Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#426 Post by Aaron »

"Dear Aaron,

This afternoon I met with Renfrew County farmers at the weekly livestock auction at the Cobden Sale Barn to find out first-hand the state of their industry.

On behalf of area livestock producers, I am pleased to thank residents for their continuing support of local farmers. The quality of the Canadian food supply chain is second to none, both here at home and around the world. That is as true today as it will be next week or next year.

This summer, in addition to the regular challenges farmers face, we have had to deal with extreme drought in parts of this county, and now a problem in a western Canadian meat packing plant. While I am confident that the Minister of Agriculture is working to resolve this situation as quickly as possible, consumer confidence is something that is earned, not given. Whatever needs to be fixed must happen immediately.

Canadians benefit from a strengthened food safety system from gate to plate with support from the Federal Government. Canadian farmers produce safe, high-quality food. A recent investment of over $415,000 to help the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) update its existing Trucking Food Safety Program to include the latest food safety standards, regulations, and practices is just one of the many ways we meet this goal.

These improvements reduce the risk of food contamination beyond the farm gate and give food processors, distributors, and retailers more confidence that their products are handled properly during transportation. A strong food safety system also reassures Canadians of the safety of their food, which in turn helps to boost the bottom lines of farmers.

When it comes to the safe preparation of food, nothing has changed. Always wash fresh vegetables and make sure any meat is properly cooked. It is common sense. The problem at an Alberta packing plant is being exploited by the political opposition in Ottawa in total disregard to the facts.

Just like the challenge we had in the livestock industry several years ago, I am confident that valley residents will stand behind our agricultural community.

Have a good night,

Cheryl"

Just got that in an email.

We are currently in the middle of a beef recall and it's at least the third in the last few years. But yes. The CPC is there for us!

What tools.

Flagg

#427 Post by Flagg »

Mad Cow disease isn't just fat women on their periods, it's serious business.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#428 Post by Phantasee »

Not mad cow, e coli.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Flagg

#429 Post by Flagg »

Phantasee wrote:Not mad cow, e coli.
I know, I wanted to make a bleeding fat woman joke.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#430 Post by Phantasee »

That's not cool.

Flagg

#431 Post by Flagg »

Phantasee wrote:That's not cool.
I'm a bad bad bad bad bad bad man. *smirk*
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#432 Post by RyanThunder »

Anti-lament: sure is nice to be appreciated.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#433 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

every inch of my body is in pain

i jogged with sandals, dumb idea

Gands

#434 Post by Gands »

At TKD today we were practicing kicks while using big shields. My partner was off centre and sent the shield into my groin.

Owie.

weemadando

#435 Post by weemadando »

Yeah, you've got to make sure you hold that pad right, otherwise you're still going to actually feel a kick. And often in unintended ways, like that.

Gands

#436 Post by Gands »

Yeah. I learned quickly.

Where I train has a new policy where they up the fee, but also allow more participation. I can try ju jitsu, judo, or MMA as well as TKD. Also, gym access.

Also, I own a sweatband now. I'm a sweatband guy.

The Spartan

#437 Post by The Spartan »

How the fuck do you go to your home stadium and be outnumbered by the opposing teams fans?! At least, that was the case in my section.

Worse, the Texans got their asses handed to them and it's hard to stay upbeat when you here constant, justified cheering all around you, for the other fucking team.

I knew we'd lose eventually and that's okay because it's better to do that, I think, than have the pressure of a perfect season, but it'd have been nice not to have been destroyed like that.

At home.

Surrounded by people cheering against you...

weemadando

#438 Post by weemadando »

Oh dude. Get yourself some judo. One of the most stylish, brilliant and real world effective of the traditional martial arts.

Straha
Lecturer

#439 Post by Straha »

Grad school woes. :?
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Gands

#440 Post by Gands »

weemadando wrote:Oh dude. Get yourself some judo. One of the most stylish, brilliant and real world effective of the traditional martial arts.
It'll all come down to timetabling around my job and uni.

Gands

#441 Post by Gands »

I met a producer from Fight Club today. He liked my writings and said he'd contact me about writing for AFTRS.

Weird day.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#442 Post by RyanThunder »

AFTRS?

Also, lucky you.

joviwan

#443 Post by joviwan »

So I'm repairing this printer that a student threw on the ground. All the panels came off, cables came undone, bits and pieces snapped off.

Now, though, I've more or less got it together, except there's still bits of the thing broken and fragged and stuff... but the printer still works.

So now I've got a scuffed, banged up printer that is missing bits, working otherwise fine. What did those bits even do????

Gands

#444 Post by Gands »

RyanThunder wrote:AFTRS?
The Australian Film, Television and Radio School. The guy I met was one of their department heads.
Also, lucky you.
Thanks. :)

weemadando

#445 Post by weemadando »

That seems like a sweet offer. Is it a professional position or an educational opportunity?

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#446 Post by Phantasee »

i had another great day of getting youth engaged

this time the premier remembered me

maybe one day she'll know my name

also got my buddy's third grade teacher's number, in front of him

that was awkward

and i met a nice woman who offered to forward my resume to anyone hiring accounting grads

like just cold offered, after asking what i studied

that was interesting

now i have to put together a resume ffffffuuuuuck

Gands

#447 Post by Gands »

weemadando wrote:That seems like a sweet offer. Is it a professional position or an educational opportunity?
I think he meant a professional offer.

That was the weird thing, he didn't use the same phrasing as when he was speaking to students. He spoke to them with the language of "Apply now!". With me it was like "You interested?"

Either way, I look forward to speaking with him again. it just came out of nowhere.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#448 Post by Darksi4190 »

Do any of you guys know if modern motherboards won't support windows XP or something? I've been using an old copy that I got on the cheap through school, and for some reason It won't load on my new computer. I just put everything together, and when I try to install windows it just bluescreens before it even loads. I can't really figure out what's going wrong. I tried installing it on to a new hard drive, and I also tried putting in an old hard drive with XP already loaded on it, neither works. It just goes straight to bluescreen after the loading screen.

Oxymoron

#449 Post by Oxymoron »

It's probably a problem with the copy of XP you're trying to install.
No.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#450 Post by Darksi4190 »

I don't think it's that. I've tried to boot it from the install disc, and from a Hard Drive that was installed on my previous comp without success. You're sure it isn't a compatibility issue? I might have to send some parts back to newegg and get replacements.