Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
xon

Re: Godammed SDN

#1776 Post by xon »

starku wrote:Take the culture or xeelee stuff where it was on e scifi about stuff but nerds obsessed over numbers and pee pews and thus will describe it in acompletely divergen way
Wow autocorrect fucking me up today
The utterly amusing thing about the Xeelee from sd.net was seeing is The Nomad proudly claiming a Xeelee Starbreaker "only" outputing a few kilotons per second from an asteriod destruction calc (from a gravity beam) as if that was some master winning stroke. Also the number people who miss-quote that it's the Xeelee throwing galaxies as projectiles is really frustrating. It was the Photino birds, the Xeelee where 'just' deconstruct the galaxies as they traveled to thier target for building materials.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1777 Post by adr-admin »

Metatwaddle wrote:It's a little OTT
there's no such thing as off topic here :-P
But I don't know what it would be like to hold a conversation with him.
More than just the content and actions, but real people have a lot of little things that add up to uniqueness. Word choice, pacing, inflection, that kind of thing. (and of course, visual stuff too)

Some writers make that happen really well. Some just use dialects and accents written out, which I kinda dislike, but it's in the same idea.

Then there's people like me who tend to always write like themselves.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1778 Post by Aaron »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:I think the fact that I'm an occasionally cross-dressing fruitcake really grates on Hav, because he always seems really eager to try and bring it up in a negative context, yet strains to do so in a way that doesn't overtly break TEO's hate-speech rules.
He's pretty invested in that macho persona he's got going on, so no surprise there.

Zod
perkele

#1779 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:
Djinnkitty83 wrote:I think the fact that I'm an occasionally cross-dressing fruitcake really grates on Hav, because he always seems really eager to try and bring it up in a negative context, yet strains to do so in a way that doesn't overtly break TEO's hate-speech rules.
He's pretty invested in that macho persona he's got going on, so no surprise there.
The great thing about macho types is that their personalities are almost always easily predictable. Push the right buttons and they go into a shrieking rage.

Metatwaddle

#1780 Post by Metatwaddle »

excuse you, hav says he has fucked a lot of women so you need to show some respect

Civil War Man

#1781 Post by Civil War Man »

Metatwaddle wrote:excuse you, hav says he has fucked a lot of women so you need to show some respect
Don't forget that because he says he has fucked a lot of women, if you think he is misogynist you are wrong and can't take a joke.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1782 Post by Aaron »

What one says they've done and what one has actually done are two different things.

Zod
perkele

#1783 Post by Zod »

Metatwaddle wrote:excuse you, hav says he has fucked a lot of women so you need to show some respect
must be nice to have that much spare cash lying around :v

Agent Bert Macklin

#1784 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Civil War Man wrote:
Don't forget that because he says he has fucked a lot of women, if you think he is misogynist you are wrong and can't take a joke.
Heclaims his wife allows him to sleep around, if I recall. I'm not sure how that's possible when she's always around, though.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1785 Post by Aaron »

Clubhouse.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1786 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

It was a fat joke, Aaron.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1787 Post by Aaron »

I don't get it.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1788 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:I don't get it.
Everywhere he goes, there's a piece of her there. She's all around him.

It was a poor attempt at poking fun of him defending the fatty on the plane, I guess.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1789 Post by Aaron »

I dunno dude, attack him all you want but going after his wife is pretty shitty. As far as I know she's pretty cool.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1790 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:I dunno dude, attack him all you want but going after his wife is pretty shitty. As far as I know she's pretty cool.
True. She didn't flip her shit about cake like others did when I made that post. NO CAKE AT A WEDDING?! PREPOSTEROUS!

Aaron
El Duderino

#1791 Post by Aaron »

Cake?

Agent Bert Macklin

#1792 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:Cake?
When they got married and posted photos, I made a disparaging remark about how they shouldn't have eaten cake, due to their large size at the time. People freaked out.

The moral of the story is that I'm a dick.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1793 Post by Aaron »

Yeah, that is a pretty shit thing to say.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1794 Post by Bakustra »

Purnell posts always leave me feeling that there's something deeply wrong, but there's too much and it'd be too much of a hassle to actually go through and break it down. I wish Straha were still around, so I didn't feel the urge to get into a lengthy argument about whether Iran threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz if the US/Israel attacks them really means that they want to dominate it for the purposes of evil/"interests contrary to Western ones" without any backup. Maybe I'll just make a passive-aggressive pronouncement of my own in response.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1795 Post by starku »

that post is either a cnp from somewhere else or hes the sort of 'pundit' so deeply seated in his diorama of fear he has to epxlain the entire thing in any response to anything

and seriousyl 'responsible coutnry' apparently equals 'stop worrying and love the us'

Bakustra

#1796 Post by Bakustra »

starku wrote:that post is either a cnp from somewhere else or hes the sort of 'pundit' so deeply seated in his diorama of fear he has to epxlain the entire thing in any response to anything

and seriousyl 'responsible coutnry' apparently equals 'stop worrying and love the us'
remember that there are only two options- sanctions or bombings

the west cannot come to the table with mordor iran, because sauron the leadership of iran is only interested in overthrowing the west

The Spartan

#1797 Post by The Spartan »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:
The Spartan wrote:Bakustra, did you just find an opinion, on HPCA, that's actually reasonable? Rather than the usual stuff that we chuckle/boggle at in that thread?
Nope! Froggy said that on SDN. He's not actually holding that opinion, he just thinks that Republicans should be able to do what they want but wanted to hide it under a thin veneer of respectability. On HPCA, he's all "impeach and imprison barry (as we call him on the hill) HUSSEIN soetorobamanation for his many horrendous crimes".
That's even more lulzy.

I love it.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1798 Post by Aaron »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:
starku wrote:that post is either a cnp from somewhere else or hes the sort of 'pundit' so deeply seated in his diorama of fear he has to epxlain the entire thing in any response to anything

the west cannot come to the table with mordor iran, because sauron the leadership of iran is only interested in overthrowing the west
Does anyone but America actually care? So Iran gets nukes, they aren't suddenly going to go apeshit. Hell they probably want them so America will fuck off.

Bakustra

#1799 Post by Bakustra »

Aaron wrote: Does anyone but America actually care? So Iran gets nukes, they aren't suddenly going to go apeshit. Hell they probably want them so America will fuck off.
Well, there are other nations that are leery of Iran getting nuclear weapons, but generally, most non-Americans and a number of Americans conclude that the likely reason that Iran is pursuing nukes is to defend itself against Israel and the US (and potentially from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and other neighboring states which are fairly hostile). Since the US and Israel have frequently threatened to attack Iran over this, this raises the question of whether it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but bullshit artists like Slade and Purnell conjure up ways to deny that Iran has rational reasons for pursuing nukes that are dependent on the US, so that we don't have to examine our behaviors ever. Go USA! Basically, you're right.

Zod
perkele

#1800 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:
B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:

Does anyone but America actually care? So Iran gets nukes, they aren't suddenly going to go apeshit. Hell they probably want them so America will fuck off.
I'd imagine Israel's a bit twitchy.