Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
evilsoup

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#526 Post by evilsoup »

Like when amazingatheist was featured on stfuconservatives and had a meltdown because he's not CONSERVATIVE he HATES republicans
link pls that sounds hilarious

Jung

#527 Post by Jung »

evilsoup wrote:link pls that sounds hilarious
It's in Oxymoron's post.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#528 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Wait was it I thought Oxy's was about the current thing where his videos being taken down for hate speech has caused him to have a literal meltdown rather than just the tantrum I was talking about.

I'll try to find the post but I make no promises

Oxymoron

#529 Post by Oxymoron »

I just linked the article that IB re-blogged on her Tumblr :v
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#530 Post by RyanThunder »

Oxymoron wrote:Seems like the Russians played their hands well.
What do you mean by this?

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#531 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Speaking of my tumblr if any of you are the new people following me send me an ask so I know who the hell is who

Oxymoron

#532 Post by Oxymoron »

RyanThunder wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Seems like the Russians played their hands well.
What do you mean by this?
If you take a step back, the fact that the US, and by the extension the "Western World", has been heavily involved in the Middle East since the end of the Cold War ; has made it so that the US and the Western World could afford less resources mingling into Russian affairs.

Since 9/11, the US have been stretching themselves fighting one and then two wars of occupation in the region, while Russia could rebuild its forces, economically and militarily. They've also had an easier time influencing their sphere of influence than if the US had been free to focus its attention on them.

While the US is focused on fighting wars here and there, Russia can concentrate on its own business with minimal fears of US involvement.

Basically, Russia has heavy interests in keeping the US focused elsewhere than on itself, as it is, with China and maybe Brazil, the only power with the potential to be a rival to the United States.
No.

Oxymoron

#533 Post by Oxymoron »

Down the rabbit hole we go

Person #1 wrote:
Person #2 wrote:
Me wrote:
Person #1 wrote:
Me wrote:[re Men's Rights Activists and fathers rights in case of divorces, mothers being often favored] You know, it's kind of funny that these people are so accustomed to things being in favor of men, that when they stumble upon the few cases when it's women who are favored, they completely lose their shit. It's... inspiring.
Well society is slowly becoming a matriachy, at least in the usa. The reason is simple, if it's legal to pay women less money with minimum wage then of course companies are going to try and be cheap and hire more and more women.

Irony: When a idiot government makes it legal to pay women less causes companies to hire women more resulting in more power for women.
I'm not sure I follow your line of thought here... How exactly is the US turning into a matriarchy ?
It's not. It's slowly but surely on its way to de facto equality rather than merely de jure equality, but women aren't really favored in the workplace.

Although, as many can attest, at least around here, there are workplaces that, in their attempts to keep their workforce "diverse", will be less likely to hire Caucasians or males than they will minorities or females, even if an applicant in the former categories is a fair degree more qualified.

As tempting as it is to say "White males have had it made since this country was founded. You're complaining now because you aren't favored?", we have to keep things in perspective--the current generation of white people never enslaved anyone. The current generation of black people was never enslaved. Punishment or favoritism in response to crimes or injustices of one's ancestors is bad. and wrong. and bad.
It depends on which workforce you are talking about. Most skilled jobs it is going towards a de facto equality like you said, but unskilled jobs and companies that are cheap tend to give hiring preference towards woman to save money. Companies like walmart hire the elderly, the working poor, minorities, people without higher education, and women not cause they support equality or bettering living standards, but cause they're cheap and want to save money. If you are poor, a minority, didn't go to college, and a woman yes they will hire you like no tomorrow cause they want to hire cheap labor and never have to raise your pay. Also yes this is true about walmart, I have worked for walmart and who they consider to hire is extremely fucked up. If that isn't a kick in the groin for people that support equal pay you should hear their views on the handicap. If you are handicapped applying for walmart sweet lord do you get jumped to the top of the list cause in many states it's legal to pay you less than minimum wage.

Walmart isn't as bad when it came to this as they used to be fortunately cause most people aren't scumbags, but there are plenty of walmart managers still who go, "Wait?! We have a poor minority woman who didn't go to college and has a handicap that doesn't interfere physically with the amount of work they can do?! HIRE THEM SO WE NEVER HAVE TO PAY THEM MORE THAN MINIMUM WAGE!", and yes I did run into a manager like this and he was a total scumbag that made the other managers want to punch his face in the face for being such a scumbag to other people.

Walmart has been cutting down on assholes like these doing the hiring process, cause they're a equal oppurtunity employers, but unfortunately there are still sleezeballs like those in the world.
A few valid points are raised (wages inequality), but seriously ? Who in their right minds would argue that the US is turning into a matriarchy ? I don't even...
No.

evilsoup

#534 Post by evilsoup »

If you are handicapped applying for walmart sweet lord do you get jumped to the top of the list cause in many states it's legal to pay you less than minimum wage.
what the actual christ? I refuse to believe this is true. Not even in America.

Oxymoron

#535 Post by Oxymoron »

Actually, I think it may be true even in France...
No.

evilsoup

#536 Post by evilsoup »

I'm sure that isn't the case, it would run afoul of discrimination laws

Oxymoron

#537 Post by Oxymoron »

The funny thing is

In France it would be because the "insertion" jobs, aiming at helping these people find their place in the world of employment, are often part-time or some other shit that make it so that the end result is them touching less than minimum wage at the end of the month.

Put in simpler terms : the kind of contracts offered to them to try to help them against possible discrimination end up having them being paid less.
No.

evilsoup

#538 Post by evilsoup »

ahh this might just be a cultural thing, when I say minimum wage I'm referring to the minimum hourly rate

Agent Bert Macklin

#539 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Do any of you non-Americans have labor laws that allow employers to fire you for any reason as long as you can't prove them discriminatory? I'm thinking specifically of "At Will Employment": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

I ask because a fantastic question was posed to me: how will I deal with Crohns Disease and teaching if I have to keep missing work and need surgery again?

evilsoup

#540 Post by evilsoup »

I know that over here we have specific protections about that kind of thing -- firing someone because they need treatments for an illness would count as discrimination, an employer would be obliged to give you the time off (of course take that with the standard internet caveats, I'm not a lawyer etc)

Jung

#541 Post by Jung »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Wait was it I thought Oxy's was about the current thing where his videos being taken down for hate speech has caused him to have a literal meltdown rather than just the tantrum I was talking about.

I'll try to find the post but I make no promises
Never mind, I just realized I misread evilsoup's post.

evilsoup

#542 Post by evilsoup »

that's ok though, the link in oxy's post was... actually I don't think I know a single word that covers 'creepy' and 'hilarious' at the same time, but it was worth reading anyway

Oxymoron

#543 Post by Oxymoron »

Creeparious ? :fukyu:
No.

Veef

#544 Post by Veef »

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#545 Post by Darksi4190 »

lolwut.

As batman, really? Him?

Darksi4190

#546 Post by Darksi4190 »

Ok, well that's weird. I was getting a sort of "squealing noise" from the headset i'm using with my computer. I tried another headset and no audible noise, and then I plugged the first headset into the back audio slots instead of the front panel ones, and also no noise.

I wonder what it could be.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#547 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Probably both the front headphone slot and your headset's plugin are going a bit so that if you combine the two it gets signal loss? Have you tried wiggling it around a bunch in that front one to see if it'd help?

Actually wait are they wireless?

Veef

#548 Post by Veef »

Darksi4190 wrote:lolwut.

As batman, really? Him?
AND JAY LO IS BATGIRL

MATT DAMON IS BATWING

AND ROBIN WILLIAMS IS ALLLLLLLFREEEEEEEEEED

Darksi4190

#549 Post by Darksi4190 »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Probably both the front headphone slot and your headset's plugin are going a bit so that if you combine the two it gets signal loss? Have you tried wiggling it around a bunch in that front one to see if it'd help?

Actually wait are they wireless?
No they're wired. The headset is getting old, as that's what I initially thought the problem was, but this computer is only like a year old. If shit's starting to break i'm going to be pissed.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#550 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

My laptop's less than a year old and the headphone jack is already broken. It happens.

If all else fails, USB headphone jacks are cheap as hell.