Veef

Re: Godammed SDN

#2878 Post by Veef »

i'll give you fucking eye lasers!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2879 Post by adr-admin »

i really wish sdn had a functioning justice system based on the rule of law instead of being a dysfunctional police state

it'd be so much fun watching the moderators try to actually make a case to an impartial judge

bring back the senate

and the video game music

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFtRyxrQieI

What shall we do with him? Fire perhaps? Hang him upside down for a few years? Or shall we employ the guillotine?

You, the Senate, shall decide his fate. (i love the way there's no question of guilt or innocence from the chancellor at all)

btw i love the way that idiot playing in the youtube lies

you start it

i've tried to get her to start it, but she goes around you unless you're pressing a button on the d pad

what motive do you need to kidnap the princess?! christ pierre is incompetent. i want to appeal based on inadequate defense counsel

btw doesn't the crowd kinda remind you of the trial from star trek 6?

not guilty

BOOM BOOM BOOM

GUILTY

yayayayayay

mang and that one guard could have spoken up and told his supervisor that the chancellor was full of it

but he didn't

all that's needed for evil to succeed is for good manges to do nothing

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2880 Post by adr-admin »

wow, and sc rawl joins the fray, selectively hosing Thanas' vendetta my blatant trolling attempt

i really don't want to bring dalton into this. the guy has a wife and a baby and a job and just generally better things to do than babysit his own fucking staff

but this is ridiculous

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2881 Post by adr-admin »

Veef

#2882 Post by Veef »

why did they lock and sticky the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL thread

like why is so much of that site about putting things you don't like on display

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2883 Post by adr-admin »

i wonder if ima get banned for defending myself against the allegations

it's like motherfucking thought crime here

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2884 Post by adr-admin »

hehe i'm throwing dalton a laugh in my sig

he probably won't be as amused as i am

but oh well

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#2885 Post by Bakustra »

Hey, Dalton, if you're reading this (or Thanas, feel free to PM this to Dalton), this is exactly why people here complain about moderation. Adr's "trolling" consisted of reasonable points he happens to believe, that he posted in order to spark discussion. Well, hell, that's pretty much why I posted the feminism thread in Testing, and why I post half the stuff I post that's even mildly inflammatory. And yet you immediately crack down on it because it's ADR doing it, and because he said something about trolling. Hey, U, did you read any of story's old GBS threads on SomethingAwful? This is reminding me of that only the people declaring that it's all trolling and unworthy of response are the moderators and administrators. For the love of God.

Man, as soon as I get treated reasonably by Edi, shit rolls downhill for somebody else.

Bakustra

#2886 Post by Bakustra »

Actually, this is the greatest troll- posting that you're going to troll, posting something reasonable, and getting people to freak out about it.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#2887 Post by starku »

Remember only content of logical arguments is important

Not who says it or why

Agent Bert Macklin

#2888 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Just go all out and get yourself banned, ADR.

Zod
perkele

#2889 Post by Zod »

Knubfuck wrote:Just go all out and get yourself banned, ADR.
so he can come back with a sock puppet?

CONSISTENCY :v

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#2890 Post by starku »

This is whyw when people say 'dalton is an okay guy' I laugh my ass off
if you're so snowed under and full of persecution maybe you should just quit

Te best part is the very existence of people who make fun of his buddies or his sandpit and who are beyond his control drives him up the wall

Seriously guys get a grip

Bakustra

#2891 Post by Bakustra »

Dooey Jo wrote:there isn't any system of morality inherent to atheism, nor to theism

chocula is an idiot, but goddamn, when he drags the code of hammurabi out of its dusty tomb the response is not to say "ya but that's only the first written source there could be earlier secular origins"

it is to do like bak and say "'do unto others etc.' - what part of this requires belief in a god"

because it doesn't matter if a religious guy said it first
well according to scrawl all you have to do is combine "ya but there could be earlier secular origins" with evopsych and that's the strongest argument possible

what a fucking idiot
starku wrote:This is whyw when people say 'dalton is an okay guy' I laugh my ass off
if you're so snowed under and full of persecution maybe you should just quit

Te best part is the very existence of people who make fun of his buddies or his sandpit and who are beyond his control drives him up the wall

Seriously guys get a grip
honestly i'm seriously disappointed in those guys

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2892 Post by adr-admin »

lol alyeska posted again in the hos thread

i wonder if they realize what the word "lie" means. like did they actually read the post thanas pulled where i said i hadn't had a chance to troll yet? why would i lie here, the same place i was apparently 100% honest about trolling in the first place?

Bakustra

#2893 Post by Bakustra »

so what i'm getting from this is that internet detective work is a-ok

guess i'll dump the dirt on zinegata or something next time he posts lol

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2894 Post by adr-admin »

i couldn't resist pming alyeska
Did you read what Thanas quoted?

"i haven't even posted my troll post yet"

I said specifically in there that I was not trolling, and he actually reposted that. I said labeled the troll post later on SDN!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 1#p3613371

(the troll aspect comes in when people aren't able to defend militant atheist philosophy)

SCRawl didn't split that out, interestingly enough.

Anyway, ask yourself this: if I thought Thanas was reading my posts on the other website, why would I say I was going to troll in the first place? If I didn't think he was reading it, why would I lie for his benefit later on?

It just doesn't make sense.

artemas

#2895 Post by artemas »

hey bak, has anyone in the feminism thread brought up that jasmines agency is undermined by the portrayal of her father as weak, ingenuous and doting?

because you should point that out if not

Bakustra

#2896 Post by Bakustra »

artemas wrote:hey bak, has anyone in the feminism thread brought up that jasmines agency is undermined by the portrayal of her father as weak, ingenuous and doting?

because you should point that out if not
look, purple is at the level of denying that campy characters can exist

and cmdr. pter thanas is relying on in-story logic and constantly attacking poniezzz so i think that may be a bit above the level of discourse

also, i think that probably counts as trolling since you're discussing it on here and all

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2897 Post by adr-admin »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:Actually, this is the greatest troll- posting that you're going to troll, posting something reasonable, and getting people to freak out about it.
I did eventually go with the troll thing, though I didn't get to follow through much. The "atheism is a religion" was what I was planning; to play off the nerd rapture posts, the us vs them hostility, and the de-facto dogmas.

I went into another angle in one post, HOSed, reply to NoXion, with the logic thing. If you're basing your power on God, that's a fairly different animal than basing your power on the very lives of your subjects; both (can) have good logic, but I also believe the latter may be more dangerous, precisely because the premise is harder to argue against. (the "more" is where the troll comes in; I'm not sure whether I really believe that or not, but I do think it both has solid angles to support it, and that it'd raise questions and discussion among the SDN atheist crowd.)

You can say "you're wrong about God's will" without that belief directly affecting you; the worst that will happen is the sovereign will kill you. Whereas if it is based on some other factor, whether it's oil, or "them foreigners", that can affect your life directly.... the masses have a whole different kind of motivation. Indeed, troll angle again, religion might give them more will to fight against the tyrant, since if they die opposing unholy tyranny they might be ok with it on a level that the atheist philosopher isn't.)

There's also the stuff I talked about earlier in this thread, about how utilitarian duty might lead to humanitarian interventions.

If we don't categorize each other by religion, there's plenty of other ways to oppress outsiders, which goes back to the first trust post, in a way.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2898 Post by adr-admin »

blah i'm resisting posting in that thread again they are doing it all wrong

but gah i need to get to bed.

xon

#2899 Post by xon »

adr wrote:hehe i'm throwing dalton a laugh in my sig

he probably won't be as amused as i am

but oh well
Did your sig just get deleted on TEO?

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#2900 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Ahahahah!

Dalton: Republican who says he's going to vote for everything the conservatives tell him to isn't anti-gay if he votes for anti-gay initiatives.