Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RedImperator

Re: Godammed SDN

#5626 Post by RedImperator »

adr wrote:red is the green name corrupting you

?
After all these years complaining about shitposters on SDN, I can finally do something about it.

I'm trying to be fair. I think Simon_Jester made an abominable argument in the abortion thread, but I know Simon_Jester is trying so I went easy on him. Baffalo, on the other hand...

Veef

#5627 Post by Veef »

man them white supremacists are mean

imma use my japanese laser sword

vrooosh!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5628 Post by adr-admin »

RedImperator wrote:Baffalo, on the other hand...
oh yeah i lol'd

speaking of which i think microsoft actualyl does make money of win 3.1 still, believe it or not

extended service contracts

another thing is you can get it i think through msdn

one guy i worked with cited that as something he liked about the msdn subscription

nostalgia

though he surely would have still bought it regardless

but meh i don't think he knows even the first thing about copyright

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5629 Post by adr-admin »

oh simon_jester

tbh i'm ok with him

i think he's wrong a lot, but i think he's willing to actually discuss things too

it is ok to be wrong and/or ignorant if you're willing to talk about it

it is being sincerely arrogant that annoys me. that's the #1 reason why i dislike alyrium so much. even when he's right... he's such an ass about it

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5630 Post by adr-admin »

so barack obama = gul dukat

the hammer said this:
Recognition of the fact that a President has to make tough decisions, often times balancing the lesser of two evils, is simply acceptance of reality. I happen to believe that there is a good reason for the Presidents actions because the alternative would be to believe that he is breaking his campaign promise for comic book super villain reasons. It would also be ignoring the fact that Obama has taken steps towards improving prisoner treament and closing the facility. Dealing with Gitmo is an extremely complicated situation, so excuse me if I cut the President a little slack and grant him a little patience in getting the job done.

you remember that episode "waltz" of ds9

sisko and dukat are crashed on some moon together

dukat is losing his mind too

but they two of them talk about the bajoran occupation

and dukat was like "i had to do it it was the will of the central command" and "i improved the conditions for the workers"

sry i just love star trek

a lot

sue me

Zod
perkele

#5631 Post by Zod »

Well shit I guess when Bush did all those awful human rights violations he had really good reasons too.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#5632 Post by Darth Fanboy »

adr wrote:oh simon_jester

tbh i'm ok with him

i think he's wrong a lot, but i think he's willing to actually discuss things too

it is ok to be wrong and/or ignorant if you're willing to talk about it

it is being sincerely arrogant that annoys me. that's the #1 reason why i dislike alyrium so much. even when he's right... he's such an ass about it

Simon Jester is Broomstick's understudy in case she ever goes away and the board is without the "obligatory parroting dipshit nothing to contribute except words someone else just said" motherfucker.

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#5633 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

simon is like a parrot who simply repeats everything someone else just said and contributes nothing to a thread, he's training up to replace broomstick if she ever disappears :v

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#5634 Post by starku »

ADR is passive who knew :v

Red i don't even know what to say to baffalo.... He is so wrong he can't even understand what anyone is talking about

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#5635 Post by Darth Fanboy »

I'd like to know how much stuff he pirates that he couldn't otherwise get vs. How much he pirated because he wanted free shit.

RedImperator

#5636 Post by RedImperator »

starku wrote:ADR is passive who knew :v

Red i don't even know what to say to baffalo.... He is so wrong he can't even understand what anyone is talking about
Occasionally I will be debating someone and he'll make a reply so off-the-wall wrong that I assume I must have missed something somewhere, and it takes me a while to get any mental traction for my reply. I imagine this is what routinely debating Baffalo is like.

I dunno guys I'm starting to think it might be possible to firehose N&P into semi-respectability. Probably just setting myself up for disappointment.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5637 Post by adr-admin »

starku wrote:ADR is passive who knew
you've heard of alpha-males right

introducing the OMEGA MALE

Zod
perkele

#5638 Post by Zod »

Darth Fanboy wrote:I'd like to know how much stuff he pirates that he couldn't otherwise get vs. How much he pirated because he wanted free shit.
what if we only pirate the shit out of one type of thing but buy everything else? :v

(well okay two types of things, but not one type of thing as much anymore)

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#5639 Post by starku »

adr wrote:
starku wrote:ADR is passive who knew
you've heard of alpha-males right

introducing the OMEGA MALE
I saw that movie
He had a lot of guns

Metatwaddle

#5640 Post by Metatwaddle »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Simon Jester is Broomstick's understudy in case she ever goes away and the board is without the "obligatory parroting dipshit nothing to contribute except words someone else just said" motherfucker.
wait what? i don't like broomstick, but repeating what other people have said is not her shtick

actually i don't know what her shtick is these days because her posts make my eyes glaze over

but i know from scrolling past her posts that she'll often post more than everyone else in the thread before her, combined, so if she's just parroting she's finding a way to lengthen what everyone else has said

i think her problem is being tl;dr about stuff no1curr about, and using a vaguely sanctimonious, lecturing tone. she's sort of like alyrium but more long-winded and less angry and aggressive

Zod
perkele

#5641 Post by Zod »

Metatwaddle wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Simon Jester is Broomstick's understudy in case she ever goes away and the board is without the "obligatory parroting dipshit nothing to contribute except words someone else just said" motherfucker.
wait what? i don't like broomstick, but repeating what other people have said is not her shtick

actually i don't know what her shtick is these days because her posts make my eyes glaze over

but i know from scrolling past her posts that she'll often post more than everyone else in the thread before her, combined, so if she's just parroting she's finding a way to lengthen what everyone else has said
sometimes that's exactly what she does

while pretending that what she said was completely original and not at all addressed by someone else earlier

Metatwaddle

#5642 Post by Metatwaddle »

my policy of not reading her posts is clearly paying off

i've harbored a grudge for her because i was in an abortion thread where she tried to wave around her first-wave feminist street cred and used gendered insults at me (cunt, etc.) in the same post

Aaron
El Duderino

#5643 Post by Aaron »

Metatwaddle wrote:

i think her problem is being tl;dr about stuff no1curr about, and using a vaguely sanctimonious, lecturing tone. she's sort of like alyrium but more long-winded and less angry and aggressive
She reminds me of a mom lecturing a teen, but the kid stopped listening.

Sorry, first wave feminism?

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#5644 Post by starku »

Is both
Shell come into a thread and lecture people on how knowledgable she is
Even if she isn't and she is just repeating what other people say

Frankly her need for validation in this way is painful to see

Zod
perkele

#5645 Post by Zod »

Metatwaddle wrote:my policy of not reading her posts is clearly paying off

i've harbored a long-standing dislike for her because i was in an abortion thread where she tried to wave around her first-wave feminist street cred and used gendered insults at me (cunt, etc.) in the same post
i've harbored a long standing dislike for her when she dismissed howedar in a NASA thread because he only had a BA in his field

and then she backed down once mike started saying the same thing everyone else was already saying :v

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#5646 Post by starku »

Don't make me bring up her claiming I wanted to torture her to death because I offered to run a guy through guild wars

Zod
perkele

#5647 Post by Zod »

starku wrote:Don't make me bring up her claiming I wanted to torture her to death because I offered to run a guy through guild wars
she said she didn't have to present evidence in a thread about file sharing once

that was an lol

Aaron
El Duderino

#5648 Post by Aaron »

Well, its not hard to see why. Honestly I have a long standing policy of not arguing with mods, it just makes things difficult and interferes with my laid back nature.

Wtf? She said that dan?

Metatwaddle

#5649 Post by Metatwaddle »

Aaron wrote:
Metatwaddle wrote:

She reminds me of a mom lecturing a teen, but the kid stopped listening.

Sorry, first wave feminism?
hmm scratch that, that'd be second wave. she said she'd been going to pro-choice rallies before roe v. wade, that sort of thing

i always thought first wave feminism was like betty friedan but wiki says it's actually more mary wollstonecraft and susan b. anthony

and the 60s/70s were second wave

Aaron
El Duderino

#5650 Post by Aaron »

I have no idea who those people are, to wikipedia!