Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Akhlut

Re: Godammed SDN

#6376 Post by Akhlut »

He doesn't sound West African to me.

But, then again, I could understand all of his speech, unlike my former coworker from Nigeria, who I could understand about 1/3 of the time.

Losonti Tokash

#6377 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Your former coworker probably wasn't a professional voice actor, though. :V

Stofsk

#6378 Post by Stofsk »

man it would be nice if people used spoiler tags even for minor shit like that

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6379 Post by starku »

what's minor about a precursor joining your team

oh right gotta whine about paying for stuff

Zod
perkele

#6380 Post by Zod »

i think we should go even further with spoilers

i don't want to know anything at all about a game until i've plunked down my $60

not even gameplay

in fact just don't even tell me it exists

:smug:

Aaron
El Duderino

#6381 Post by Aaron »

Gawd, I dunno why I signed back up but I immediately regret it, why is it that a group of "trolls" can have an in depth discussion of a series but the intellectuals can't?

Kryten

#6382 Post by Kryten »

Stofsk wrote:man it would be nice if people used spoiler tags even for minor shit like that
Isn't this 'minor thing' part of paid DLC? You can't really 'spoil' something that's going to inevitably be an explicit selling point.

Stofsk

#6383 Post by Stofsk »

well that's why i said it's a minor thing

it's just annoying because putting it in spoiler tags takes zero effort, but if someone forgets to do it then it's my job to edit the post

now picture someone dropping a major spoiler carelessly because you let minor shit slide

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6384 Post by starku »

Aaron wrote:Gawd, I dunno why I signed back up but I immediately regret it, why is it that a group of "trolls" can have an in depth discussion of a series but the intellectuals can't?
not real coop, aaron

*smirk*

Aaron
El Duderino

#6385 Post by Aaron »

Yeah

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6386 Post by starku »

if there was no syndicate i'd prolly buy me3 just for coops too

my only chance is to never let sherry play it :V

Zod
perkele

#6387 Post by Zod »

Stofsk wrote:well that's why i said it's a minor thing

it's just annoying because putting it in spoiler tags takes zero effort, but if someone forgets to do it then it's my job to edit the post

now picture someone dropping a major spoiler carelessly because you let minor shit slide
i find it easiest to simply not give a fuck about spoilers

Aaron
El Duderino

#6388 Post by Aaron »

Well it nipped the whining about it in the bud. Stofsk should totally split that coop idjit to the HoS though.

Flagg

#6389 Post by Flagg »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 0#p3644330 :lol: God I hate that guy. WORST. MOD. EVER.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

xon

#6390 Post by xon »

Dooey Jo wrote:
Akhlut wrote:Why do I get the distinct impression that Starglider genuinely misses the days the UK was a colonial empire?
Probably because he is an unrepentant Thatcherite that likes to scream about STALINISTS. The interesting question is was he always like this or did he turn into this when he got financial friends and realised making money was more fun than inventing the best AI evar?
Starglider's "best AI evar" always did sound like a poorly defined pipe dream. But hey what do I know, AI has only been a largely failed sector for a good 30 odd years.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6391 Post by RogueIce »

Akhlut wrote:You know how many of the states are just bullshit states, right? The Dakotas? Bullshit. Arkansas? Bullshit. Kentucky? Whiskey, horse races, and bullshit. California outside the mountains? Bullshit. There's no reason to visit most of the USA, mang.
Whoa whoa whoa. I'll grant you the Dakotas, Arkansas and Kentucky, but California has nothing outside the mountains? I call shennanigans on that.

I mean c'mon, you can get shot at in a drive by. :smugissar:

Or have your car wrecked because of a police chase. :oinkoink:

Or visit Hollywood. Whatever suits your fancy.

Plenty to do in the Great State of California.
Stofsk wrote:now picture someone dropping a major spoiler carelessly because you let minor shit slide
Rosebud was his sled. :smug:

Akhlut

#6392 Post by Akhlut »

xon wrote:
Dooey Jo wrote:
Akhlut wrote:Why do I get the distinct impression that Starglider genuinely misses the days the UK was a colonial empire?
Probably because he is an unrepentant Thatcherite that likes to scream about STALINISTS. The interesting question is was he always like this or did he turn into this when he got financial friends and realised making money was more fun than inventing the best AI evar?
Starglider's "best AI evar" always did sound like a poorly defined pipe dream. But hey what do I know, AI has only been a largely failed sector for a good 30 odd years.
I especially like how he cheerfully says that it will inevitably turn into a homicidal Skynet machine intent on killing all humans eventually and that we should try to build one anyway.

:psypop:

RogueIce wrote:
Akhlut wrote:You know how many of the states are just bullshit states, right? The Dakotas? Bullshit. Arkansas? Bullshit. Kentucky? Whiskey, horse races, and bullshit. California outside the mountains? Bullshit. There's no reason to visit most of the USA, mang.
Whoa whoa whoa. I'll grant you the Dakotas, Arkansas and Kentucky, but California has nothing outside the mountains? I call shennanigans on that.

I mean c'mon, you can get shot at in a drive by. :smugissar:

Or have your car wrecked because of a police chase. :oinkoink:

Or visit Hollywood. Whatever suits your fancy.

Plenty to do in the Great State of California.
I was in Southern California for, like, a week. Aside from the San Bernardino museum and chilling in the malls, I did not find city life particularly great there. Big Bear, though, was fucking awesome.

Also, above about 3,000 feet, I could actually see stuff in the sky and didn't have constant eye irritation from smog and ozone.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6393 Post by adr-admin »

here's another thing that just bugs me

"Incom T-65 X-Wing"

you could have just said "x-wing" or "x-wing from star wars"

the other stuff looks like look at me i read the books and remember fake brands

then again i dislike real brands too

just call it "my car", not "my mercades benz sux 4000"

i fucking hate that shit

i can understand if a guy in a commercial says "my dodge truck" since the whole point of the commercial is to do that

but regular people talking dont need that shit

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6394 Post by adr-admin »

oh so here's another fun thing

last night i was up at midnight and it was bright orange outside

but it is night now can it be bright?

answer: snow and clouds
it was snowing so fresh layer on the ground and low clouds in the sky

must have been reflecting city lights

kinda makes you realize how much light we produce that is just wasted on normal nights

Dooey Jo

#6395 Post by Dooey Jo »

even fake brands need to protect their trademarks

can't have people calling any old x-shaped flying thing an x-wing
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6396 Post by adr-admin »

the star wars were fought over genericizing trademarks

Bob the Gunslinger

#6397 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Akhlut wrote: I was in Southern California for, like, a week. Aside from the San Bernardino museum and chilling in the malls, I did not find city life particularly great there. Big Bear, though, was fucking awesome.

Also, above about 3,000 feet, I could actually see stuff in the sky and didn't have constant eye irritation from smog and ozone.

There's a lot to do that you missed out on. Besides, California also includes San Francisco and the Bay area, as well as some of the creepiest small towns you'll ever see.

But seriously, did you even visit the Creationist Dinosaur Museum out by Palm Springs? :colbert:

Zod
perkele

#6398 Post by Zod »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:
Akhlut wrote: I was in Southern California for, like, a week. Aside from the San Bernardino museum and chilling in the malls, I did not find city life particularly great there. Big Bear, though, was fucking awesome.

There's a lot to do that you missed out on. Besides, California also includes San Francisco and the Bay area, as well as some of the creepiest small towns you'll ever see.

But seriously, did you even visit the Creationist Dinosaur Museum out by Palm Springs? :colbert:
San Francisco's not exactly "southern" California.

Veef

#6399 Post by Veef »

adr wrote:the star wars were fought over genericizing trademarks
no the taxation of trade routes

Losonti Tokash

#6400 Post by Losonti Tokash »

syndicate taught me all about the importance of branding