Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#5801 Post by adr-admin »

i've been trying to stay away from flames

sometimes i can't resist but i try anyway

so friday i went to the bank

and on the way back somebody was rolling through a stop at the intersection in front of me

before deciding to put the hammer down and rush through

another close call

well i thought about angrily making an obscene gesture in that driver's general direction

but i decided not to

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#5802 Post by Darth Fanboy »

The intellecutal crucible strikes again in the thread about the Facebook Tough Love Parent Shoot Computer Guy.
SCRawl proving he is a moron wrote: He said that he was going to post the video on her Facebook page, so he'd have to have access to her account to do that. He said that he worked in IT, so it wouldn't shock me to find out that he had installed a keylogger on her laptop. As Thanas pointed out, he's a dick.
I don't even use facebook and I know you can post videos on other people's walls. But then I saw this
Dorkork wrote: Also glad to see that SD.net doesn't have a bunch of pseudo-macho people cheering him on as an awesome parent, unlike some of the other boards I frequent.
And I think its time to fan the flames :P

Because a bunch of pseudo macho people firing random potshots calling out a guys fitness as a parent with nothing to back up said insults other than fabricated bs and hasty judgment is completely different. Also, love the non-contributions being allowed to slide because they are part of the "consensus" totally worthwhile and very informative!

Darth Fanboy

#5803 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Zod
perkele

#5804 Post by Zod »

Aaron
El Duderino

#5805 Post by Aaron »

Whoops.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5806 Post by adr-admin »

Darth Fanboy wrote:The intellecutal crucible strikes again in the thread about the Facebook Tough Love Parent Shoot Computer Guy.
i'd say amazing

but it is really no surprise

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#5807 Post by Phantasee »

My dad took a hammer to my N64 when I was playing Zelda. I turned out just fine.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

RogueIce
#YOLO

#5808 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:oh hey, gun safety fodder. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46364173/ns ... zkd3-ScctV
First rule of gun safety: the gun is always loaded.

Second rule of gun safety: if the gun is unloaded, refer to rule number one.

Yup.

Zod
perkele

#5809 Post by Zod »

RogueIce wrote:
Zod wrote:oh hey, gun safety fodder. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46364173/ns ... zkd3-ScctV
First rule of gun safety: the gun is always loaded.

Second rule of gun safety: if the gun is unloaded, refer to rule number one.

Yup.
i think if we started charging every idiot who used the "i didn't know it was loaded" defense with negligent homicide you'd see the rate of accidents drop dramatically

Oxymoron

#5810 Post by Oxymoron »

Phantasee wrote:My dad took a hammer to my N64 when I was playing Zelda. I turned out just fine.
I don't aim to criticize, but if you have to violently destroy a piece of expensive electronic in order for your child to listen to you, there may be something wrong with your child-rearing methodology.

I have to add it may teach the wrong lesson to your child with regard to the way you can resolve your problems in life...

To be honest, I don't believe terror is an effective child-rearing tool. All examples I personally know of parents having tried this method can be considered a failure on multiple levels.

Not to say sometimes some Shock & Awe isn't needed, or that it can't be effective - just that it isn't a long-term solution...
No.

Zod
perkele

#5811 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:
Phantasee wrote:My dad took a hammer to my N64 when I was playing Zelda. I turned out just fine.
I don't aim to criticize, but if you have to violently destroy a piece of expensive electronic in order for your child to listen to you, there may be something wrong with your child-rearing methodology.

I have to add it may teach the wrong lesson to your child with regard to the way you can resolve your problems in life...

To be honest, I don't believe terror is an effective child-rearing tool. All examples I personally know of parents having tried this method can be considered a failure on multiple levels.

Not to say sometimes some Shock & Awe isn't needed, or that it can't be effective - just that it isn't a long-term solution...
my relatives tried using shock & awe on me and i turned into an atheist :v

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#5812 Post by Bakustra »

Oxy, I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting that the French intelligence services may be accustomed to causing mayhem and screwing people over. :v

Dooey Jo

#5813 Post by Dooey Jo »

i hear corruption had everything to do with greece's problems, and capitalism nothing

because corruption arises from magic and not from economic systems
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Oxymoron

#5814 Post by Oxymoron »

Zod wrote:my relatives tried using shock & awe on me and i turned into an atheist :v
No. No you can't "beat the fear of God into this child". All you will beat into him is to fear and despise you.

Christ, people...
Kustra, BA wrote:Oxy, I hope I didn't offend you by suggesting that the French intelligence services may be accustomed to causing mayhem and screwing people over. :v
Wut ? Where ? I don't really read N&P anymore...
No.

Zod
perkele

#5815 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:
Zod wrote:my relatives tried using shock & awe on me and i turned into an atheist :v
No. No you can't "beat the fear of God into this child". All you will beat into him is to fear and despise you.

Christ, people...
it was more verbal than physical

also destroying my D&D collection was a bit of a push

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#5816 Post by Bakustra »

greece thread

thanas asked what germany could do, and i suggested that they could have france have the dgse beat the shit out of the investors who hold greek debt until they agreed to forgive it
Dooey Jo wrote:i hear corruption had everything to do with greece's problems, and capitalism nothing

because corruption arises from magic and not from economic systems
well obviously

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5817 Post by adr-admin »

how a child faces the loss of a possession is at least as important as how they face having it

Oxymoron

#5818 Post by Oxymoron »

Kustra, BA wrote:greece thread

thanas asked what germany could do, and i suggested that they could have france have the dgse beat the shit out of the investors who hold greek debt until they agreed to forgive it
To be honest, I wouldn't have any qualm in giving the order myself.

But it's just that I tend to lack any kind of pity toward people who place their greed before the well-being of other people...
No.

Oxymoron

#5819 Post by Oxymoron »

adr wrote:how a child faces the loss of a possession is at least as important as how they face having it
Yep. In fact I believe you could have better results by just holding the possession hostage and negotiate for the child to do what you want him to do, giving him access to it when he do what you want. It's far more effective.

But what do I know about the subject, really ?
No.

Zod
perkele

#5820 Post by Zod »

adr wrote:how a child faces the loss of a possession is at least as important as how they face having it
well at the time i was 17 or 18.

Oxymoron

#5821 Post by Oxymoron »

So more or less the same thing than with the Facebook thingy : forcefully severing one of your child's link to his friends.

Somehow, this doesn't strikes me as a great idea... A great way to needlessly antagonize your child at least.
No.

Oxymoron

#5822 Post by Oxymoron »

^ Mang, this armchair is really comfortable. I think imma stay there for a little while...
No.

Zod
perkele

#5823 Post by Zod »

this is why we can't have nice things
spoken like a true unbeliever.... your death is actually life for Christians.

Darth Fanboy

#5824 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yeah it's not like she can talk to her friends at school or anything, how droll

adr-admin
Site Admin

#5825 Post by adr-admin »

Oxymoron wrote:Yep. In fact I believe you could have better results by just holding the possession hostage and negotiate for the child to do what you want him to do, giving him access to it when he do what you want. It's far more effective.
I don't know, children are pretty good negotiators and don't have any problem with lying.

What do you do when they make a deal, and then break their word anyway? It sounds like this guy tried temporarily taking it away, and she didn't care.