Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RyanThunder
Knows Best

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#1976 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:we could always ask ryanthunder he had that sort of thing figured out years ago
what're you talking about i had that shit figured out before i was born :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1977 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:We had to reset the Drama Counter only four times :v
Five. Or need I remind you of the Pinkie Pie incident?

Oxymoron

#1978 Post by Oxymoron »

We had agreed not to speak of it again, Rogue.
No.

The Spartan

#1979 Post by The Spartan »

That doesn't mean that it doesn't count!

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1980 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

omg omg the photographer is super interested in doing a shoot yessssssss

timmy

#1981 Post by timmy »

I've always figured facebook would be my collection of photos from when I was young and beautiful

Actually I have a blown up picture of me from the end of my teens behind a bookshelf that everyone signed at my 21st, so maybe that's it

I applaud the notion, Biscuit. Have fun.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

evilsoup

#1982 Post by evilsoup »

uch
fucking tory vermin
I'm starting to see the appeal of re-education camps
now they're talking about making people on Jobseeker's allowance come in every fucking day, so all the money they're getting will go on fucking bus tickets
plus it will swamp the offices -- right now people have to sign on once a fortnight, so we're looking at a 1400% rise in footfall if they go through with this (aww shit maybe I'll be able to get a job at the jobcentre -- lol probably not, the existing guys will just have to do more work)
all to target the vulnerable people who will be put off by this runaround and the extra stress
using nudge theory for evil, it's so diabolical it's almost beautiful

Crazedwraith

#1983 Post by Crazedwraith »

Technically it won't be 1400% increase. Because its not everyone on jsa. But people who have been on it for over two years.

But its still fucking stupid and wrong headed, taking the veiw that people on jsa are just lazy and its not because there just isn't enough jobs.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#1984 Post by evilsoup »

yeah you're right
it's still rather obviously targeted at the more vulnerable people on the JSA -- people who haven't got organisational skills for whatever reasons
also they're bringing in more unpaid work uch
I did eight weeks of that, working at the reception of a charity. I didn't mind that because it did give me useful experience, but also because it was a charity. That was fine. Another option the jobcentre gave me was working at a taxi firm as a dispatches caller; but fuck that, if I'm going to be doing work for a commercial operation I want to get paid, I don't want to be undermining their actual employees by working for free. Which is, of course, the real point of that scheme.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1985 Post by Phantasee »

Successfully held a youth wing summit in the heart of an opposition riding this weekend. Premier and some ministers came out. We made sure everybody knew. It was awesome.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Oxymoron

#1986 Post by Oxymoron »

Attention:

I bought myself three albums today, and they are the fucking dope.

French Touch all the way

(C2C - Tetra ; Woodkid - The Golden Age ; Wax Tailor - In The Mood For Life)
No.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1987 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

job interviiiiiieeeeewwwwww

evilsoup

#1988 Post by evilsoup »

good luck

Gands

#1989 Post by Gands »

Teaching is hard. I've been marking tests, and while it's less demanding than teaching kindergarten, it's more gruelling.
Phantasee wrote:Successfully held a youth wing summit in the heart of an opposition riding this weekend. Premier and some ministers came out. We made sure everybody knew. It was awesome.
Fantastic! I love reading your updates on these things. I like seeing people be both energetic about politics and also not nuts.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1990 Post by RyanThunder »

But he's with the Conservative party. They're pretty nuts.

Gands

#1991 Post by Gands »

But are they "exterminate the government" nuts?

evilsoup

#1992 Post by evilsoup »

look just because your country is broken doesn't mean that you get to inflict your low standards on the rest of us

Oxymoron

#1993 Post by Oxymoron »

Damn : now that my mobile phone has a 4G plan, I kid you not it can download data more than 10 times faster than my landline internet access (I just saw it download 6MB in the span of a second, while my landline goes at 500KB/s TOPS, and usually hover around 240KB/s).

That's just batshit insane.
No.

Oxymoron

#1994 Post by Oxymoron »

I was curious to see with hard numbers how bad / good it was. I wasn't disappointed :

Using Ookla speedtest app for the phone and the desktop website for the landline :

[my phone]
Ping : 49ms
Download : 31.81 Mbps (3.95 MB/s)
Upload : 17.5 Mbps (2.19 MB/s)

[my landline]
Ping : 61ms
Download : 2.19 Mbps (0.273 MB/s)
Upload : 0.48 Mps (0.06 MB/s)

[Phone/Landline]

Ping : 80% (20% reduction of ping time)
Download : 14.5x
Upload : 36.5x

It is to be noted that during that test my phone had only 2 of 4 bars of network, indicating a mediocre connectivity to the 4G network.

Test conducted with a Samsung Galaxy 4S smartphone.
No.

Crazedwraith

#1995 Post by Crazedwraith »

Hey Soup, have you heard the latest from cameron? No benefits for the under 25, you should be 'earning or learning'.

Cos you know young jobless people are just slackers that could easily find work. And higher education is totally free and available to all. :picard:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1996 Post by RogueIce »

Gands wrote:Teaching is hard. I've been marking tests, and while it's less demanding than teaching kindergarten, it's more grueling.
Scantrons are your friend. :prof:
evilsoup wrote:look just because your country is broken doesn't mean that you get to inflict your low standards on the rest of us
Canada is broken now? ???
Crazedwraith wrote:Hey Soup, have you heard the latest from cameron? No benefits for the under 25, you should be 'earning or learning'.

Cos you know young jobless people are just slackers that could easily find work. And higher education is totally free and available to all. :picard:
I thought the UK was the place where you "had" to pay back student loans but if you didn't nobody would actually do anything about it? Did that change?

Oxymoron

#1997 Post by Oxymoron »

I suppose not paying the loans back have a negative influence on their credit rating, hurting their chances to ever being able to buy a car or a house ?

As for Canada, I suppose it's a question of perspective, depending on which side of the Atlantic you look it from ? :fukyu:
No.

Crazedwraith

#1998 Post by Crazedwraith »

I thought the UK was the place where you "had" to pay back student loans but if you didn't nobody would actually do anything about it? Did that change?
You have to pay back loans. In fact its automatically taken from a pay check. But only if you're above a certain annual salary. £15,000 in my case. More for people who are more recent because charges trippled.

And that;s only for undergraduate loans. To stay in education until you were twenty-five you'd been doing post graduate studies. Which you have to pay for yourself. You can get loans for it but they'd be from a bank and of the really-real, pay back at once whatever your situation type of loan.

timmy

#1999 Post by timmy »

In Australia that's called the Higher Education Loan Plan(HELP), previously known as the Higher Education Contribution Scheme(HECS). The change was probably because 'loan' actually sounds like something you have to pay back Or Else, where 'Contribution' sounds like you're doing them a favour if you can chip in a bit.

My dad, on the other hand, got his medical degree for free.

And nowdays Australian Universities are being paid for by full-fee upfront students from all across Asia. I drunkenly apologised to one of them for this as he drove me home in his cab a few months ago. He said it was no biggie.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

evilsoup

#2000 Post by evilsoup »

I'm actually more concerned that the tories have gone full-on comic book supervillain and declared that they're going to get rid of the Human Rights Act
and reduce the number of appeals for immigrants trying not to get kicked out, with inane shit like 'oh they can appeal after they've been deported'. All because the Home Secretary got butthurt over the Abu Hamzer case (well OK the actual reason is that their entire ideology is based on hatred and fear)
even though that case brought about positive changes in Jordanian law to bring it more into line with human rights concerns, which I would consider a massive success

anyway, what with all the tories attacking my generation specifically, I'm starting to see the appeal of all those whiny little fucks talking shit about intergenerational conflicts (lol why don't we get all those lazy pensioners into full time employment or education?). It's still bollocks, but I'm getting it.
EDIT: it's pretty funny that the party that complains about the 'nanny state' so much is trying to act as some kind of surrogate parent

also I've been greatly amused by the paper that supported Hitler attacking a dead Jewish intellectual this week. Classy.