looks like the side of a tablet

post a picture of that guitar though i am digging the colors

Agent Bert Macklin

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#477 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Losonti Tokash wrote:looks like the side of a tablet

It's missing a string and is dirty.

I should have clarified. Does anyone know what those four circular things are?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#478 Post by RogueIce »

Knubble tov wrote:I should have clarified. Does anyone know what those four circular things are?
Just looks like an odd bit of decoration, unless they light up. But I'm guessing you'd have noticed the latter.

Zod
perkele

#479 Post by Zod »

Knubble tov wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:looks like the side of a tablet

It's missing a string and is dirty.

I should have clarified. Does anyone know what those four circular things are?
It could just be related to how they manufacture the tablet if they're using cheap machinery. But without knowing the model it's hard to say.

Agent Bert Macklin

#480 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:It could just be related to how they manufacture the tablet if they're using cheap machinery. But without knowing the model it's hard to say.
It's the Nexus 7.

Zod
perkele

#481 Post by Zod »

Knubble tov wrote:
Zod wrote:It could just be related to how they manufacture the tablet if they're using cheap machinery. But without knowing the model it's hard to say.
It's the Nexus 7.
1 minute of Googling later, they seem to be pogo contacts for plugging it into a dock. http://www.itproportal.com/2012/07/24/a ... to-launch/

RogueIce
#YOLO

#482 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:
Knubble tov wrote:
It's the Nexus 7.
1 minute of Googling later, they seem to be pogo contacts for plugging it into a dock. http://www.itproportal.com/2012/07/24/a ... to-launch/
Damn you, beat me to the answer. :argh:

But yeah. Found another site talking about them being connectors for a dock so... Image

adr-admin
Site Admin

#483 Post by adr-admin »

Aaron wrote:Man, do you know how a guerrilla war works, or are you high on yourself again.
do you know why militaries do things like blowing up the enemy's ammo dumps? when you deny the other side their weapons, it helps to tip things in your direction, guerrilla war or conventional war doesn't matter, the weaker the opponent, the better off you are

someone who believes in violent overthrow of tyranny should be at least as concerned about weakening his enemy (the government) as in strengthening himself, as this will achieve the balance of power they seek. it's the only way to match raw firepower, since surely you will agree that private citizens will never be able to match the army or even the police in going bigger and deadlier

but while you very often hear about repealing gun control bills, you very rarely hear any of them considering the other side of the equation. i'd say "ok you want to ban some weapons, i'll support it only if it applies to the government [law enforcement and military] too". that would be consistent with the guns vs tyranny angle because you'd get some balance

of course gun control isn't really about fighting tyranny at all, is it

Aaron
El Duderino

#484 Post by Aaron »

Knubble tov wrote:
It's the Nexus 7.
Should have got a Nexus 6, more human then human is what I hear.

Aaron
El Duderino

#485 Post by Aaron »

adr wrote:
Aaron wrote:Man, do you know how a guerrilla war works, or are you high on yourself again.
do you know why militaries do things like blowing up the enemy's ammo dumps? when you deny the other side their weapons, it helps to tip things in your direction, guerrilla war or conventional war doesn't matter, the weaker the opponent, the better off you are

someone who believes in violent overthrow of tyranny should be at least as concerned about weakening his enemy (the government) as in strengthening himself, as this will achieve the balance of power they seek. it's the only way to match raw firepower, since surely you will agree that private citizens will never be able to match the army or even the police in going bigger and deadlier

but while you very often hear about repealing gun control bills, you very rarely hear any of them considering the other side of the equation. i'd say "ok you want to ban some weapons, i'll support it only if it applies to the government [law enforcement and military] too". that would be consistent with the guns vs tyranny angle because you'd get some balance

of course gun control isn't really about fighting tyranny at all, is it
No man, I'm thinking that those with the guns set ambushes, harrass etc while a non violent movement presents a friendly face to negotiate.

But...in the US, the gun owners are typically on the facist side. So fuck knows what their on about.

But yeah, its not about lowering crime or anything like that. At best its like security theatre.

Agent Bert Macklin

#486 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:
Knubble tov wrote:
It's the Nexus 7.
Thanks, dood.

I wish Google would get off their ass and release their case. I just bought a sleeve to tie me over.

Aaron
El Duderino

#487 Post by Aaron »

Yo adam, sorry about the tone. Usually when someone mentions "assault rifles" it means their either lying or parroting lies.

Jumped the gun a bit.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#488 Post by adr-admin »

no prob

adr-admin
Site Admin

#489 Post by adr-admin »

Aaron wrote:Jumped the gun a bit.
hehe pun!

Aaron
El Duderino

#490 Post by Aaron »

:brah: A terrible one at that.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#491 Post by RogueIce »

adr wrote:but while you very often hear about repealing gun control bills, you very rarely hear any of them considering the other side of the equation. i'd say "ok you want to ban some weapons, i'll support it only if it applies to the government [law enforcement and military] too". that would be consistent with the guns vs tyranny angle because you'd get some balance
I think you got that one backwards, sport.

You see, in the "guns against tyranny" model, the Pro-Ban (anti-gun) people would want a stronger police and military, because they want to trample rights you see.

Whereas the Anti-Ban (pro-gun) people should therefore want the weakened police/military because it helps when The Revolution is finally upon us.

Except in your earlier musings reducing guns to military/police would hurt the pro-gun people because gun makers would produce less and they'd be less prepared for the coming war. Also a fair number of cops and soldiers would tend to be fairly pro-gun themselves. :psyduck:

But yeah, good thing it's not about "fighting tyranny" on either side, except for the weird fringe groups.

Aaron
El Duderino

#492 Post by Aaron »

Lol, already illegal. Hence "bump fire" stocks.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#493 Post by Phantasee »

it's more like

they probably planned or wanted to buy a gun eventually

but never got around to it

and it's kinda like, you dont know what you've got til it's gone

and when it looks like they might not be able to do that in the near future, they decide to act on that plan now rather than some indeterminate point in the future

i don't know why that makes them assholes, it just makes them rational
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#494 Post by Phantasee »

uhhhh that was kinda sorta directed at ryan
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr-admin
Site Admin

#495 Post by adr-admin »

i'm super tired today

slept pretty well last night. i'm used to having the dog around now; her night eating didn't wake me and so on (though i give her back tomorrow)

but i guess sleeping poorly the previous nights left me in debt

Aaron
El Duderino

#496 Post by Aaron »

Oh god, my wifes cousin is in jail for hitting his girlfriend. Family drama engaged!

Aaron
El Duderino

#497 Post by Aaron »

And he's been charged for it before! Peace bond is in place, wow. What a fucking gong show.

Oxymoron

#498 Post by Oxymoron »

what is "peace bond" ?
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#499 Post by Aaron »

Restraining order.

Oxymoron

#500 Post by Oxymoron »

I see.

Never experienced family drama like that, but I suppose it must feel like being in the blast radius of an exploding septic tank cleaner truck.

My sympathies.
No.