videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#401 Post by joviwan »

Halo 4's story is the best entry in the core series, except for maybe the Arbiter's story in Halo 2.

The best actual halo story is ODST though

Losonti Tokash

#402 Post by Losonti Tokash »

uraniun235 wrote:I think I'm going to get sucked into Simcity 4.
join ussssss

RogueIce
#YOLO

#403 Post by RogueIce »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
uraniun235 wrote:I think I'm going to get sucked into Simcity 4.
join ussssss

Oxymoron

#404 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#405 Post by RogueIce »

So FF7 on Steam. Been there awhile actually but only saw a thread about it on SB today.

Apparently it's just the 98 PC port (which had shitty music) updated a little, but with some extra Square DRM and achievements (whoo hoo) and apparently cheats for some reason.

Meh. Don't get me wrong, I love that game and it's easily tied with FF6 as my favorite overall* but that just sounds so underwhelming to me. Now if they ever did an actual PS3 or (heaven help me I would jizz so hard) PS4 updated version, keeping the gameplay but giving us full orchestral music and HD graphics I would be all over that, selling my kidney on the black market if need be (okay not really). But this is pretty meh.

*Oh and before we get into the "which FF game is the best" argument (which is fun and we should totes do but probably in a separate thread) I suppose I should qualify this statement with the fact that FF6 and 7 are the only two I've ever played close to completion. And I say close to completion because I've never actually gone through and tackled the final dungeon and boss of an FF game, as I get too wrapped up in other things and try to sandbox something that wasn't meant as a sandbox. Anyway the only other FF games (of the main series, at least) I've played were 4 (which I dropped somewhere around the point Cecil becomes a paladin), 8 (which I dropped shortly after disc 1 of 4) and 12 (I never even made it out of the starting city so yeah). Thus FF6/7 being at the top of my list isn't really much to write home about because they're the ones I actually played for reals. Though given I lacked the interest to go very far in the others also should say something, I suppose.

evilsoup

#406 Post by evilsoup »

lol does anyone remember when Square did an updated version of the opening of FF7 around the release of the PS3?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#407 Post by RogueIce »

Yep. I was very sad when it was only a tech demo.

Manus Dei

#408 Post by Manus Dei »

To be honest if I ever wanted to play FFVII again I'd just sling the PSX discs into my PC and play them through an emulator. You can actually get some pretty impressive graphical enchancements through modern emulator programs, though that's of little help for FFVII's low poly models.

IIRC FFIX benefits noticably from this, as a great deal of the textures are actually a higher resolution than the PSX can display, so when you push it to a higher resolution in an emulator you get a lot more detail. Crazy!
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Oxymoron

#409 Post by Oxymoron »

You know what I hate ? When MMOs suddenly drop on you an half-gigabyte update.

Goddamn World of Tanks... Every fucking update it's the same kind of monstrously oversized patch they throw on us.
No.

Flagg

#410 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:lol does anyone remember when Square did an updated version of the opening of FF7 around the release of the PS3?
Biggest case of fucking false advertising ever.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#411 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah totally. I know people who are still wondering when the remake is going to come out.

Darksi4190

#412 Post by Darksi4190 »

Quick question. Has anyone tried the Pacific Rim XBLA game yet? I just saw the movie and thought it was awesome, so i'd like to give it a shot, but a lot of the review are negative.

evilsoup

#413 Post by evilsoup »

movie tie-in video games...

Darksi4190

#414 Post by Darksi4190 »

yeah yeah I know the drill, but I've actually enjoyed a few so i'm willing to try them out if someone I know also liked them.

Losonti Tokash

#415 Post by Losonti Tokash »

then go try it

edit: i was not impressed

RogueIce
#YOLO

#416 Post by RogueIce »

evilsoup wrote:movie tie-in video games...
Spiderman 2 on the PS2 was pretty awesome, I thought.

Darksi4190

#417 Post by Darksi4190 »

Losonti Tokash wrote:then go try it

edit: i was not impressed
It must've been very disappointing to not even be worth 10$.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#418 Post by RogueIce »

The good news:

I have basically liberated Western Europe, and pushed Germany back to their prewar borders and am about to invade the Fatherland.

The bad news:

I'm about to lose India. :(

Also Australia is kind of screwed. :australia:
On the up side, it looks like the US is actually helping to retake Aussieland, so there's that. God bless the USA. :america:

So yeah, despite my ineptitude at getting the BEF wiped out at the start of the war, I've handled the European Theater pretty well. The Pacific is something of a fustercluck, though.

Oxymoron

#419 Post by Oxymoron »

So apparently the new Shadowrun game is out, and there's a Space Hulk game on the way.

Videogames : running on nostalgia since the early 2000's
No.

Darksi4190

#420 Post by Darksi4190 »

There's also an EPIC 40,000 game coming out as well, so throw nostalgia for Final Liberation onto the list.

weemadando

#421 Post by weemadando »

I'm actually liking what little I've played of the Shadowrun game. The art is lovely for the price and the writing has been good, if not stellar. I'll be interested to see how much wiggle room I have on missions, playing as a charisma based character. Let me talk my way around the combats.

Oxymoron

#422 Post by Oxymoron »

I think some people here might like listening to what this guy has to say : http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBtongue
No.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#423 Post by Bakustra »

i just played the original victoria as belgium. after the london treaty, the game played itself, with a 75%-90% liberal population. all i did was split pops to try and fill up the factroys my capitalists built. oh and i partitioned morocco with france because i still didn't have the ability to colonize the congo in 1895. no screenshots because really

edit: also, the capitalist bug was in full effect with france lol

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#424 Post by RyanThunder »

So these guys wrote a third party addon with dozens of new weapons and mechs for MechWarrior 4, yet I can't find any means whatsoever to merely edit the game myself.

Like fuck, I can't even find the autocannons, much less make them fire like actual autocannons.

Darksi4190

#425 Post by Darksi4190 »

Is this a recent thing, or something old you managed to dredge up from the depths of the interwebs?