Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#1926 Post by RogueIce »

That be the SEAL trident, yo. If you need me to tell you who the SEALs are, there's no helping you.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1927 Post by Darksi4190 »

No, I know who the SEALs are, I just didn't recognize the trident.

No fucking way i'd make it through SEAL training though. No way in hell.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1928 Post by adr »

you should become a fighter pilot. then become a lawyer
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190

#1929 Post by Darksi4190 »

I want to make some kind of joke, but good god that show was so awful it's frozen my brain.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1930 Post by RogueIce »

JAG was an awesome show and I say this for reasons other than just Catherine Bell's boobs.

Reasons like this:

The show was also the most authentic potrayal of the US Navy and Marine Corps I've ever seen. It puts such documentary-like series as McHale's Navy and Gomer Pyle, USMC to shame.

Darksi4190

#1931 Post by Darksi4190 »

Man didn't that chick end up with the ugliest and nerdiest dude in the cast?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1932 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:Man didn't that chick end up with the ugliest and nerdiest dude in the cast?
Yes. Thus showing that even out of shape nerdy Trekkies can score (repeatedly!) with hot blonde chicks who have an amazing rack.

EDIT: As long as you join the Navy. :prof:
Last edited by RogueIce on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxymoron

#1933 Post by Oxymoron »

From what I heard, the Navy offer the best benefits for people who want to study after their term of service. You should look into that, if part of your motivation to enlist is paying for your education.
No.

Darksi4190

#1934 Post by Darksi4190 »

RogueIce wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Man didn't that chick end up with the ugliest and nerdiest dude in the cast?
Yes. Thus showing that even out of shape nerdy Trekkies can score (repeatedly!) with hot blonde chicks who have an amazing rack.

EDIT: As long as you join the Navy. :prof:
Clearly the most accurate documentary ever.

The only episode of that series I still remember was one where they were putting some dude on trial for torturing at like gitmo or something, and the main cast was arguing against the use of torture. It just stands out in my mind because it's the complete opposite of every other military or intelligence themed show produced ever.

adr

#1935 Post by adr »

JAG was on like a pendulum of if they would accept shit. like they were the rule of law people, then swung toward "we're at WAR..... DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO" i think right after 9/11 but then swung back to caring about the law

maybe NCIS going on the air took all the writers who were pro torture lol

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1936 Post by RogueIce »

adr wrote:JAG was on like a pendulum of if they would accept shit. like they were the rule of law people, then swung toward "we're at WAR..... DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO" i think right after 9/11 but then swung back to caring about the law

Funny thing about NCIS is that during their pilot episodes on JAG, they had these CIA guys do the whole "leave 'em naked and wet in a cell" thing with a terrorist and accomplish nothing. So Gibbs goes in, gives the guy some clothes and good food and wine, and just chats with the dude like a normal person. He walks out with the information the CIA said would be impossible to get. :smugdog:

Funny how things ended up changing...

Darksi4190

#1937 Post by Darksi4190 »

I recall one of the things mentioned during the episode I talked about above, was when Roberts (he's the aforementioned ugly dude who married the smokin blond chick pictured above) was on the stand, he said something about getting info out of a terrorist by bonding over their mutual love of Star Trek

Clearly ST supports terrorism........

Zod
perkele

#1938 Post by Zod »

RogueIce wrote:
adr wrote:JAG was on like a pendulum of if they would accept shit. like they were the rule of law people, then swung toward "we're at WAR..... DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO" i think right after 9/11 but then swung back to caring about the law

Funny thing about NCIS is that during their pilot episodes on JAG, they had these CIA guys do the whole "leave 'em naked and wet in a cell" thing with a terrorist and accomplish nothing. So Gibbs goes in, gives the guy some clothes and good food and wine, and just chats with the dude like a normal person. He walks out with the information the CIA said would be impossible to get. :smugdog:

Funny how things ended up changing...
It's not like other countries understood this 60 years ago or anything.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1939 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:It's not like other countries understood this 60 years ago or anything.
I'm just talking about the show. Gibbs was pretty smug about the CIA's methods not working and then went and got the info in like five minutes. Now he's done a total 180 on that.

I guess it's notable that those two NCIS-in-JAG episodes were probably the only time NCIS even mentioned the words "Article 31" at all. But then that's because it was an episode of JAG and they were actually relatively good about that.

Better than shows like, well, Hawaii Five-0 and such.

adr

#1940 Post by adr »

oh god the new hawaii five 0 is the worst cop show i have ever seen

EVER

Oxymoron

#1941 Post by Oxymoron »

Each time I hear someone say "Sometimes you have to break the Rules/the Law to protect them/it", I lose my shit, and have to fight myself not to punch the person in the face.

I remember the first seasons of NCIS were pretty good actually. But it all went to shit shortly after that girl (edit : Kath, I think ?)got headshot and Ziva took her place. Then it became all about personal revenge on Gibbs' part and the various protagonists' own sob stories, instead of continuing with the earlier seasons formula.
Then there was the revelation that the guy who shot the girl was Ziva's brother ; and after that, the death of their Boss and her replacement...
Last edited by Oxymoron on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.

Darksi4190

#1942 Post by Darksi4190 »

I think the worst is Law and Order: SVU.

I don't know how the entire cast hasn't been kicked off the force and brought up on charges yet.

adr

#1943 Post by adr »

at least svu had some decent stories though

weemadando

#1944 Post by weemadando »

adr wrote:oh god the new hawaii five 0 is the worst cop show i have ever seen

EVER
QUICKLY. We need results. Torture the suspect to confess.

The obscene product placement is also hilarious. When Microsoft starts sponsoring the show and all the characters unceremoniously destroy their iPhones in various ways, all start talking about their awesome Windows Phone 7s, before starting to use the phrase "Bing it" in every episode.

So great.

adr

#1945 Post by adr »

Yes, and it seems to me that product placement is picking up in recent years. It's blatant and everywhere.

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention before though.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1946 Post by Aaron »

Do they zoom in on the gun?

GLOCK

Gands

#1947 Post by Gands »

Phantasee wrote:the americans are more enlightened than the elitist canadians when it comes to military matters

did you know the usaf will pay for your laser eye surgery and let you become a pilot

while the rcaf says '20/20 from birth or gtfo'?

no i'm not bitter i didn't get to become a fighter pilot

i'm bitter i didn't become a fighter pilot that went on to pilot the space shuttle
I think Aus is like that. A friend of mine beat all of the tests, but they wouldn't let him in because of his acne.

Zod
perkele

#1948 Post by Zod »

Gands wrote:
Phantasee wrote:the americans are more enlightened than the elitist canadians when it comes to military matters

did you know the usaf will pay for your laser eye surgery and let you become a pilot

while the rcaf says '20/20 from birth or gtfo'?

no i'm not bitter i didn't get to become a fighter pilot

i'm bitter i didn't become a fighter pilot that went on to pilot the space shuttle
I think Aus is like that. A friend of mine beat all of the tests, but they wouldn't let him in because of his acne.
Why would they deny you based on acne? That seems a little screwy.

Gands

#1949 Post by Gands »

Beats me. I think the low air pressure has something to do with skin conditions.

Presumably they get a lot of eighteen year olds with perfect three unit maths scores, so they can be needlessly choosy.

Losonti Tokash

#1950 Post by Losonti Tokash »

lol seals

if you join the air force give pararescue a shot :fukyu: