Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#201 Post by Flagg »

Dude Carlos Mencia is a hack who steals jokes. Unfunny jokes.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#202 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Dude Carlos Mencia is a hack who steals jokes. Unfunny jokes.
yeah that was out of line, sorry

you're only RF, not the crimson king after all

anyways apparently mencia cries secretly when people mention that

like, he went to therapy over it and everything and im betting the psychologist just said "get some better material you fucking hack" and he just bawled his way to the receptionist to make his copay

Flagg

#203 Post by Flagg »

No shit. I die to show how badass a character that does virtually nothing is, not shouting "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" at the top of my lungs while my writer jerks off to Harry Potter.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#204 Post by Bakustra »

lets get back into my other obsession:

tvtropes tries to write synopses of stephen king novels

"Published in 1974, Carrie was the first published novel by author Stephen King; it was adapted into a classic horror film in 1976 by Brian De Palma. The story follows the life of high school outcast Carrie White, a young teenage girl who has no friends at school and is endlessly tormented by her classmates and by her own mother, a raving Christian fanatic named Margaret. After being humiliated in the school shower while having her first period, Carrie learns that she possesses potent telekinetic powers, allowing her to move objects and knock people down with her mind. One bully in particular, Chris Hargensen, is suspended and barred from the upcoming prom for the incident involving Carrie. Feeling that Carrie is to blame for the situation, Chris plots revenge against her.

In the meantime, Sue Snell (one of Carrie and Chris' classmates) feels that what she and her friends did to Carrie was wrong and asks her athlete boyfriend, Tommy Ross, to take Carrie to the prom as a form of atonement. Chris finds out about this and sees an opening for one of the greatest pranks in school history: she and her friends will rig the ballots for prom queen so that Carrie wins, then dump a bucket of pig's blood on her head in front of the entire senior class, humiliating her on the best night of her life.

This goes about as well as one would expect it to."

okay, not too bad

""She had the smell of a brand new car, and that's just about the finest smell in the world, except maybe for pussy."
— Roland D. LeBay to Arnie Cunningham regarding the worst auto purchase in history. For both of them.

A 1983 novel by Stephen King that was also adapted into a feature film in the same year by John Carpenter. The basic premise is that the most unpopular guy in a Pittsburgh area high school buys his first car, much like any other teenager the world over. The problem is that his car is extremely and psychotically Yandere for him. The novel details his transition from normal, if nerdy and unhappy, teenager into a somewhat popular greaser loner, and eventually into a lonely psychotic as the the car and the ghost of the previous owner begin to exact an ever increasing amount of control over him."

weeaboo, right in the eye

"Joe Camber's dog, Cujo, is infected with rabies from a bat bite. Cujo is a St. Bernard. Yeah. Written in 1981 by Stephen King, and adapted into a film starring Dee Wallace in 1983."

cujo is actually about a failing marriage

"Dreamcatcher is a novel written by Stephen King.
Gary Ambrose "Jonesy" Jones, Pete Moore, Joe "Beaver" Clarendon and Henry Devlin are for lifelong friends. As kids, they saved Douglas "Duddits" Cavell, a boy with Down syndrome, from a group of bullies.
As adults, they go on an annual hunting trip where they come across a delirious stranger talking about lights in the sky. It becomes revealed that he's infected by an alien parasite. The army arrives lead by the psychotic Colonel Abraham Kurtz who puts the area under quarantine. It Gets Worse."

quite possibly the only people on this earth to like dreamcatcher

"Firestarter is a 1980 novel by Stephen King. It's about a 7-year-old girl named Charlene Roberta McGee (she goes by Charlie), who can start fires just by thinking about it, or if she's feeling particularly upset; she also has a hint of precognition and a fair amount of telekinesis. Her father, Andy, has an ability he calls the 'push', allowing him to influence people; and her mother, Vicky, has a very limited form of telekinesis, which only extends to closing doors and turning off the television from across the room.

They have those abilities because Andy and Vicky participated in an experiment sponsored by a government organization called The Shop during their college days; they were told that there was a 50% chance they would be injected with a small dose of harmless hallucinogenic drug and a 50% chance of being injected with water. It was actually an incredibly dangerous Psycho Serum, which gave them - and all the other participants in the test - paranormal abilities. Out of these other people, all but 3 are either dead or in a mental asylum of some sort. (The third one lost his abilities and is living a normal life.)

The agents of the Shop kept the McGees under surveillance, eventually killing Vicky and kidnapping Charlie. However, Andy freed her, using his 'mind domination' ability. At the beginning of the book, Charlie and her father are on the run from the Shop, whose members want to use Charlie's power to "influence" world leaders.

Also made into a movie of the same name in 1984, starring Drew Barrymore as Charlie, David Keith as Andy, George C. Scott as Rainbird, Martin Sheen as Hollister and Heather Locklear as Vicky. There was a Contested Sequel sometime later on titled Firestarter 2: Rekindled in 2002.

Julia Ecklar has written and recorded a song based on the novel, called "Daddy's Little Girl."

Referenced by the Neverwinter Nights 2 mod saga Dark Waters with an incident in the second chapter involving a girl about to be burned at the stake for starting fires."

these allusions were so very necessary to put into the synopsis

"A 1995 novel by Stephen King, and the final part of what some fans call "the abused wife trilogy" and some others call "that phase in the 1990s where King became preoccupied with misogyny and feminism".

Rose Daniels walks out of her marriage after years of emotional, physical and sexual abuse. She arrives in a new city and slowly begins a newer, better, more hopeful life. Only this is a Stephen King novel and her husband, Norm, is not going to let her go as easy as that. And is also befitting King, there's also a mysterious portrait of a woman in a rose madder dress..."

lol they dont even have a fucking page for dolores claiborne

"'Salem's Lot is a 1975 horror novel written by Stephen King. It was King's second published novel, following Carrie.
The plot focuses on the Maine town of Jerusalem's Lot, which is slowly taken over by vampires, and a small band of survivors, including protagonist Ben Mears, decide to fight back.
The eponymous town is revisited in the short stories "Jerusalem's Lot" and "One for the Road". (The former acts as a prequel to the novel, the latter is set three years after the events of the novel.) These stories are included in Night Shift, and also in the illustrated edition of 'Salem's Lot. Said illustrated edition was released in 2005, and also contains several deleted and alternate scenes."

absolutely zero consistency

""All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
A 1977 novel by Stephen King. Loosely adapted into a movie by Stanley Kubrick in 1980, starring Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall— though quite different from the original, the film has become a classic in its own right. Still, Stephen King was irritated at the changes (while remaining lukewarm-to-positive about the film overall), and it was more faithfully remade as a 1997 miniseries starring Steven Weber and Rebecca De Mornay. It didn't fare as well with the critics."

"Graffiti written on the front of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta in red spray paint:
"Dear Jesus. I will see you soon. Your friend, America. PS. I hope you will still have some vacancies by the end of the week."
One of Stephen King's most well regarded (and thickest) books, The Stand is a classic work of modern apocalyptic fiction. It is the book which introduces (and primarily describes, on Earth at least) King's most famous villain and "antichrist" figure, Randall Flagg.
King set out to write "An American Lord of the Rings", although he later demurred as to whether he was successful. Still, it is often rated his most popular book, and, along with IT, one of the most important works of King's early period.
The story concerns the travels and travails of well over a dozen characters following intersecting story arcs across the United States during and after an apocalyptic Super-Flu (nicknamed Captain Trips) kills 99.4 percent of humanity. The survivors are drawn into two camps on either side of the Rocky Mountains: One headed by the 108-year old, Moses-like Mother Abagail, is based in Boulder, CO; the other based in Las Vegas is headed by the demonic Flagg.
First published in 1978, the novel was reissued in 1990 in a "complete and uncut edition" containing about 400 additional pages of material from King's original manuscript.
A eight hour made-for-tv miniseries based on the novel aired for four nights on ABC in 1994. As of late 2011, a theatrical adaptation is being attempted for the second time-the first attempt was made during the 1980s and failed because of the difficulty adapting such a long novel for a big screen release, and the novel's dependence on narration to tell the story.
Not to be confused with the manifestations of one's inner powers."

see what i mean? anyways, brief detour

"Pinball Protagonist: For all the emphasis put on Stu, Glen, Larry, and Ralph journeying to Vegas to confront Flagg, they don't accomplish much of anything tangible. Of course, this depends on various interpretations of the ending:
Without their distraction, Trashcan Man would have been intercepted.
A sacrifice was needed to fulfill the prophecy.
The heroes are Decoy Protagonists, traveling into enemy territory to Bring News Back.
They actually did do something. If they hadn't been captured and prepared for execution, Whitney Horgan would never have made his speech, and Flagg would never have killed him with the fireball that later sets off the nuke."

you fucks you fucks they made their fucking stand and flagg's power fell apart and destroyed him because within the stephen king moral universe evil is always conquerable when stood up to, and is generally cowardly and frail when you actually face it down

jesus fucking christ

"IT is a 1986 horror novel by American author Stephen King. The story is about seven children being terrorized by a malevolent monster - known only as IT - that takes the form of their deepest fears but primarily appears in the form of a clown, calling itself "Pennywise the Dancing Clown." The novel features a nonlinear narrative which alternates between two different time periods and shifts among the different perspectives and stories of its seven protagonists. It deals with themes which would eventually become King staples: the power of memory, childhood trauma and the ugliness lurking behind a small-town façade.
One of the most popular Stephen King novels and widely regarded as a horror classic, It is also one of the darkest and most frightening, its subject matter being a child-killing supernatural monster with Adults Are Useless in effect for at least half the story. Along with The Stand it is one of the stories that cemented King's reputation as the premier modern horror writer.
In 1990, the novel was loosely adapted into a television movie featuring John Ritter as Ben Hanscom, Harry Anderson as Richie Tozier, Tim Reid as Mike Hanlon, Annette O'Toole as Beverly Marsh, Richard Thomas as Bill Denbrough and Tim Curry as Pennywise in a career-defining role.
On March 12th 2009, Warner Bros. announced that the production of a remake of IT had started. Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Doug Davison are set to produce.
Not to be confused with the 1927 silent film of the same name, which introduced the phrase "It Girl" to the world. Or the Big Bad of A Wrinkle in Time. Or the guys down in the sub-basement who run the TV Tropes Server. We hope."

lololololol
Flagg wrote:No shit. I die to show how badass a character that does virtually nothing is, not shouting "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" at the top of my lungs while my writer jerks off to Harry Potter.
just finished insomnia, and i realize why exactly king had to deviate from that in order to have the final confrontation be between roland and the kingfish, but still you can go too far with the hollowness of evil

i'd still love sequels to the original version of the gunslinger and have roland face down against maerlyn, who lives across time, and the beast, the 13th guardian and origin of all that is magical, before he enters the tower and is whisked back, as he always would be

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#205 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i liked dreamcatcher :D

Flagg

#206 Post by Flagg »

King said he was doing rewrites on the entire series, but I think the van gave him Brain Damage.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#207 Post by Flagg »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:i liked dreamcatcher :D
Ugh.

I didn't see the movie. I did read the book and it was horrible. Horrible. Just horrible.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#208 Post by Bakustra »

the movie makes duddits an alien and is terribly cheesy, so it's probably better than the book

edit: oh, and i'm going to have to read 11/22/63 and wind through the keyhole, but it's possible he's got it back for now

and at the very least he said he'd replace his self-insertion. hopefully with richard bachman or possibly george stark in a truly ridiculous reference

Flagg

#209 Post by Flagg »

That would be awesome.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#210 Post by Flagg »

BTW, did they keep the shit weasel in the movie?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#211 Post by Zod »

i couldn't bring myself to read dreamcatcher because the writing in the book didn't really flow

the movie was okay i guess

Bakustra

#212 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:BTW, did they keep the shit weasel in the movie?
yep

Flagg

#213 Post by Flagg »

Might be worth it just for that.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#214 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Might be worth it just for that.
i mean, it doesn't get too bloody or nothing but we do have a scene where they uncover the remnants in a toilet

also i found a "presidential alignment chart"

washington: lawful good (superman)
fdr: neutral good (spider-man)
teddy: chaotic good (robin hood)
jfk: lawful neutral (that guy at the dmv who looks for every possible mistake)
jefferson: true neutral (the guys from the neutral planet in futurama)
andrew jackson: chaotic neutral (yossarian)
woodrow wilson: lawful evil (lex luthor)
george w. bush: neutral evil (gordon gekko)
richard nixon: chaotic evil (the joker)

i guess breaking into people's homes and wrecking the places really does make you pure evil in the end

Flagg

#215 Post by Flagg »

Talk to some Indians about how good some of those dicks were. If you can find any indians, I mean.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#216 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Talk to some Indians about how good some of those dicks were. If you can find any indians, I mean.
basically all presidents: evil
fdr, lbj: neutral (pending)

Flagg

#217 Post by Flagg »

Internment camps and Vietnam, so evil.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#218 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Internment camps and Vietnam, so evil.
on the other hand, new deal and great society

Flagg

#219 Post by Flagg »

But do good deeds erase bad?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#220 Post by Bakustra »

well im going on the joke/idea that they were literally the only two presidents to do good things

except i forgot lincoln, who basically qualifies as good by the vast majority of standards, and grant, who should be neutral because he did some good things and at least had a policy towards indians that wasn't "genocide alright" sometimes

Losonti Tokash

#221 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i quite liked 11/22/63, baks if nothing else than for constant statements of "the past is obdurate" or the implications of selling the same 10 lbs of meat to people for years

never read IT so wouldn't have noticed the references if i hadn't been forewarned but they seemed well enough

one issue is how much "OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IN THE 50S WAS AWESOME" there is but after the beginning it mellows out a bit and also tries to remind itself that some culture shit was awful

also obligatory psychotic ex husband features in a bit

anyway their summary of the stand makes sense if you look at it from a certain perspective: i read it when I was very young (like 10) and didn't understand the importance in the story of standing up to evil or why half the cast exploded in boulder (for stalling and ignoring their mission)

i basically still thought this until earlier in the year i listened to the audiobook at work and realized shit like how much of a coward flagg (and by extension, his followers) was

like he literally just cannot figure out why the second spy kills herself before he can read her mind or why larry and co just walk on up without any weapons

Gands

#222 Post by Gands »

Losonti Tokash wrote:okay so i support the switch from blops to asscreed3

but ac multiplayer is waaaaay fucking worse for this shit

at least in blops you might conceivably kill a prestige 5 million dude
blops strikes me as a primarily multiplayer game, while asscreed looks to be more single player based

i like multiplayer for fun, such as playing with you guys, or playing stuff with Sam at home

i don't want opening week guys jostling for ranks. I'd rather come in when the game has dropped in price and the LEETPROs have moved on

Losonti Tokash

#223 Post by Losonti Tokash »

yeah at this point bf3 is a wasteland of clanners doing knife only servers

Gands

#224 Post by Gands »

*grumble*

this is why I avoided online shooters for so long, until i played bc2 with everyone. One's ability to have a good time is affected by every other player.

timmy

#225 Post by timmy »

Jesus christ Dan do you use terrible voice dictate software or are you fingers too big
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester