Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RyanThunder
Knows Best

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#176 Post by RyanThunder »

Bleh, well I can accept that. That said, I didn't ask for her number. She asked for mine first. I was asking her to join my study group, not enter into some kind of relationship.

Just saying in general, too; I find what they do to get out of admitting it far more irritating than the fact that they aren't interested. In fact I'm not even slightly irritated by the fact that they aren't interested. I don't want to spend time with somebody who doesn't want to be around me.

I might get a little irritated that some other guy might have better luck for no obvious reason but, well... what can I do about that? Nothing. Meh.

EDIT: You know, maybe its not so much a matter of them "not taking the hint" as "not getting the hint because she's going to such great lengths to send mixed messages that there really isn't a hint"?

But then we're probably thinking of different situations.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#177 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

my big sistor told me that earlier today everyone got into an argument with dad and she pitched in by telling him to shut up and that he is a worthless shitpiece or something

just when i was all down because i was thinking "motherfucking abusive asshole thinks he can get away with anything probably is laughing all smugly about how nobody gives him shit for treating everyone like shit", my sistor reminded me of how pretty much everyone on earth hates him and showed him that fact today

i love my sistor

Agent Bert Macklin

#178 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Ryan:

You try too hard. Take my approach: I don't give a fuck about establishing a relationship at this moment in my life. I have more important things to do.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#179 Post by Zablorg »

well that's great but uh giving up is obviously not what he wants

Crazedwraith

#180 Post by Crazedwraith »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:my big sistor told me that earlier today everyone got into an argument with dad and she pitched in by telling him to shut up and that he is a worthless shitpiece or something

just when i was all down because i was thinking "motherfucking abusive asshole thinks he can get away with anything probably is laughing all smugly about how nobody gives him shit for treating everyone like shit", my sistor reminded me of how pretty much everyone on earth hates him and showed him that fact today

i love my sistor
msn you need to go to one of those marvin monroe family clinics. Where you can zap each other at the push of button.

very theraputic
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Agent Bert Macklin

#181 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zablorg wrote:well that's great but uh giving up is obviously not what he wants
Who said anything about completely giving up? I think he should pack in the towel for a while because he smells of desperation.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#182 Post by Zablorg »

well you're not wrong about that good lord

Gands

#183 Post by Gands »

My trivia thing went well.

I met a bunch of media people, and was all networky.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#184 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Ryan, have you ever read or listened to a perspective on this subject from a woman? There's reasons for what we do, and if you see insights in how life is on the other side it might help you understand and be less annoyed when things happen.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#185 Post by RyanThunder »

Negative Knub wrote:Who said anything about completely giving up? I think he should pack in the towel for a while because he smells of desperation.
Bahahaha

So i get fed up after getting a bunch of misdirection

this means I'm desperate instead of just fucking tired of getting misdirection

you guys

so tell me, just how the hell is sitting around with my thumb up my ass supposed to help this supposed stench of desperation, now? Am I supposed to get less desperate by watching other perfectly normal people get into relationships with each other while telling myself "that's not for me" every time I think "hey, I want that, too"?
Last edited by RyanThunder on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shroom Man 777

#186 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Crazedwraith wrote:
msn you need to go to one of those marvin monroe family clinics. Where you can zap each other at the push of button.

very theraputic
everyone in the family would zap only one person

Agent Bert Macklin

#187 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

RyanThunder wrote:Bahahaha

So i get fed up after getting a bunch of misdirection

this means I'm desperate instead of just fucking tired of getting misdirection

you guys

so tell me, just how the hell is sitting around with my thumb up my ass supposed to help this supposed stench of desperation, now? Am I supposed to get less desperate by watching other perfectly normal people get into relationships with each other while telling myself "that's not for me" every time I think "hey, I want that, too"?
Listen. When I read these posts, I instantly think that this misdirection you are receiving is because of some perception women have of you. You may look desperate to them, or even creepy, and that's why they aren't upfront with their thoughts. Get over it. These things happen. Quit whining like a baby.
Infinity Biscuit wrote:Ryan, have you ever read or listened to a perspective on this subject from a woman? There's reasons for what we do, and if you see insights in how life is on the other side it might help you understand and be less annoyed when things happen.
Of course he doesn't. He thinks he's a victim.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#188 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Ryan, have you ever read or listened to a perspective on this subject from a woman? There's reasons for what we do, and if you see insights in how life is on the other side it might help you understand and be less annoyed when things happen.
I get that you have reasons for doing it, just like how you have reasons for not liking nice guys. (Though I do find it amusing that the article explaining it had to re-define 'nice guy' to mean 'craven, clingy loser' in order for it to make sense. It still doesn't explain why some girls tell me without prompting that they're surprised I don't have a girlfriend because I'm so cool and what not, then proceed to explain (again, without prompting) that they'd date me but they can't for whatever reason.)

That's all fine. You do it because some guys are insufferable assholes. That's fine, it just annoys me is all. Like cold rain or whatever. It's necessary but irritating.

Losonti Tokash

#189 Post by Losonti Tokash »

hey ryan if a girl gives you a fake number try thinking about why she did that

it probably has something to do with you and she likely feels totally validated considering the bizarre text you sent

unless she didn't give you a fake one on purpose and you totally freaked out over nothing

protip being obsessed with the idea of being in a relationship like you clearly are is not conducive to being in a relationship at all, much less a healthy one

though hey maybe you'll meet the occasional crazy girl just as obsessed with it and you can both have a dysfunctional marriage 3 weeks from now

Shroom Man 777

#190 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES

Agent Bert Macklin

#191 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Los put it in a more respectful manner than I did.

Losonti Tokash

#192 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES
shroom consistently best contributor to this thread

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#193 Post by RyanThunder »

Losonti Tokash wrote:hey ryan if a girl gives you a fake number try thinking about why she did that
It was probably me. I just picked some random people from my tutorial to invite to the study group and one of them turned out to be... distracting.
it probably has something to do with you and she likely feels totally validated considering the bizarre text you sent
Man people are fucking amazing. So, a few things give me the idea that she gave me a fake number. So I ask if she meant to give me her number because I don't want it if she didn't want to give it to me.

Clearly, respecting her consent is bad! :picard:
protip being obsessed with the idea of being in a relationship like you clearly are is not conducive to being in a relationship at all, much less a healthy one

though hey maybe you'll meet the occasional crazy girl just as obsessed with it and you can both have a dysfunctional marriage 3 weeks from now
Oh god you totally saw through me yes i want to get married right now rather than just have normal relationships like everybody else.

Zod
perkele

#194 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote: Man people are fucking amazing. So, a few things give me the idea that she gave me a fake number. So I ask if she meant to give me her number because I don't want it if she didn't want to give it to me.

This makes me look... bad...? Because respect her consent? What the fuck?
Maybe you could have done it in a way that didn't make you look like you were accusing her of something? Because that's what it sounds like.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#195 Post by RyanThunder »

Eh, well when you put it that way, I probably could've worded it better.

Crazedwraith

#196 Post by Crazedwraith »

Being embarassed you pocket dialled someone probably happens whether or not it happens to be someone you 'gave a fake number to'. Pocket dialling is just flat out embarassing.

I think you may possibly be jumping to conclusions.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#197 Post by RyanThunder »

Is it really? I didn't think so.

But hey I didn't hear back from her in the end and she didn't show up for study group so I just deleted her info. I'll just ask other people.

Losonti Tokash

#198 Post by Losonti Tokash »

do not sit there and talk about how desperate you are to get a girlfriend because you see other people in relationships and then claim you're not obsessed with the idea

i don't know if you've got entitlement issues, no social skills, or you're just crazy, but literally every time you post about this shit you put off the weirdest fucking vibe and everyone tells you to cut out whatever you're doing

do not go "well i could've worded it better" when you felt slighted by what was likely an honest mistake and decided to send an accusatory message to someone you don't know that well

that's fucking creepy and it will get mentioned to her friends so you can have more women for you to whine about for distrusting you

Shroom Man 777

#199 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

its because he is insecure and feels really bad about whatever perceived shortcomings he has and so because of these structural instabilities in his persona all these flaws and imbalances and un-ideal things in his life makes his personality hinges creak very loudly

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#200 Post by RyanThunder »

Let's go with 'no social skills'. Or the wrong kinds, anyway.

EDIT: actually, nah, we'll just go with flat out 'no social skills'