Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: Godammed SDN

#3826 Post by RogueIce »

So that NYT budget cut thing...

What's up with people cutting military bands? I mean, really? Are they some evil instrument of imperialist power or something? I just don't get the lack of love some people have for them.

Also:

hai guyz am i doing it rite lol?

adr-admin
Site Admin

#3827 Post by adr-admin »

something funny about the military

my city is p. close to an army base

the congressman (and senators) is always ensuring that he or she will fight to keep the base open

why?

the army money is great for the city economy. there's liek 10,000 soldiers at that base. i think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Drum

yeah about 10k

the city has a population of about 30k, and the whole county ~ 110k

anywho the soldiers are liek 1/10 the population of the county

and they bring in their pay and spend it here.....

their pay comes from the taxpayers sure, but it is really a kind of pork for us, since when they spend it here it's our money now

basically the army is a giant REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH and EARMARKED PORK scheme

it's also arguably WELFARE and STIMULUS for the ppl in it

i guess what i'm saying is cutting military spending can have more consequences than it seems at first glance

i'm all for cutting the overseas shit

and all the wasteful pork everywhere else in the country

but take ur filthy paws off my district, you damned dirty austerity

adr-admin
Site Admin

#3828 Post by adr-admin »

ps my attitude there is why congress can have a 10% approval rating, yet incumbants get reelected like 90% of the time

98% of the senators are wasteful assholes blowing your hard earned money on people who don't deserve it

but the other 2% are great for taking someone else's hard earned money and blowing it on you

Stofsk

#3829 Post by Stofsk »

RogueIce wrote:So that NYT budget cut thing...

What's up with people cutting military bands? I mean, really? Are they some evil instrument of imperialist power or something? I just don't get the lack of love some people have for them.
it's also a drop in the bucket as far as the budget is concerned, i decided to keep it
lol i did the same but i wasn't willing to cut back on so many of the benefits, so my budget ended up being 1.1 trillion

but shit like cancel the F35 because FUCK YOU or 'lol reduce our carrier fleet by 1' is stuff i can totally get behind

but then i am not american :V

Count Chocula
Liberal

#3830 Post by Count Chocula »

Uhh the Aussies are buying the F-35. Bad move on their part IMO; those waters are pretty big for single engine Thuds stealthish attack jets to patrol.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Stofsk

#3831 Post by Stofsk »

ADF materiel procurement is a tragic lol 99 times out of 100

Count Chocula
Liberal

#3832 Post by Count Chocula »

You need F-15Es with Phoenix or AMRAAM with a third stage booster. Jesus, doesn't anyone in procurement know how to read a map?
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Djinnkitty83

#3833 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Coffee, apparently you're part of the moral brigade now. Of all the insults I've seen directed at you, 'a fine upstanding citizen' probably tops the list.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#3834 Post by starku »

Count Chocula wrote:You need F-15Es with Phoenix or AMRAAM with a third stage booster. Jesus, doesn't anyone in procurement know how to read a map?
delusions of comptence are only funny when anyone believes them

weemadando

#3835 Post by weemadando »

Count Chocula wrote:Uhh the Aussies are buying the F-35. Bad move on their part IMO; those waters are pretty big for single engine Thuds stealthish attack jets to patrol.
Man, if only nearly all of our procurement feedback had said that twin engines would be an excellent operational and safety asset.

xon

#3836 Post by xon »

Stofsk wrote:ADF materiel procurement is a tragic lol 99 times out of 100
When the hell does that mythical 1 out of 100 chance that it's not an epic clusterfuck come from ?

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#3837 Post by starku »

when they ditched the m16

weemadando

#3838 Post by weemadando »

Huon class is pretty capable too apparently.

weemadando

#3839 Post by weemadando »

Sing me out Freddie, I'm done with this shit.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#3840 Post by Count Chocula »

ausairpower.net is a conspiracy site therfore not to be believed with all of the facts there right?!?! Australia can easily afford $140 mil apiece for fighter bombers!

Ohma

#3841 Post by Ohma »

Stofsk wrote:lol i did the same but i wasn't willing to cut back on so many of the benefits, so my budget ended up being 1.1 trillion

but shit like cancel the F35 because FUCK YOU or 'lol reduce our carrier fleet by 1' is stuff i can totally get behind

but then i am not american :V
bu-bu-bu-belkans

lasorplanes

mirvs!

8U

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#3842 Post by Darth Fanboy »

OK so I know some of you guys like trolling Alyrium, and let's face it he gets bugfuck crazier every year and its easy and the guy deserves it somewhat.

But singling him out for being a misanthrope in that case seems like BS coming from guys like Flagg, who just recenttly posed he would like to break a guy's thumbs over an Ebay purchase. Or Oni who admits to sitting around moping, whining and doing nothing about political problems in his home state. Coffee is at least consistent.

I mean the irony here is that some of yinz want to sit back and crucify the guy for being a heartless fuck, but he obviously has no real fucking life and you single him out for that shit and its like telling a guy to fuck off for smelling like shit with your head facefirst in a bowlful of assholes.

And yeah I admit it is hard for me not to share his opinion because im also really strongly against poaching but I doont want anyone to goddamn die over it unlike him, but im not going to chuckle over a guy being eaten by a damn shark. Now if the shark had been the intended target, the irony would have been too much not to.

Djinnkitty83

#3843 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Or Oni who admits to sitting around moping, whining and doing nothing about political problems in his home state.
What?

Even if that were true, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? The Flagg comparison I can totally understand, but how does "Not being politically pro-active" = "Wishes/enjoys others' pain and death"?

Zod
perkele

#3844 Post by Zod »

Darth Fanboy wrote:OK so I know some of you guys like trolling Alyrium, and let's face it he gets bugfuck crazier every year and its easy and the guy deserves it somewhat.

But singling him out for being a misanthrope in that case seems like BS coming from guys like Flagg, who just recenttly posed he would like to break a guy's thumbs over an Ebay purchase. Or Oni who admits to sitting around moping, whining and doing nothing about political problems in his home state. Coffee is at least consistent.

I mean the irony here is that some of yinz want to sit back and crucify the guy for being a heartless fuck, but he obviously has no real fucking life and you single him out for that shit and its like telling a guy to fuck off for smelling like shit with your head facefirst in a bowlful of assholes.

And yeah I admit it is hard for me not to share his opinion because im also really strongly against poaching but I doont want anyone to goddamn die over it unlike him, but im not going to chuckle over a guy being eaten by a damn shark. Now if the shark had been the intended target, the irony would have been too much not to.
the difference between flagg and aly is that flagg's just doing it for the attention, so it's easy to just ignore him

weemadando

#3845 Post by weemadando »

And I'm just doing it because dealing with/creating internet drama is WAY preferable to having to put up with current real life dramas that I have no influence over at all.

AAAAAH. Coping mechanisms.

Flagg

#3846 Post by Flagg »

Darth Fanboy wrote:OK so I know some of you guys like trolling Alyrium, and let's face it he gets bugfuck crazier every year and its easy and the guy deserves it somewhat.

I actually want to murder the guy over the Ebay thing. But I have anger issues. And yeah, if the shark had been the target it would be funny as balls. But no, I'm actually disturbed over someone taking glee in a freak occurrence causing horrible death to some poor African trying to feed his family. Especially coming from a guy who lambasted Chards for killing a mindless reptile that could have injured his son.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darth Fanboy

#3847 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Im not saying that you're wrong but it just comes off as a pretty lame troll rather than any genuine concern especially considering if we replace the dead guy with some one from a group you dislike or if the comment had been by a poster you didn't loathe, or if Wong didn't get involved it wouldn't have got to this point. I am not against your vendettas, but the execution is rather weak here.

I honestly sometimes think AD is turning into the next Yosemite Bear, onlymore self absorbed.

Flagg

#3848 Post by Flagg »

Hey, if only that poor Amazonian girl had had a boat she wouldn't have been tied to a tree and burned alive. What a stupid bitch, her death is funny to me! :v
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#3849 Post by adr-admin »

i haven't seen thanas around for a while

Darth Fanboy

#3850 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Or Oni who admits to sitting around moping, whining and doing nothing about political problems in his home state.
What?

Even if that were true, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? The Flagg comparison I can totally understand, but how does "Not being politically pro-active" = "Wishes/enjoys others' pain and death"?
Back during the protests in Wisconsin, you were pretty much "Oh why bother nothing changes im going to stay inside and rewrite twilight again" or some shit and it was ludicrously depressing because it was more emo defeatist nonsense. 99% of the time you are this interesting dude with posts worth reading but you are exactly like AD sometimes with the sob story shit when the world doesn't work the way you want it too. And that's cool, I don't knock you for that, but its goddamn hypocritical for you to shit on other people for doing it. I don't think Alyrium wactually wants to see people die wholesale but he has been a part of SDN so long he thinks he can say whatever he wants for his own entertainment so long as he thinks most people agree with the sentiment. Just like back in the olden times (read: now).