videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: videojuegos

#301 Post by Oxymoron »

I want to like HoI 3, I really do. But its complexity (which could be fun) is spoiled by an ergonomics that make angels weep.
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#302 Post by RogueIce »

Yeah, it's kind of annoying, which is why I stopped.

I'm a bit of an RPer when it comes to my HoI games. One of the things I do is that I won't build ships unless they are of that class. So to take an easy example, I won't build the USS Essex or ships after that until I've researched the tech unlocking the CV model with the Essex class name.

Except with HoI3's "new and improved" tech research interface, I have no fucking clue when that'll be. I suppose the hardcore war sim crowd loves it for the ability to, say, have tanks with faster engines and lighter armor as a customizability thing (lol World of Tanks meets Hearts of Iron) but I just find the whole thing entirely too opaque for my tastes.

That and the way unit names work. Although that's admittedly a pretty nitpicky issue which 99% of players won't give a fuck about.

It's sad because I really want to like the game, because there are some features I enjoy, like the new chain of command system and AI control of your troops. Which may be "lol AI" but I like not needing to micromanage. It just has too many downsides to it that I can't really enjoy myself playing.

That and the buggy-as-shit release, though to be fair they do have three expansions and a good number of patches out by now, so hopefully it's not much worse than say HoI2 DD ARM fully patched.

Better than CA who just fucking gave up entirely on Empire: Total War. :argh:

Seriously that looked like so much fun but it was a buggy mess and then they went and jumped ship on it rather than try and fix the thing. Those fuckers.

Oxymoron

#303 Post by Oxymoron »

I found that selecting units and giving orders was a pain in the ass, the combat interface to be opaque even though there's a lot of informations displayed, and the need to play with map filters to get a good view of the situation is rage-inducing given how shitty the interface is. When you spend three fourth of the gameplay time paused looking at spreadsheet...
No.

Gands

#304 Post by Gands »

Apparently only the PS3 preorder of Arkham Origins will have the Dozier Batman as a skin. :(

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#305 Post by Darksi4190 »

Bought and beat the Deadpool game yesterday. Holy fuck that was just like five straight hours of Awesome.

Don't take that as a recommendation though. I suspect much of the Humor in the game would be distasteful or outright offensive to a lot of people here.

evilsoup

#306 Post by evilsoup »

offensive how, exactly?

Losonti Tokash

#307 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i like deadpool but i think he's probably 90% built on making fun of mental illness lol

the real joke is that he's the only sane character in all of marvel

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#308 Post by Darksi4190 »

evilsoup wrote:offensive how, exactly?
Look up a vid of the Arclite boss fight on Youtube and you'll see what I mean.

I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here it is. Skip to the end for the "offensive" part.

Oxymoron

#309 Post by Oxymoron »

Playing Tropico 4 Gold.

Greatly enjoying the experience so far.
No.

Manus Dei

#310 Post by Manus Dei »

Finished Saints Row 3 tonight. Oh man the last mission is pretty much the lamest ending I've ever seen.
Suddenly everyone is fighting! Killbane is leaving and you have to stop him for some reason! The Mayor is trying to blow up a huge statue! Stop one of them! Hooray you did it and now STAG leave! Now you're dropped for no reason into a stupid gimmick level where basically all your character progression is thrown out the window and you have to do an incredibly sub-par and totally unfunny third person shooter bit! Dumb boss fight! IT WAS A MOVIE THE END.
Jesus. I haven't played a game with such an underwhelming ending since fucking Halo 2.

No, wait. At least Halo 2's ending had the fuckyeah of I'M FINISHING THIS FIGHT and Halo 3 to look forward to. This just had me asking, "What? That's it?"
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

joviwan

#311 Post by joviwan »

I guess it didn't bother me too much, but that might be because I was still abstractly disappointed that the entire story for SR3 was weaker than SR2's in every way.

Manus Dei

#312 Post by Manus Dei »

this is perfectly true
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

joviwan

#313 Post by joviwan »

The guy in charge of the Gentlemen mods had some nice things to say about SR4 (he got a sneak peak), so I'm hopeful that with new pubs, the devs can actually do shit. There was apparently more than one stupid story thing that was directly the fault of the guys signing their paychecks.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#314 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Darksi4190 wrote:I suspect much of the Humor in the game would be distasteful or outright offensive to a lot of people here.
It is an offensively lame, boring and unfunny game, but it's mostly just crass and childish.

Oxymoron

#315 Post by Oxymoron »

Did Deadpool ever appear in one of Marvel's cartoons ?
No.

Veef

#316 Post by Veef »

deadpool is in new york

joviwan

#317 Post by joviwan »

Oxymoron wrote:Did Deadpool ever appear in one of Marvel's cartoons ?
He's appeared in several of the Marvel animated films.

evilsoup

#318 Post by evilsoup »

Anyway all of you go and buy The Last of Us. Aside from some video-gamey stuff (like the lack of peripheral vision amongst the enemies), it's perfect. A really great film or book will dominate your thoughts for days after you've finished, and this is the first game I've played to have that effect on me. It's been nearly a week since I finished it and I'm still mulling things over.

Oxymoron

#319 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

Veef

#320 Post by Veef »

Manus Dei

#321 Post by Manus Dei »

Veef wrote:Image

deadpool is in new york
i love that "pool pool" is apparently the sound effect for being deadpool

also is that the bkub guy

Veef

#322 Post by Veef »

yeah that's bkub (see the name up top). he drew that comic at NYCC one year

Veef

#323 Post by Veef »

i finally picked up Metal Gear Raiden helps Courtney with her stress problems

it's like one of my japanese visual novels

joviwan

#324 Post by joviwan »

You really need to reconstruct that sentence so people who aren't you can read it.

Djinnkitty83

#325 Post by Djinnkitty83 »