The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Gands

Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#2401 Post by Gands »

I use it occasionally, though with my accent it becomes "yill" for osme reason.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2402 Post by adr »

magic princess wrote:I love how now that the word redneck has been invoked, adr addresses us as "y'all".
lol i didn't even think about it. i actually use the term a lot irl as it is as the informal second person plural pronoun in my vocab

the more formal (or at least less familiar) version in my speech is "you guys"; amongst a group of friends i'll say "y'all'r out of milk" but if i went to the store i'd say "you guys are out of milk".

i don't often use "y'all" in public prolly because it isn't that common here in northern new york. there's a buncha differences in public and private stuff and the diff is in public i don't wanna stand out...
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#2403 Post by Darksi4190 »

magic princess wrote:As another tip for the future, plan out how many miles a day you plan to drive on a rental and the relative fuel efficiencies before going and getting a rental car... Sometimes a pickup from U-haul can be cheaper if you're only going to drive short distances.
it varies depending on the day really. Usually I don't drive much. Two days a week I drive to and from school, which is 10-20 miles there and another 10-20 back, and to work three times a week, which is about five miles there, and five miles back.

I occasionally do some other driving, like if I'm heading up to my dad's or going to a relatives house, but i've been trying to keep that to a minimum due to rising gas prices.

Djinnkitty83

#2404 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158442

It's probably a bad thing that I grinned upon seeing the thread title, eagerly anticipating the mental gymnastics involved with trying to slam religion, but avoiding saying the science is wrong, at the same time. :[

Yup, first reply nailed it. :fukyu:

Questor

#2405 Post by Questor »

Spartan, I'm Texan by birth, so I come by it honestly. I don't sound Texan unless I've heard the accent recently, though.

Last time I visited my grandparents, my entire voice changed according to my coworkers.

Flagg

#2406 Post by Flagg »

Questor wrote:Spartan, I'm Texan by birth, so I come by it honestly. I don't sound Texan unless I've heard the accent recently, though.

Last time I visited my grandparents, my entire voice changed according to my coworkers.
TEXAS!? ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS COME FROM TEXAS!

I was born in Fort Hood...
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Straha
Lecturer

#2407 Post by Straha »

Going to conferences always makes me depressed about the way that some academics just do not understand how far their head is up their ass.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Oxymoron

#2408 Post by Oxymoron »

If I asked for some context, would the explanation need to be more than 1000 words long for me to fully understand the situation ?
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#2409 Post by Straha »

No. This time it was me being subjected to a thirty-five minute discussion of "anime series I like" at an eco-ability conference.

Last time it was someone claiming that Lil Wayne and Drake, the rap artists, have graphic BDSM style sex with each other precisely because they deny having sex with each other and are, in fact, in 'the Sarcophagus' about their sexual identity.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

Oxymoron

#2410 Post by Oxymoron »

Ooooooo-kay...

I hope the rest of the conference was interesting / productive ?

What is this "eco-ability" thing ?
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#2411 Post by Straha »

Eco-ability is the cross-section of critical animal studies and disability studies and the attempt to create a burgeoning new field for rich and ripe academic production in a world littered with them.

There are some interesting ideas (I'll share my thoughts confidentially if y'all would like) here, but most of it is... dreck.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#2412 Post by Bakustra »

Straha wrote:No. This time it was me being subjected to a thirty-five minute discussion of "anime series I like" at an eco-ability conference.

Last time it was someone claiming that Lil Wayne and Drake, the rap artists, have graphic BDSM style sex with each other precisely because they deny having sex with each other and are, in fact, in 'the Sarcophagus' about their sexual identity.
See, and here I was thinking that I didn't have the experience to contribute academically! Now I don't feel so bad about wanting to write an essay about Wonder Woman.

So what animes?
Straha wrote:Eco-ability is the cross-section of critical animal studies and disability studies and the attempt to create a burgeoning new field for rich and ripe academic production in a world littered with them.

There are some interesting ideas (I'll share my thoughts confidentially if y'all would like) here, but most of it is... dreck.
Go ahead.

adr

#2413 Post by adr »

god damn it, i just tried to turn on that playstation to pwn a few n00bs....

and it is dead again. even worse than last time. last time it was on for a while then suddenly beeped and had a yellow light, and pressing the button again would make it beep again. this time both lights are red and there's no action at all. it doesn't even attempt to power on.

i think it is now good and truly dead. didn't even get three full months out of it.

oh well. maybe i should read a book

Darksi4190

#2414 Post by Darksi4190 »

if it isn't even three months old it's probably still under the manufacturer's warranty. Call Sony customer support and see if you can send it in for them to fix.

Aaron
El Duderino

#2415 Post by Aaron »

Pretty sure he voided that by putting it in the oven.

evilsoup

#2416 Post by evilsoup »

'it was like that when I got it'

adr

#2417 Post by adr »

the warranty was never an option anyway because it was an ebay purchase and needed a little trivial fixing immediately (the bluetooth didn't work cuz it was disconnected from the main board... and screws were missing, which means i wasn't the first one to open it up, and the last people didn't really know what they were doing. prolly why it was on ebay in the first place. but other than that it was in good condition and i didn't expect it to fail this quickly)

Flagg

#2418 Post by Flagg »

My god you are lame.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr

#2419 Post by adr »

omg i got mail from peta today!

the summary: never buy fur and write us a check

and animal stickers!!!!!!

edit: so i guess the question all this mail leaves me is if i do send them the $25 they want, how much of it goes back into printing and postage to spam me the rest of the year? it seems to me like it must be a pretty significant percentage. edit 2: the internet says the aspca spends about 36% of their budget on fundraising. idk about peta, peta sux anyway.
Last edited by adr on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darksi4190

#2420 Post by Darksi4190 »

adr wrote: edit: so i guess the question all this mail leaves me is if i do send them the $25 they want, how much of it goes back into printing and postage to spam me the rest of the year? it seems to me like it must be a pretty significant percentage
You might not want to do that.

adr

#2421 Post by adr »

Yeah, I don't like PETA, their record of killing is long and a lot of their advertising is untasteful too. But in general advertising is something I dislike because they are spending *your* money to manipulate you to get more of your money! Pretty fucked up when you think about it.

Darksi4190

#2422 Post by Darksi4190 »

so i'm browsing sb.com and I come across this.

I mean how in the fucking hell do you do that to yourself?

Manus Dei

#2423 Post by Manus Dei »

adr wrote:Yeah, I don't like PETA, their record of killing is long and a lot of their advertising is untasteful too. But in general advertising is something I dislike because they are spending *your* money to manipulate you to get more of your money! Pretty fucked up when you think about it.
not really! like not to defend peta but if you give a charity £10 which they spend on advertising which persuades two other people to donate £10 then they've got £20 to spend on the charity's cause, letting them do more good. I don't really have a problem with that!
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Manus Dei

#2424 Post by Manus Dei »

Darksi4190 wrote:so i'm browsing sb.com and I come across this.

I mean how in the fucking hell do you do that to yourself?
holy piss, he even managed to call the ambulance himself.

like...how stupid do you have to be to clean a damn harpoon gun without unloading it, but how damn lucky do you have to be to shoot yourself in the fucking eye with a harpoon and not kill yourself
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Sandman

#2425 Post by Sandman »

Fortune favours the foolish.