Losonti Tokash

Re: generic vidja gaems

#276 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Also rogue are you still interested in playing TORtanic with darksider and I

RogueIce
#YOLO

#277 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Rogue, is that an ideological reaction, or just a consequence of you having a shitty connection ?
The former.
Losonti Tokash wrote:Also rogue are you still interested in playing TORtanic with darksider and I
Yes.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#278 Post by Darksi4190 »

TORtanic? Never heard that nickname for it, though it's certainly apt.

I've got personal and school business, otherwise known as "real life shit" to take care of for the immediate future, but I expect to be able to roll my imperial slime character to group with you guys by the third week of February.

Do you want to roll republic characters on the same server so we can group up for those story lines too, or are you guys done with that side?

Djinnkitty83

#279 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Great, I see TORtanic and the first thing I think of is this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0thRWiqvP9g

weemadando

#280 Post by weemadando »

Proteus. I like it. Nay, I love it - it works for me in a way few other experiences do - the combination of the soundscape and the simple, but quite evocative art just really make me smile.

But is it a game? Discuss.

Of course, if you want, you can always mod it. http://i.imgur.com/NuOFDke.png

RogueIce
#YOLO

#281 Post by RogueIce »

Sounds like Myst.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#282 Post by RogueIce »

For those who care, STO is giving out free Ambassador class ships until Feb 14th, for both T3 and T5! And the mission to get it is pretty damn cool, IMO.

Stofsk

#283 Post by Stofsk »

RogueIce wrote:For those who care, STO is giving out free Ambassador class ships until Feb 14th, for both T3 and T5! And the mission to get it is pretty damn cool, IMO.
What happens after 14 February?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#284 Post by RogueIce »

The anniversary event ends, I suppose.

Manus Dei

#285 Post by Manus Dei »

Hey so picking up from the Devil May Cry chat from earlier, I picked it up yesterday and to be honest I'm enjoying it a lot more than most of the other DMC games.

The combat feels a lot more accessible, and I really like the Angel/Demon weapons weapon mechanic. I have to say it is an awful lot easier though; it doesn't bug me too much as the DMC games I've played were in places irritatingly frustrating (due to me being ass at them) so this feels just right. I can see people who were actually half decent at the other ones being frustrated though :v the platforming parts are great thought - very fluid and never feel obnoxiously long, I'm never thinking "jesus christ enjoy with the bouncing around, let me murder stuff already".

I won't comment on Frod and Dooey's discussion of the plot and character development as I'm only just halfway, but I'm pretty disappointed with the script. My absolute favourite part of DMC in the past has been how everyone - but especially Danté - doesn't so much chew the scenery but rather devour it wholesale, and that's pretty much missing entirely in place of something close to South Park.
Like, compare this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yfdzyIrd89U

With this inspiring snippet from DmC:
"Fuck you!"
"Fuck you!"
"FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOU!"
It's just not the same.

I have to same I am really digging the art direction though, even if it cribs shameless heavily from Bayonetta in some parts.
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Djinnkitty83

#286 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

You know, the script is pretty cringe-worthy.

But to anyone who puts on their rose-tinted glasses and tries to say the old games are better in that regard, all I have to say is...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=79ddOyvnh6o

timmy

#287 Post by timmy »

Veef wrote:i just want the f-111 based jetpack

to do my Aussie friends proud
You know the RAAF has retired them right

We all cried too
Stofsk wrote:
RogueIce wrote:For those who care, STO is giving out free Ambassador class ships until Feb 14th, for both T3 and T5! And the mission to get it is pretty damn cool, IMO.
Probably 800 zen in the store, that's what

Log in and play the godsdamn mission. Only take you half an hour and worth it for the cameos.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#288 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:But to anyone who puts on their rose-tinted glasses and tries to say the old games are better in that regard, all I have to say is...
a) That line is not really representative of the whole franchise
b) It is fucking amazing and literally the funniest moment in the game :v

Zod
perkele

#289 Post by Zod »

I kind of liked the Shakespeare exchange between Dante and Agnus in dmc4 myself.

Manus Dei

#290 Post by Manus Dei »

Zod wrote:I kind of liked the Shakespeare exchange between Dante and Agnus in dmc4 myself.
I didn’t like it, I fucking loved it.
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Djinnkitty83

#291 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

The Agnus Shakespeare exchange and Dante's paper-thin innuendo with Lucifer were my favourite parts of 4. The game as a whole left a bad taste in my mouth, though.

I don't really mind the dialogue in the reboot, aside from Dante's occasional terrible line-readings. It's a reboot, a re-imagining of the series and characters, and it never tried to sell itself as anything but that, so of course it's going to be different from the original. Everyone likes to latch onto the 'fuck you' exchange, but I think it fits, hell, it got a giggle out of me when I first saw it. This version of Dante is more angry anarcho-punk than carefree, pizza-eating amalgamation of Japanese stereotypes of the American hero... plus I like the view that demons aren't necessarily restricted to vaguely anachronistic, pompous-speak and, what with some of them being amplified aspects of the darker portions of humanity, can be just as modern, crude, and vile in their language as people. An insult fight before a physical fight degrading into a brief round of epithet-slinging, to me, fits.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#292 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:It's a reboot, a re-imagining of the series and characters, and it never tried to sell itself as anything but that, so of course it's going to be different from the original.
Our problem isn't that it's different, just that it's shit.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#293 Post by RogueIce »

timmy wrote:
Stofsk wrote:
Probably 800 zen in the store, that's what

Log in and play the godsdamn mission. Only take you half an hour and worth it for the cameos.
If all the missions were like this one the game would be about ten times better. At least for Fed side.

On KDF side I heard they just kinda copied the Fed mission but in other news the sky is blue. :fukyu:

Djinnkitty83

#294 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Our problem isn't that it's different, just that it's shit.
You keep stating this personal opinion as if it were fact. It's not like Lucas made this one and went back to replace all the old Dante models with the new ones. Just let it go and play the old games if it really bugs you this much.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#295 Post by RyanThunder »

I find it endlessly irritating how people like you can't seem to understand the problem with "Just shut up and go play the old games."

New game. Improved everything. "Shit" setting and characters. x/10

Would be x+y/10 with old "better" setting/characters.

Do you see the problem yet?

Djinnkitty83

#296 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

That's okay, I find it endlessly irritating kind of pitiable that despite claims to the contrary, the new game bothers you (a generalized 'you') to the point that you have to repeat, over and over again, how much you don't like it. Thing is, your concerns were heard and acknowledged several pages ago when I first brought it up. Since that point, *nothing* new has been brought to the table from your end other than 'rawr it sucks!' Yes, we understand you don't like it, we heard you the first half dozen times and actually discussed it at length. Now let the adults discuss the actual merits and flaws of the game (because there are plenty of both).

So unless something new is actually brought up, I will give as much regard to the 'rawr it sucks' chant as I do to any other brand of butthurt fanboy.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#297 Post by RyanThunder »

Fair enough.

Agent Bert Macklin

#298 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

More games like Heavy Rain, please. It's an interactive version of Se7en and there's no doubt in my mind that some of the game's aspects are direct homages (an entire city defined by depressing climate and near replication of the score). What a game.

Djinnkitty83

#299 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

RyanThunder wrote:Fair enough.
Sadly it was more directed at Ford than you. You're at least giving a reason why you're not happy with it, Ford's devolved to the point of being the angry kid in the corner looking petulant and going, "Well it sucks, you guys."

Oxymoron

#300 Post by Oxymoron »

Negative Knub wrote:More games like Heavy Rain, please. It's an interactive version of Se7en and there's no doubt in my mind that some of the game's aspects are direct homages (an entire city defined by depressing climate and near replication of the score). What a game.
In which way(s) does it compare to Se7en ? I have only seen a few extracts from Heavy Rain, so I don't really know much about it apart from "guy lose his kid, and his world falls apart as a result" ; and it's been years since I watched Se7en.
No.