Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Veef

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#576 Post by Veef »

evilsoup wrote:so I'm watching the silver surfer cartoon
it has a pretty good theme tune, but the animation is terrible lol
Thanos sounds like a crazy person -- and I mean, 'seriously disturbed' rather than 'moo hoo ha ha'. I hope they go with something similar in the movies
I remember he really liked to talk to his stone girlfriend about how great it would be if she wasn't a statue

Also, "TO ME, MY BOARD!"

Gands

#577 Post by Gands »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Thinking about SD.net again yeah I know anyway

So the thing about certain posters being given leeway so as to help keep some semblance of other perspectives going on in the political discussions, is that restricted only to Republicans? Because I'm thinking about how Saxtonite, who apparently was on thin ice due to sexism or something which is legit, didn't get any extra leeway despite bringing a very different perspective into the forum, one completely outside the existing virtual dichotomy between progressive vs conservative.

I'm sorry I'm just riled up by various things tonight and have PINIONS
Yeah, I spent a bit considering whether or not to post something like that in that discussion on his banning.

"The trick to being a racist on SDN is to be really popular first. Then you do it."

Gands

#578 Post by Gands »

adr wrote:we also watched "the expendables 2" and i got a few chuckles out of that. a king cobra bit chuck norris. you know how it ended. lol. that movie was ridiculous but i enjoyed it for what it was.
Those films are fantastic fun. I think I love the first one a little more than I otherwise would have because I had just sat through Inception.

evilsoup

#579 Post by evilsoup »

Veef wrote:
evilsoup wrote:so I'm watching the silver surfer cartoon
it has a pretty good theme tune, but the animation is terrible lol
Thanos sounds like a crazy person -- and I mean, 'seriously disturbed' rather than 'moo hoo ha ha'. I hope they go with something similar in the movies
I remember he really liked to talk to his stone girlfriend about how great it would be if she wasn't a statue

Also, "TO ME, MY BOARD!"
in the comics he's obsessed with the anthropomorphic personification of Death, but they changed it to 'Lady Chaos' for the cartoon
and yet they get away with him blowing up a tonne of planets :psyduck:

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#580 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Actually, I may have misread that last paragraph. On my second reading I'm seeing it as a criticism of current liberalism being a movement even more assimiliationist than many forms of conservatism, and I can get behind that.
I just saw this, and wondered what you meant by that ???

What is your general position, anyway? All I see are criticisms.

EDIT: Except for the gay/trans rights and feminism stuff, anyway.

Oxymoron

#581 Post by Oxymoron »

Just rewatched "Quest for Camelot". Well shoot... It was better in my memories.
No.

Bounty

#582 Post by Bounty »

I have spent an afternoon watching the first season of Titus. I saw it when it first aired here but it's taken a few years of growing up to really appreciate it.

What I didn't notice at the time is that it's made less like a sitcom and more like a play: the cast would rehearse for a week and then do the whole episode, in real time, on a single set, in front of a live audience, playing the 'inbetween' skits and flashbacks on monitors. It really makes it feel much more organic and fluent.

For those who don't know, it's a series based on Christopher Titus' dysfunctional family, and it's deliciously morbid at times but always really, really funny.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Flagg

#583 Post by Flagg »

Bounty wrote:I have spent an afternoon watching the first season of Titus. I saw it when it first aired here but it's taken a few years of growing up to really appreciate it.

What I didn't notice at the time is that it's made less like a sitcom and more like a play: the cast would rehearse for a week and then do the whole episode, in real time, on a single set, in front of a live audience, playing the 'inbetween' skits and flashbacks on monitors. It really makes it feel much more organic and fluent.

For those who don't know, it's a series based on Christopher Titus' dysfunctional family, and it's deliciously morbid at times but always really, really funny.
I loved that show. It was so fucking funny.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#584 Post by Big Orangutan »

Jung wrote:
Infinity Biscuit wrote:Check my recent posts in that other forum

yeah I know it's complaints about there but I tried to keep it vague blame jung it's all his fault
Oh, SDN? I hardly bother looking at it anymore.
When I give the place a quick rubber neck today, it made me want to rock and back forth angrily. Russia Today and the Daily Mail are better on my blood pressure.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Straha
Lecturer

#585 Post by Straha »

Dooey Jo wrote:holy shit i can't believe i've only gotten one mosquito bite this summer! my tactic of eating only stinky cheese so my skin and internal organs will gradually be composed of said substance must finally be paying off!
And all you had to give up was any chance of physical intimacy!

:riker:
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Dooey Jo

#586 Post by Dooey Jo »

worth it :sun:
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Flagg

#587 Post by Flagg »

Big Orangutan wrote:
Jung wrote:
Infinity Biscuit wrote:Check my recent posts in that other forum

yeah I know it's complaints about there but I tried to keep it vague blame jung it's all his fault
Oh, SDN? I hardly bother looking at it anymore.
When I give the place a quick rubber neck today, it made me want to rock and back forth angrily. Russia Today and the Daily Mail are better on my blood pressure.
I was tempted to go check out the reaction to Affleck Batman but that would be cruel.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

The Spartan

#588 Post by The Spartan »

Flagg wrote:
Bounty wrote:I have spent an afternoon watching the first season of Titus. I saw it when it first aired here but it's taken a few years of growing up to really appreciate it.*snip*
I loved that show. It was so fucking funny.
Stacy Keach was my favorite part of that show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wsY-L08q6q0

Bounty

#589 Post by Bounty »

Gotta give props to a show that milk a whole episode of comedy about a character trying to figure out if they're HIV positive.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#590 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Thinking about SD.net again yeah I know anyway

So the thing about certain posters being given leeway so as to help keep some semblance of other perspectives going on in the political discussions, is that restricted only to Republicans? Because I'm thinking about how Saxtonite, who apparently was on thin ice due to sexism or something which is legit, didn't get any extra leeway despite bringing a very different perspective into the forum, one completely outside the existing virtual dichotomy between progressive vs conservative.

I'm sorry I'm just riled up by various things tonight and have PINIONS
i like how thanas is, apparently, completely unable to believe that a white population of 3000 people on haiti could all have been complicit in slaveholding

not that the haitian massacres were a good thing, but still, that's a little funny

Oxymoron

#591 Post by Oxymoron »

Hum, what ?
No.

Flagg

#592 Post by Flagg »

Bounty wrote:Gotta give props to a show that milk a whole episode of comedy about a character trying to figure out if they're HIV positive.
Man it kinda fell apart in season 2 though.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#593 Post by Bakustra »

Oxymoron wrote:Hum, what ?
in one of the threads w/saxtonite, haiti came up because someone said black-run countries have been historically failures like haiti, and then thanas started talking about how haiti was horrible because of the massacres at the end of the revolution, and he wrote as part of that that he couldn't believe that the entire white population was complicit in abuses, which is funny because of how small it was. of course, they probably weren't all guilty enough for him to accept it, but this of course ignores that this was largely a reprisal for the brutality of the french generals and had to be directly enforced by the guy that came up with it. but that's not important when you're babbling about how black separatism is anti-white genocide.

Oxymoron

#594 Post by Oxymoron »

You know, this'll make me seem like one of these "reactionary progressive leftist", but I still have a hard time seeing separatism of any kind as a positive thing, unless we're talking about a case so edgy it could cut what remains of Thatcher's soul.
No.

Bakustra

#595 Post by Bakustra »

Oxymoron wrote:You know, this'll make me seem like one of these "reactionary progressive leftist", but I still have a hard time seeing separatism of any kind as a positive thing, unless we're talking about a case so edgy it could cut what remains of Thatcher's soul.
it really isn't from my perspective either, but hey, the grievances are legitimate, and it's pretty funny to see how people react to it.

Bakustra

#596 Post by Bakustra »

now we must all do penance:

Bob the Gunslinger

#597 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

What?

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#598 Post by Phantasee »

i'm flying to vancouver tonight to get a visa from the consulate on monday morning, then flying out to the old country tomorrow evening

~30 hours in transit

fuck, where my hypersonic jets at

better have a fucking plug in and/or wifi on the plane, i'll probably kill somebody being disconnected for 36+ hours (until I can get a SIM and back online)

gotta replace this handset at the apple store this afternoon too, lock button is broken

thank god i found my passport tho, shit was stressing me out last two days
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Flagg

#599 Post by Flagg »

I wanna watch Braveheart but Mel Gibson is such a ginormous cunt I can't. All I see is a nazzie when I watch anything with him in it.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#600 Post by Phantasee »

all i see is a patriot :america:
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid