Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zod
perkele

Re: Godammed SDN

#6176 Post by Zod »

also this is probably the funniest shit i've read today

itt edi doesn't understand how the market works and sarevok is an idiot
Sarevok wrote:
Edi wrote:Jesus Christ I hate whiny assholes who bitch about game prices and how they should be dirt cheap just because they're indie releases. Not everything is going to be on offer for $4.99, $5.99 or $9.99 right from the get-go.

Fucking spoiled asshats with an entitlement complex. Yeah, it's great that some games are that cheap on Steam or gog.com or elsewhere, but the assumption that no game should cost more than that is fucking offensive.
If only more people felt like you. Then this industry would not be saturated like this.

On mobile paid games are a thing of the past. On PC the Steam is doing the same by driving prices down to $0.99. It's becoming increasingly harder taking risks and innovating anymore.

Dooey Jo

#6177 Post by Dooey Jo »

guys

only say things that you personally absolutely believe

don't try to approach things from different angles to show that my position may have flaws cause that's trolling and i'm very invested in everything i say so don't hurt my feelings okay
Phantasee wrote:sorry don't care about ninjas

no offence dooey jo
but

i just wrote a post about iranian ninjas :whine:
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Dooey Jo

#6178 Post by Dooey Jo »

i wonder how quickly darth wong would ban himself if a mirror universe version appeared that held different opinions

you lying liar lie down on a bed of roses and live on a prayer

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6179 Post by starku »

Zod wrote:also this is probably the funniest shit i've read today

itt edi doesn't understand how the market works and sarevok is an idiot
Sarevok wrote:
Edi wrote:Jesus Christ I hate whiny assholes who bitch about game prices and how they should be dirt cheap just because they're indie releases. Not everything is going to be on offer for $4.99, $5.99 or $9.99 right from the get-go.

Fucking spoiled asshats with an entitlement complex. Yeah, it's great that some games are that cheap on Steam or gog.com or elsewhere, but the assumption that no game should cost more than that is fucking offensive.
If only more people felt like you. Then this industry would not be saturated like this.

On mobile paid games are a thing of the past. On PC the Steam is doing the same by driving prices down to $0.99. It's becoming increasingly harder taking risks and innovating anymore.
The joke is edis pals charge full price for their shitass zero-budget no-art game they've been recycling for a decade

Or I could get mass effect 3 lol

Dooey Jo

#6180 Post by Dooey Jo »

Dee Dubya wrote:A predictive failure doesn't necessarily prove that someone doesn't know what he's talking about, especially in a situation which was arguably fraudulent. But there is a crisis of unscientific methods in economics; I suppose one might argue that there aren't a lot of experts in economics as a science. It is treated more as an art, with people lining themselves up into competing "schools of thought" named after their founders.
heh

a crisis of unscientific methods

i wonder what he thinks extra SCIENCE! will bring that will magically fix capitalism's inevitable contradictions

i think i know

it will show that people are truly too stupid to be allowed to vote and the capitalists technocrats should run everything for everyone's own good

we can set up a system of a party with only techocrats that you have to fulfil some criteria to be a member of and that this is the only party that is allowed to exist

then after twenty-thirty years when this collapses we can try something else that's also been done in the past

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6181 Post by adr-admin »

i used to laugh at economics since it seems like something any idiot can do at first glance

but i've gotten a lot more respect after seeing how every idiot has actually tried it

and none of it quite worked right

sometimes i think history class needs to take some pages out of literature class

a lot of history class was like naming facts and stuff

but it should have spent more time exploring the greater themes i think now

Ohma

#6182 Post by Ohma »

Dooey Jo wrote: :ice:
no idea how much i laughed at that and then was just sad some more

also yeah history classes seem to have a lot of difficulty not just turning into reverse jeopardy where knowing random shit about disparate things is the point and not y'know, noticing patterns and themes and learning from history

hell even that year long history of labor relations in the us class i had in middle school somehow didn't connect the pattern of people in power abusing those who aren't with anything that came before or after the industrial revolution

Losonti Tokash

#6183 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Zod wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:
Sarevok wrote:Games with horrible AIs are still praised to high heavens and make tons of $$ so why should we bother ? Why make real AI when smoke and mirrors is more than sufficient ?
:psypop:
this is the same guy who doesn't see what's wrong with plagiarizing pacman
no dude the irony comes from him criticizing smoke and mirrors ai while endlessly praising the same smoke and mirrors ai present in fear

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6184 Post by adr-admin »

Science does not define purpose. You can say "the concept of morality was gifted to us by God evolution to be more fit"...

But, is it right because God evolution gave it to us, or is it right because it's right? If it is the former, you should know as well as anyone that evolution doesn't have a goal beyond survival, and there's no reason why things ought to be that way. If it is the latter, let's cut out that useless God evolution term and get right down to business.

i need some more revisions but if wong doesn't summarily ban you you're doing something wrong

Oxymoron

#6185 Post by Oxymoron »

In an age where Man has never been so separated from Nature, where our control over Nature has never been so strong, where everything we do has ultimately, as a goal, to free us from Nature's influence ;
An age where Man has never been so free to forge its own destiny, where Man constantly improve itself over the limits Nature imposed to us

why would you want to justify your morale on "Natural" grounds ?
No.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6186 Post by Phantasee »

I swear to god if I get banned from SDN because I associate with you trolling fuckers…

I will have a lot of free time.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Dooey Jo

#6187 Post by Dooey Jo »

adr wrote:i used to laugh at economics since it seems like something any idiot can do at first glance

but i've gotten a lot more respect after seeing how every idiot has actually tried it

the reason they always fail is because they can't even accurately explain such basic things as where prices and profits come from

or rather, they don't want to, as that would amount to defending a system of oppression and slavery where resources must be kept artificially scarce and unavailable but through exchange

i don't see why they should deserve more respect than any I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP phrenologist

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6188 Post by RogueIce »

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6189 Post by Phantasee »

that comments section is something special

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6190 Post by starku »

adr wrote:i used to laugh at economics since it seems like something any idiot can do at first glance

sometimes i think history class needs to take some pages out of literature class

a lot of history class was like naming facts and stuff

but it should have spent more time exploring the greater themes i think now
You change your mind
Thahts basically lying, child

The lol is that econ is simple
But it has people in it
So not simple :v

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6191 Post by Phantasee »

rational consumer my ass

Dooey Jo

#6192 Post by Dooey Jo »

perfectly spherical consumer

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6193 Post by starku »

Phantasee wrote:rational consumer my ass
Is everyone has the same information a
And it's all tre

THEN WE'RE IN FANTAYSLAND :lol:

Veef

#6194 Post by Veef »

TEO seems like a bit of a sausage fest in discussing contraceptives

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6195 Post by adr-admin »

the best contraceptive in the world is being a fat nerd amirite?

timmy

#6196 Post by timmy »

Sadly not true.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

uraniun235

#6197 Post by uraniun235 »

the best contraceptive in the world is suicide

uraniun235

#6198 Post by uraniun235 »

not actually being serious, just felt like having a roast beef moment there

though it does prompt me to notice that we're missing the suicide-Image

Zod
perkele

#6199 Post by Zod »

so the trailer for the new ghost recon game is a massive lol

http://www.viddler.com/v/5caf2f

Civil War Man

#6200 Post by Civil War Man »

adr wrote:
But D13 is also quite stubbornly arguing that you need something called "free will" in order to have morality.
Is that guy claiming it's possible to have morality when all of your thoughts and actions have been predetermined? :wtf:
Dooey Jo wrote:perfectly spherical consumer
Stock market crashes
No sign of debris
Assume vaporization