#427 Post by starku »

right up until he posts his terrible fanfic

but still top end of the bell curve i gyuess

Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Godammed SDN

#428 Post by Aaron »

Zod wrote:
Aaron wrote:Jesus, an Honour Harrington movie?
can't be any worse than the novels
I only read the first one iirc, which was ok. I hear it goes down significantly from there.

But penis ships, make the nerds happy.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#429 Post by RogueIce »

VF5SS wrote:wat

wat

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Yes. I fucking hate TFU for that.

TFU2 was even worse, story-wise. Never played the games, so dunno if entertainment will make up for it or not. But yeah.

Darth Vader gets captured by the Rebel Alliance at the end of TFU2, thanks to the mighty and awesome Starkiller. lolz

EDIT: And this is before ANH, mind you. I guess they were trying to redefine (yet again) that "first victory against the Galactic Empire" or something. I think. IIRC it's supposed to be Toprawa, but who knows.

Also, for added lolz: They were transferring him to Dantooine to hold him. You know, that place Leia uses as a decoy in the movie?

To be fair, the end of the game has Fett chasing after the ship holding Vader, so maybe they never got there. But if they did, man, Vader is the biggest dumbass in ANH if he didn't immediately call Leia's bluff there. Oh, and she's stupid for making it since it was her idea to hold him Dantooine. So basically the only way to not ruin ANH is for them to have had Vader escape before reaching the base. Otherwise...yeah.

Frankly, I place TFU on the same level as Traviss for "introducing stupid ass shit into the EU".
Last edited by RogueIce on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#430 Post by starku »

nerds hate new story because it is new??

RogueIce
#YOLO

#431 Post by RogueIce »

starku wrote:nerds hate new story because it is new??
Not really. It's just dumb. I mean really. Look at the edit I made expanding on the capture of Vader.

Seriously, that was just...bizarre. Fine, whatever, Starkiller is the Most Important Person Ever to the Rebellion (despite never being mentioned again, ever). Okay, standard EU garbage. But capturing Vader and holding him on Dantooine prior to ANH? Really?

Zod
perkele

#432 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:
Zod wrote:
Aaron wrote:Jesus, an Honour Harrington movie?
can't be any worse than the novels
I only read the first one iirc, which was ok. I hear it goes down significantly from there.

But penis ships, make the nerds happy.
i tried reading the first book but it was more like an infodump of stats than a book

RogueIce
#YOLO

#433 Post by RogueIce »

So kinda like reading TBOverse?

Veef

#434 Post by Veef »

it's just like

why does everything in star wars have to be important

even ice cream maker guy

Aaron
El Duderino

#435 Post by Aaron »

I maintain that he was rescuing his ice cream maker, fuck the EU.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#436 Post by RogueIce »

VF5SS wrote:it's just like

even ice cream maker guy
I dunno. One thing I will say about that tendency though.

I remember they gave backstory to that "Y-head corvette" that Robert Brown "discovered" (I put in quotes because he may have been the first to notice, I honestly don't know) and tied it in with that General guy from Black Fleet Crisis. Oh and it like killed two Star Destroyers single-handedly or something. I could be misremembering that last part, though.

Anyway, point is it was a lame made up backstory submitted by some jerkoff fan that LFL went and made canon. And I wish I could be there when/if Mister Brown ever sees that, and hopefully his reaction would be hella lolz at how his "discovery" got utterly raped with a backstory that would fit in with some of the lamest of the crap the EU has given us.
Aaron wrote:I maintain that he was rescuing his ice cream maker, fuck the EU.
Ice cream is serious business in the GFFA.

I just think it's funny that guy actually got an action figure. Unless it was a joke product somebody made and posted on the Internet.

Zod
perkele

#437 Post by Zod »

even ice cream maker guy
look yoda's bowel movements are very important for the balance of the force okay

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#438 Post by starku »

RogueIce wrote:
starku wrote:nerds hate new story because it is new??
Not really. It's just dumb. I mean really. Look at the edit I made expanding on the capture of Vader.

Seriously, that was just...bizarre. Fine, whatever, Starkiller is the Most Important Person Ever to the Rebellion (despite never being mentioned again, ever). Okay, standard EU garbage. But capturing Vader and holding him on Dantooine prior to ANH? Really?
are you seriously saying you didn't know it's an alternate universe

like seriously you played the whole game and thought it fitted in with the movies

are you 100% serious

Veef

#439 Post by Veef »

does it have the infinities label

if not then canon

Aaron
El Duderino

#440 Post by Aaron »

Look man, non of that shit matters, cause Lucas can come in and squish it when he wants. The canon system is bullshit and useless.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#441 Post by Bakustra »

lol
TheHammer wrote:If the details are accurate - that this was a plot to blow up a restaurant on American soil, and if they actually have hard evidence the government of Iran is behind this, I would suggest something a bit stronger than "sanctions". Maybe sinking half their navy and destroying what airforce they have will teach them the appropriate lesson...
what a political genius

edit: also i am a bbcode genius
Last edited by Bakustra on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#442 Post by adr-admin »

i was arguing with some friends last night (well kinda trolling irl actually) but i was saying

AL QUAEYDA has done more POLITICAL CHANGE in america recently than any protest has

so if the occupy wall street fellers want to be listened to they should be blowing shit up and killing ppl

basically what i'm saying is violence is always the answer regardless of the question

Flagg

#443 Post by Flagg »

Yeah he's fucking brilliant. :lol:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#444 Post by Flagg »

adr wrote:i was arguing with some friends last night (well kinda trolling irl actually) but i was saying

AL QUAEYDA has done more POLITICAL CHANGE in america recently than any protest has

so if the occupy wall street fellers want to be listened to they should be blowing shit up and killing ppl

basically what i'm saying is violence is always the answer regardless of the question
Targeted assassinations of bankers and ceo's would work better. [/hpca]
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#445 Post by adr-admin »

the tpm thread among others make me believe that a lot of people have a hard time seeing even just slightly abstract patterns

Civil War Man

#446 Post by Civil War Man »

even ice cream maker guy
Not too long ago, a few of my friends were talking about EVE Online.

Apparently some of them like to do pirate hunting, and were trying to come up with a good name for a decoy vessel to draw them out.

Obviously names like the USS Ackbar or the Kobayashi Maru were way too obvious.

And then someone said "What about that guy who told Ackbar about the enemy ships? What's his name?"

I cracked open Wookiepedia on my phone and looked it up. The guy's name is apparently Verrack.

I guess you could say that it's okay if he has a name. He's more important than ice cream maker guy, since he has a line of dialog and works on the bridge with Ackbar.

But still, why bother?

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#447 Post by Bakustra »

Got to have a name when you've got a card, and you've got to have a card because they've got to have enough character cards available to compete with Magic for their CCG. Really, like 90% of the really dumb stuff like this comes from the needs of a game or toy.

Aaron
El Duderino

#448 Post by Aaron »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:lol
TheHammer wrote:If the details are accurate - that this was a plot to blow up a restaurant on American soil, and if they actually have hard evidence the government of Iran is behind this, I would suggest something a bit stronger than "sanctions". Maybe sinking half their navy and destroying what airforce they have will teach them the appropriate lesson...
what a political genius

edit: also i am a bbcode genius
Brilliant! Then Iran can retaliate against American bases in Iraq, via all those missiles they own. Prompting America into another war Freedom Export.

Veef

#449 Post by Veef »

the TPM thread taught me that when your movie has really ineffectual, weak villains it's kind of shit

Flagg

#450 Post by Flagg »

TPM itself taught me that SW fans will lie to themselves about racist stereotypes being used for comedy.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine