#6326 Post by Phantasee »

i don't trust any of you
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#6327 Post by adr-admin »

i think that's the end of the tale of mousey

that $6 trap is reusable too in case he had any friends here there might be a sequel but for now this is done

he pooped in the trap which was gross

there was lots of moisture on the lid

his fur was all pointy

but he was alive

so i took him up to historic thompson park right here in watertown and released him into the woods

the animal staggered about slowly, falling over a couple times

not at all the agile speed demon i faced with the tongs

he could have been in that trap for like 20 hours living with his own filth with nothing but cookie pieces to sustain him (and he at a couple of them i really do think it was a long time). i checked before bed and didn't see him but might have just missed him too

nevertheless certainly not in the finest health

anyway i let him go and gave him some random leftover food to get him started

with the apparent dehydration i kinda wish i brought some liquid water though

perhaps something warm too, it is in the 40's in my house down at the floor right now, would have been prolly colder overnight

he settled into a little hole next to a tree tho and i made a leaf+snow wind break for him so i think he has a good chance of warming up

and if he warms up, eating some snow will make water so i think the dehydration problem will be ok too (besides it is 40 degrees outside so there's a good amount of moisture. if he couldn't get water from eating things i think he'd be long dead already)

when i left it looked like he was going to sleep. he could have ate or drank (snow water) and was def breathing so nothing else i can do

he's on his own now

i wish him the best

good times we had

ok not really but still i do hope he makes it in the wild

Akhlut

#6328 Post by Akhlut »

If that was a regular old house mouse (Mus musculus) you pretty much just sentenced him to death. They cannot compete with the native rodent populations on earth, really.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6329 Post by adr-admin »

idk, probably

but i couldn't let him keep living in my house so the alternative was killing him myself (or dumping him on other people, and that's really a no go either)

some chance is better than no chance i figure

besides this way i can tell myself that it was just the way of the wild and it wasn't really my fault

Akhlut

#6330 Post by Akhlut »

adr wrote:idk, probably
HEY
HEY
HEY
ENGLISH LANGUAGE FORUM
NO HAXXOR SPEECH.
but i couldn't let him keep living in my house so the alternative was killing him myself (or dumping him on other people, and that's really a no go either)
Well, at least some poor, hungry snake or hawk or shrew's gonna get dinner out of this.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6331 Post by adr-admin »

you remember that star trek animated series episode "how much sharper than a serpent's tooth"

?

the alien there captured all kinds of animals and put them in like a The Matrix kind of setup

where their physical bodies lived in a can but mentally, they lived out their wild lives

the alien figured this way these vicious animals can be happy without hurting anyone else

captain kirk disagreed with the setup but i don't rememeber exactly what he said

they ended up releasing the animals to secure their own escape

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6332 Post by adr-admin »

Big Triece wrote:
In fact a pretty good summarization of the bullshit surrounding this debate was given two days ago (but deleted by the mods) acknowledging that it has it's root in racism, which is something even acknowledged by scholars.

That post was blatant trolling. The author of the post admitted as much. Do you think random internet trolls and random internet photos constitute real evidence?

surlethe's wife wrote a blog post a couple days ago about how their daughter watches and mimics everything they do

if she is polite, their kid is polite

if she puts on makeup, daughter wants to too

and so on

so she concluded to raise a well behaved child the first and most important step is to be well behaved yourself, all the time cuz they are always watching, so you set a good example

this makes sense to me

anyway are we seeing the same thing here?

dw dismisses someone's words after labeling him a troll

the mods do it

and so do regular users

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6333 Post by starku »

I think it's even more; kids can tell if you hate black people even if you avoid using the words

And I think the orthodoxy flows from tuff he may not even say, but is implicit in his posts

Cause you want it impress dad right :v

Aaron
El Duderino

#6334 Post by Aaron »

adr wrote:
Big Triece wrote:
In fact a pretty good summarization of the bullshit surrounding this debate was given two days ago (but deleted by the mods) acknowledging that it has it's root in racism, which is something even acknowledged by scholars.

That post was blatant trolling. The author of the post admitted as much. Do you think random internet trolls and random internet photos constitute real evidence?

surlethe's wife wrote a blog post a couple days ago about how their daughter watches and mimics everything they do

if she is polite, their kid is polite

if she puts on makeup, daughter wants to too

and so on

so she concluded to raise a well behaved child the first and most important step is to be well behaved yourself, all the time cuz they are always watching, so you set a good example

this makes sense to me

anyway are we seeing the same thing here?

dw dismisses someone's words after labeling him a troll

the mods do it

and so do regular users
Uh yeah, people in a closed enviroment seem to ape each others behavior. Might be why there are so many drunks and conservatives in the army.

To righteous to understand, my ass.

Veef

#6335 Post by Veef »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 9#p3643549

Because as soon as you give people fuel rods, they know how to build a bomb.

This is getting uncomfortably xenophobic.

Aaron
El Duderino

#6336 Post by Aaron »

Dirty bomb!

Fear the dark!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6337 Post by adr-admin »

in my experience, most people who make a distinction between functional and beautiful are just shitty artists and/or shitty engineers rationalizing for their lack of talent.

it pains me to see threads where they condemn beautiful design as obviously non functional

talented people can achieve beautiful and functional

Zod
perkele

#6338 Post by Zod »

adr wrote:in my experience, most people who make a distinction between functional and beautiful are just shitty artists and/or shitty engineers rationalizing for their lack of talent.

it pains me to see threads where they condemn beautiful design as obviously non functional

talented people can achieve beautiful and functional
i don't see what's wrong with that

if something is nice to look at but unpleasant to use it rightly deserves that kind of distinction (apple macbooks, lol)

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6339 Post by starku »

lol apple sux bro am i cool

if appearance isn't a design goal who cares
likewise is function isn't a design goal who cares

uh oh role influences priorities what to do

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#6340 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Oh shit guys I am almost back to a normal schedule what threads should I avoid like the plague.

If the answer is "all of them" I will not be surprised.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6341 Post by starku »

there is some real gold out theer atm

Gands

#6342 Post by Gands »

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6343 Post by Phantasee »

if it wasn't for you brave people

and this glorious thread

i wouldn't know what to read anymore

i can barely bother with checking OT these days, nvm N&P and I haven't ventured north of OT in ages
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Aaron
El Duderino

#6344 Post by Aaron »

I love that Wong abandoned that thread after his pro-eugenics comments. With any luck he'll be gone for months and people can actually talk to each other.

Akhlut

#6345 Post by Akhlut »

Gands wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 2&t=153821

I sense imminent comedy.
Why do I get the distinct impression that Starglider genuinely misses the days the UK was a colonial empire?

Veef

#6346 Post by Veef »

Aaron wrote:I love that Wong abandoned that thread after his pro-eugenics comments. With any luck he'll be gone for months and people can actually talk to each other.
You think he feels bad for having such beliefs? It's white guilt.

Aaron
El Duderino

#6347 Post by Aaron »

No I don't.

Akhlut

#6348 Post by Akhlut »

Veef wrote:
Aaron wrote:I love that Wong abandoned that thread after his pro-eugenics comments. With any luck he'll be gone for months and people can actually talk to each other.
You think he feels bad for having such beliefs? It's white guilt.
I thought Darth Wong was Asian, though.

Veef

#6349 Post by Veef »

He's openly Canadian. He just happens to be Asian.

Dooey Jo

#6350 Post by Dooey Jo »

Akhlut wrote:Why do I get the distinct impression that Starglider genuinely misses the days the UK was a colonial empire?
Probably because he is an unrepentant Thatcherite that likes to scream about STALINISTS. The interesting question is was he always like this or did he turn into this when he got financial friends and realised making money was more fun than inventing the best AI evar?
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you