each to be worn on only one occasion, eating out at fancy restaurants every night, and the mansion? I remember reading an article a while ago when "the 1%" first started becoming a thing where it was argued that since rich people like him were expected to live extravagantly, they weren't really rich, and it used all those as examples of how terrible life can be for the upper class.

timmy

#1594 Post by timmy »

The article gives more detail, but what it boils down to is 'leave the mining industry alone'

Also it's a tanty by the man in question qho backed the wrong horse in last week's political non-upset

-thejester

Losonti Tokash

#1595 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:
timmy wrote:

Read more
Is this the kind of struggling where they can't find a way to pay the bills for both their children's top-end private schooling, the maid, this year's new car, the wife's 10,000 dollar dresses each to be worn on only one occasion, eating out at fancy restaurants every night, and the mansion? I remember reading an article a while ago when "the 1%" first started becoming a thing where it was argued that since rich people like him were expected to live extravagantly, they weren't really rich, and it used all those as examples of how terrible life can be for the upper class.
What I loved the best about that is when someone in the same breath would argue that poor people weren't really in poverty because they had refrigerators.

Straha
Lecturer

#1596 Post by Straha »

adr wrote:so i'm thinking about reading this foucault asshole everybody's been referencing but he appears to have written a lot of words

can't i get a good understanding of the history of sexuality by listening to meat loaf's paradise by the dashboard light over and over again?????????????????????????/
Read the Panopticon chapter of Discipline and Punish first. Then the rest of that book. Then History of Sexuality.

Hit me up if you want PDFs
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Stofsk

#1597 Post by Stofsk »

Straha is like a pusher of philosophy mang

I imagine him on a street corner hissing at passersby 'I gots some Foucault, motherfucker'

Veef

#1598 Post by Veef »

"you wanna take a hit offa dis?!"

"kant"

Oxymoron

#1599 Post by Oxymoron »

Anyone know what Stratfor is referencing when they talk about the possibility of Saudi Arabia "possibly unraveling in the coming years" ?

Something about the country being due for its own dose of Arab Spring ?
No.

Gands

#1600 Post by Gands »

I remember reading the Panopticon chapter when doing postmodern history. It was week one's reading, along with Einstein's paper on relativity.

I was lost for the first three week of the course. But then... the penny dropped. I got my head around modernism, postmodernism, and all of those wonderful isms. It was like the end of the shawshank redemption.