The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
timmy

Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#376 Post by timmy »

She came out just after my last post. A weak apology, and something about 'at least it's only a monthly meeting'

Just kept my mouth shut. No sense in starting an argument; the children were all asleep in the back.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Oxymoron

#377 Post by Oxymoron »

I know it's a severe case of Slowpoke, but I just discovered the following :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36gE-CP-TGQ

:america:
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#378 Post by Straha »

Watching the new House of Cards.

Not sure I like it. Probably because I'm spoiled by the old one.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#379 Post by Phantasee »

I watched 8-9 episodes over the weekend. I speak with a South Carolinan accent and crave ribs for breakfast.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Straha
Lecturer

#380 Post by Straha »

Watch the original (it's on Netflix as House of Cards trilogy I think). It's parliamentary so the goal makes sense. It's got much better acting, better characters, much more tightly scripted, and the main character blows this one out of the water.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

RogueIce
#YOLO

#381 Post by RogueIce »

Nostalgia Critic - The Odd Life of Timothy Green

So, it's his first episode back. And...I actually really liked it. He has an intro now, which is different. I like how he uses that nifty "The Review Must Go On" remix as the tune, it fits with the general context of Nostalgia Critic 2.0 and is pretty catchy. I'm not sure the scenes flashing by work too well with the pacing of the song, though; some scenes are really fitting with the tone of the music and others aren't. Ah well.

On the to the review itself, it was pretty good. He's not as SCREAMING RAEG as he seemed to be at the end there, which I think is to the better. And I like how he incorporates the Demo Reel stars into his skits, as it lets them do more things than were possible with just him and Rob. I also enjoyed his fake commercial a lot, hope those continue, as it makes the mid-episode ads a bit nicer to watch.

Overall I'd say this is a pretty good start, and I'd say the extra editing time he allowed for himself shows. We'll see if he continues on in another couple of week, I guess.

(also getting the obligatory "lol 2012 isn't nostalgic :iamafuckwit: " out of the way now)

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#382 Post by RyanThunder »

Except that... well... it isn't.
*smirk*
EDIT: If that's the NegativeMan emote, where's the PositiveMan emote?

weemadando

#383 Post by weemadando »

Convenient that he's covering this just weeks after How Did This Get Made did their breakdown of it...

/internet conspiracies.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#384 Post by RogueIce »

weemadando wrote:Convenient that he's covering this just weeks after How Did This Get Made did their breakdown of it...

/internet conspiracies.
Bit of a weak one, though. He released "The Review Must Go On" which had him rather obviously stating he would be covering this movie the same day that other video/audio/whatever was released. And he clearly had to have spent some time making it, especially with coordinating those cameos.

So coincidence I'd say.

Gands

#385 Post by Gands »

When looking at NC videos, do you guys only watch the videos based on films you've seen?

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#386 Post by RyanThunder »

Probably not a good idea to read about spiders before bed.

:psypop:

Crazedwraith

#387 Post by Crazedwraith »

Gands wrote:When looking at NC videos, do you guys only watch the videos based on films you've seen?
I'll tend to give videos of stuff I've not watched a go if they sound interesting.

I watched the one with the Mara Wilson cameo for instance. And a lot of the new vs olds. Even though I've not seen silence of the lambs/ king kong. Etc.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Veef

#388 Post by Veef »

http://ogiuemaniax.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... unlimited/

The NC is anime now.

What is anime?

Anime is

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#389 Post by Darksi4190 »

Can someone tell me why Final Fantasy XIII is getting another sequel despite it being one of the lamest settings in the franchise?
Last edited by Darksi4190 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#390 Post by RyanThunder »

Are you kidding? The setting is fucking fascinating. It's the games that are fucking terrible.

Zod
perkele

#391 Post by Zod »

For once I actually have to agree with Ryan.

Straha
Lecturer

#392 Post by Straha »

So I'm drawn to that board from whence we all came about once a week. I'll look in, and if something catches my eye I'll post a couple things there, but unlike when I was younger I get bored incredibly quickly of it. This makes me sad because I do think there are a couple nuggets of that place I fundamentally like and miss, most notably the unwillingness to civilize disagreement. I just wish that the majority of posters there weren't so fucking dumb, and a shred of self-awareness for the posters who do have a brain cell or two would not go amiss.

Alternatively I'd take about five or ten more active and self-aware posters here. Or three posters and Stark. That'd be nice.

Oxymoron

#393 Post by Oxymoron »

I find the art of that comic to be pretty cool : http://ray-b.net/index.php?/comics/pokecenter/

Gotta love Art Deco and monumentalism.
No.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#394 Post by Darksi4190 »

So we found a possible replacement for the old Escape, i'm looking at a 2010 Chevy Malibu that felt really comfortable to test drive.

I was still holding out some small hope that I could get the escape fixed, but the guy at the dealership said it's in such poor condition that i'd be lucky to get 500 dollars for it from a salvage company, and that really isn't enough to justify repairing the bump damage, replacing the brakes and the corroded brake lines, replacing the muffler, and the front drivers side tire.

We're going to pull it in to the garage this weekend and clean it out one last time, then maybe i'll take it for one last drive around the neighborhood. I wanted to get one last decent drive out of it, maybe run it up to best buy or something, but with the hood unable to close completely dad says it's not safe. My friend told me to use a bungie cord but I don't think dad'll go for that.

timmy

#395 Post by timmy »

I'm on the fence about this Dominarch's Hope guy on TEO. Can't decide whether it's Socks, one of you guys, or a genuine teenager with the wrong idea about how to make good early impressions.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#396 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I have no idea why people think it's EP. Every single one of his sockpuppets was obvious and acted the same. Unless he wised up and decided he'd go undercover by being a loud and obnoxious fascist wannabe to cover up his own personality it just doesn't hold up.

weemadando

#397 Post by weemadando »

It reads like a late high school or early university kid with a basic grasp of history and politics, but who hasn't learned the second semester part of the story yet.

Zod
perkele

#398 Post by Zod »

timmy wrote:I'm on the fence about this Dominarch's Hope guy on TEO. Can't decide whether it's Socks, one of you guys, or a genuine teenager with the wrong idea about how to make good early impressions.
Could be TrekDestroyer again, idk.

Losonti Tokash

#399 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Too literate

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#400 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:I have no idea why people think it's EP. Every single one of his sockpuppets was obvious and acted the same. Unless he wised up and decided he'd go undercover by being a loud and obnoxious fascist wannabe to cover up his own personality it just doesn't hold up.
I'm getting my TrollSuite 3.0 booted up and ready to analyze.
wtf is with this shitty-ass prose poem formatting wrote:Those arent 'poor', those are straight up fucking homeless people. Which literally every nation has.
You do realize that a fairly massive chunk of those firebarrle guys are deinstutionalized people from when the asylums started kicking people out, not to mention other mentally disabled people.
Quite frankly, there arent enough of those people for it to really matter. And there things called HUD, EBT, and Welfare/Disability.
But yeah, those people getting screwed over is in fact, the price itself. Worth it. I mean really, what do you think motivates most research in the medical field?
Altruism?
Or greed and pride? The desire for all the delicious money and your name being remembered forever. What do you think gets these projects funded to get started? Greed. Dollar signs.
Fucking money motivates people. Sheer greed. That has some problems, but Im okay with them.
However, while I disagree with EBT-Style errybody is paid for by Uncle Sam type Health system, its the right way to do the wrong thing.
Obama, however, has managed to do the wrong thing in the stupid way. And that offends me.
I think he's probably genuine, it's a long way to go to troll and he's just not quite over-the-top enough. Edit: That is, for deep-cover style trolling. He might be trying to rock it fyad-style but in that case he's getting too passionate. Sloppy.

Also lawl capitalism causes brain damage