Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#601 Post by adr »

i have to beef up my custom forum for work today. needs moar moderation options

the client said "if we can't do that can we just install phpbb?"

and i'm like we could but god talk about being a pain in the ass. then i'll have to do plugins to match the registration, then they'll complain the user profiles don't sync, etc etc etc

and i betcha they won't even use 90% of phpbb's features

oh and then the inevitable questions will come. "can you add a like button? ...and tie it into the core app's scoring system?"

"i don't like how split works tweak it"

and so on. just like with the fucking Wordpress. gotta use Wordpress.... but gotta modify it to the point where it is barely recognizable

so yeah gotta add the stupid features to my custom solution
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

uraniun235

#602 Post by uraniun235 »

just don't become the next radium

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#603 Post by Darksi4190 »

I think the effexor withdrawl symptoms have finally passed. I still get a little disoriented every once and a while, but no more night sweats, headaches, or vomiting.

Aaron
El Duderino

#604 Post by Aaron »

Sounds like it. the wooblyness persisted for a while after the rest.

Darksi4190

#605 Post by Darksi4190 »

Well norton was surprisingly more helpful than I thought they'd be regarding switching my subscription from my laptop to my new desktop. Now I just have to download AVG or some other free AV program for my laptop and i'll be set.

joviwan

#606 Post by joviwan »

Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and superior to basically any paid service.

Darksi4190

#607 Post by Darksi4190 »

Ok, I know Gands and aaron have weaned off effexor before, so I have to ask. Did either of you have any weird emotional swings while you were getting off it? For some reason i'll either start laughing or crying for no reason whatsoever and it's kinda freaking me out.

Aaron
El Duderino

#608 Post by Aaron »

Yup.

Darksi4190

#609 Post by Darksi4190 »

Wonderful.

Aaron
El Duderino

#610 Post by Aaron »

What the f**k is it with immigrants in this country you go to a bar they show up buddy's getting married you by the guy is getting married a drink shoot the s**t with him then they accuse you of stealing their f***ing money maybe they should go back to where they came from. Or us white minority should holster six shooters like the old west and kill them all

A friend of mine for 15 years busted this out on facebook this morning. Kinda shocked.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#611 Post by RyanThunder »

lol white minority. I kind of like it that way. Call it white guilt if you like, but for me, I just can't stand white people parties.

Losonti Tokash

#612 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Had to read that like 4 times to even figure out what he was saying.

Flagg

#613 Post by Flagg »

Aaron wrote:What the f**k is it with immigrants in this country you go to a bar they show up buddy's getting married you by the guy is getting married a drink shoot the s**t with him then they accuse you of stealing their f***ing money maybe they should go back to where they came from. Or us white minority should holster six shooters like the old west and kill them all

A friend of mine for 15 years busted this out on facebook this morning. Kinda shocked.

Well at least his solution is final. So he's got that going for him.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190

#614 Post by Darksi4190 »

Wow, so I just sat down at a library computer at school, and there was a CD in the drive with someone's research paper on it.

I feel really bad for whoever left that in there

Oxymoron

#615 Post by Oxymoron »

So, talking with my psychologist today, it has come up that my "Control-freak" issues may be some kind of "obsessional neurose".

Oh well. Filled under "Food for thought / to be acted upon". Now to play some Civilization... :v
No.

joviwan

#616 Post by joviwan »

Darksi4190 wrote:Wow, so I just sat down at a library computer at school, and there was a CD in the drive with someone's research paper on it.

I feel really bad for whoever left that in there
If it was burned to a non-re-writeable media (like a CD), then it's about guaranteed to be there only for printing. They probably have a copy on their home machine.

Oxymoron

#617 Post by Oxymoron »

The magic of Lost & Found.
No.

Darksi4190

#618 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah, not sure we have one here, but I turned it over to the library staff in case someone comes looking for it.

uraniun235

#619 Post by uraniun235 »

okay so every year I do a christmas party for my friends, and this year I was like "okay guys where should we go for dinner?" and one of my friends said "well you know for a kid-friendly option there's always incredible john's! :fukyu: "

so I looked it up online and I suspected the worst, but not wanting to appear callous and unreasonable I said "oh well they're just a few blocks away from where i work, so i'll check it out."

well, john's incredible pizza is incredibly mediocre. the food's not actively repulsive like i remember chuck e cheese pizza being (even as a kid i could tell they used waaaaaay too much fuckin sauce) but it's just the blandest shit, like the pizza is basically frozen quality (probably was frozen, now that i think about it) and the pasta has the consistency of reheated leftovers from a frozen dinner. i would never choose to eat there, i would never think "golly, haven't been to john's in awhile, let's hit them up."

the decor is nice and clean, and not completely godawful. the video game selection is pretty meager.

but honestly what struck me while i was there was that, of the three couples out of ~twenty people who will be attending, their kids are four, three, two and one years old. none of them are what i would consider old enough to be free-roamers yet. so when my friend says "kid-friendly" she's not saying "oh hey we can let the kids run around and have fun," no she's saying "oh hey i can go play with the kids while you all gnaw on cardboard pizza"

i went back to facebook and basically said "uhhhh no. not with that food."

so basically, today i learned that john's incredible pizza is p. much an upscale chuck e cheese.

anyway, that's my story for today. thanks and god bless,

Gands

#620 Post by Gands »

We did sparring at TKD today.

The image of a fist flying at me caused all sorts of ugly memories to fire. I got through it, but... eugh.

Bounty

#621 Post by Bounty »

I got man flu :-(
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Crazedwraith

#622 Post by Crazedwraith »

how is that different from normal flu?
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#623 Post by RyanThunder »

it makes his balls shrivel

Manus Dei

#624 Post by Manus Dei »

I've got pleurisy!

Hooray! Time for several days of lying around like a bag of shit unable to do anything even remotely strenuous!

Even standing up long enough to go downstairs and make a burger inflicts horrid chest pains!

It's important to maintain a positive mental attitude! Hooray!

:(
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#625 Post by RyanThunder »

I hope you get well soon, man.