Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Godammed SDN

#6576 Post by Flagg »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 0#p3646920

Wonder how long until someone demands proof that she fucks for money.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#6577 Post by Aaron »

Sounds like she was the same as the rest of them.

Flagg

#6578 Post by Flagg »

Pretty much. She was a "moderate" which basically means she's just a corporate whore. She still voted with Republicans on almost every issue, so I'd rather have a Democrat corporate whore that at least votes on party lines than some Republican cunt.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Akhlut

#6579 Post by Akhlut »

Flagg wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 0#p3646920

Wonder how long until someone demands proof that she fucks for money.
About an hour and a half. :smug:

Though, it was Phant, so that may not count.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6580 Post by Phantasee »

I actually didn't see this until now so... great minds? Hahaha
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6581 Post by RogueIce »

Phantasee wrote:Arrogance is whatever, it's just an attitude, actively being a dick because you think it's your job or duty is on another level
Anything specific or just in general?

Re: MLP and Bronies. Something gets popular for the Internet, attracts dumbass fans, who knew?

I just try to enjoy my kids shows in peace, why must the Internet get me indirectly associated with moron fans? Curse you Internet!

PS: I still unironically watch Power Rangers. Even the new season. Despite it sucking. Because I still hope it'll get better. RPM was the shiznit, though. I miss it terribly.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6582 Post by starku »

i doubt anyone who isn't a fuckwit cares what people watch

i mean these are the guys who watch every direct to video justice league thing right :V

Oxymoron

#6583 Post by Oxymoron »

RogueIce wrote:Anything specific or just in general?
See this discussion.
RogueIce wrote:I just try to enjoy my kids shows in peace, why must the Internet get me indirectly associated with moron fans? Curse you Internet!
As much as my hate of being categorized in any way, this is why I don't like when people try to tell me I'm a "brony" - as if they knew me personally...
No.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6584 Post by starku »

if you post exclusively in image macros

people already know everything they need to know about you :V

Zod
perkele

#6585 Post by Zod »

Anyway, regarding the semi-fantasy concept of a girl outwardly showing petty disdain but actually struggling with romantic feelings towards the (typically male) protagonist. I have rarely seen this (or at least remember seeing it), as I don't watch much anime, but I get the impression that this is actually a form of sexual tension. I think it is possibly appealing because it shows "feistyness" and passion from the character. It might have a subliminal idea that "wow, if she's so energetic when she's just annoyed, I wonder how she'll act when she REALLY WANTS SOMEONE", thus leading the way to interesting sexual/romantic relationship.
itt teo discovers tsundere

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6586 Post by starku »

I GET THE IMPRESSION IT IS A FORM OF SEXUAL TENSION

to be frank people using terms like tsundere outside manga strikes me as really limiting

are women in noir movies tsundere? please

Zod
perkele

#6587 Post by Zod »

starku wrote:I GET THE IMPRESSION IT IS A FORM OF SEXUAL TENSION

to be frank people using terms like tsundere outside manga strikes me as really limiting

idk, i thought we were talking about animu

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6588 Post by RogueIce »

starku wrote:i doubt anyone who isn't a fuckwit cares what people watch
Indeed.
starku wrote:i mean these are the guys who watch every direct to video justice league thing right :V
Bruce Timm is my Savior and I shall not hear words spoken against him. Even though I haven't seen any of those DTVs in a very long time. But...

Eh, if it's about Batman I'll probably break down eventually. I'm a fanboy. :(
Oxymoron wrote:See this discussion.
Just did. And yeah, he seems pretty quick to pull the trigger there. TBH I don't think it's much worse than the time he editted out my posting a picture of the Battleship Bismarck because it was the Nazis using the Lord's Name in Vain or something. That was pretty damn annoying.
Oxymoron wrote:As much as my hate of being categorized in any way, this is why I don't like when people try to tell me I'm a "brony" - as if they knew me personally...
I can get into that. I like Star Wars, but that doesn't make me a Warsie. I like MLP:FiM, this does not make me a Brony. I like Southland, this does not make me a...uh...Southie? Well also I'm not from South Boston on that last.

Sure I'm rocking the MLP avs and banners a bit now, but that's just because it's fun and new-ish and I liked making them. I'm sure I'll eventually move on to something else given time, but for now I'm enjoying it.

Guess I could bust out the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers banner next...

Oxymoron

#6589 Post by Oxymoron »

RogueIce wrote:Guess I could bust out the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers banner next...
That'd be fun, yeah. :lol:

Man, the only thing I remember of the Pwner Rangers was how ridiculous the special effects where, that I never understood what the hell the show was about apart from transformation sequences and ruining the Villains' shit, and the toys we were playing with as kids in the schoolyard.
No.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#6590 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

starku wrote:to be frank people using terms like tsundere outside manga strikes me as really limiting

'Tsunderes' aren't really a thing which exist outside of anime and manga

Well except for Helga in Hey Arnold :fukyu:

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6591 Post by starku »

Or are they

Identify the trope

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6592 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Man, the only thing I remember of the Pwner Rangers was how ridiculous the special effects where, that I never understood what the hell the show was about apart from transformation sequences and ruining the Villains' shit, and the toys we were playing with as kids in the schoolyard.
Pwner Rangers? hehe

Well, if you care, it can be about more than people in spandex fighting other people in rubber suits and the rubber suit grows big, spandex people hope in a giant robot and rubber monster explodes. PS: there's a "life lesson" tacked on at the end.

Not so much the first season, which pretty much followed formula. But later seasons did try to add a little 'complexity' (relatively speaking) and storytelling into it. IE: villians that weren't just out to conquer the world because that's just how they rolled.

But at its most basic it's still a somewhat cheesy kids show that essentially borrows the suits, robots and monsters from a Japanese series, with how well they mix and match the footage varying wildly from season to season or even episode to episode.

Oxymoron

#6593 Post by Oxymoron »

There's one thing that always escaped me...

Was/is it an American or a Japanese show ? I always thought it was Japanese (because of the transformation sequences and the rubber suits) but was at the same time "perturbed" by the fact that it seemed to take place in Beverly Hills/Santa Monica/whatever somewhere around Los Angeles.
No.

Zod
perkele

#6594 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:There's one thing that always escaped me...

Was/is it an American or a Japanese show ? I always thought it was Japanese (because of the transformation sequences and the rubber suits) but was at the same time "perturbed" by the fact that it seemed to take place in Beverly Hills/Santa Monica/whatever somewhere around Los Angeles.
It was originally a Japanese show. The parts that were filmed in America was with the actors out of costume. The parts with them in costume were just re-dubbed, so they didn't have to spend as much money on FX.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#6595 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was interesting because the guy in charge made an effort to get the Ryuki costumes so they could film their own costume stuff in addition to using existing footage. I'd be surprised if the more recent Power Rangers stuff didn't do something similar.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6596 Post by RogueIce »

To expand, it's a bit of a hybrid. The costumes, monsters, Zords etc come from a Japanese series called Super Sentai. So yeah, as Zod said the parts in costume are re-dubbed so they could be cheap.

Power Rangers is still an American show, though. And not all of the fight scenes are re-dubbed Japanese. They do have American fight scenes (most obvious in seasons 2 and 3 of MMPR, because they didn't follow the Sentai costume changes, until the end of season 3's "Alien Rangers") and, rarely, even American Zord footage. And sometimes the general storyline of a season is relatively close to the season of Sentai it's based from (such as the current Samurai season) but other times it will be almost completely different (RPM definately).

So, sometimes you can say it's an Americanized show from Japan, other times it tends to be rather distinct and only uses some of the fight/Zord footage from Japan. It varies greatly.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#6597 Post by RogueIce »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was interesting because the guy in charge made an effort to get the Ryuki costumes so they could film their own costume stuff in addition to using existing footage. I'd be surprised if the more recent Power Rangers stuff didn't do something similar.
IIRC they almost always have the costumes and stuff from the Sentai when filming, though how much they get used for actual American footage (outside of small bits like the unmorphed Rangers facing off against the monster for some banter before morphing into Japanese footage) depends on whether or not the producers want to/are able to spend the money for it, instead of dubbing and splicing the existing Sentai footage.

Oxymoron

#6598 Post by Oxymoron »

Interesting concept. Must have been a nightmare [hyperbole] to license, though...

Dumb question, but in some ways isn't it the kind of thing that happened to Macross/Robotech ? Note that the only thing I know about these shows is from Veef's posts.
No.

Zod
perkele

#6599 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:Interesting concept. Must have been a nightmare [hyperbole] to license, though...

Dumb question, but in some ways isn't it the kind of thing that happened to Macross/Robotech ? Note that the only thing I know about these shows is from Veef's posts.
They didn't have enough episodes of macross for syndication, so they spliced together two other series with it.

Veef

#6600 Post by Veef »

Oxymoron wrote: Dumb question, but in some ways isn't it the kind of thing that happened to Macross/Robotech ? Note that the only thing I know about these shows is from Veef's posts.
never write this in my presence

it is sin

Long story short (lol not really)

some really great salesman type guy named Carl Macek worked with Harmony Gold (a real-estate and C-grade movie distribution company) to get Macross on TV since their initial attempts at dubbing it for VHS only weren't super hot

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/vid ... eview1.htm

Uncle Carl got the idea to get around syndication thing (which was pretty vague but I guess they needed 65 episode for the specific package) he asked Harmony Gold what other shows they had available which were Southern Cross and Mospeada. Since those shows were made in the wake of Macross's success they were outwardly similar (Mospeada rips off everything)

Uncle Carl and his writer friend thought it would be grrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaaaaat to rewrite the shows into one series. It convinced some fatty nerds that it was great but consistently failed to get any sequels and got buried by Transformers and Voltron.

Now back in Japan, rights to the original Macross TV series were split between Big West (an advertising company) and Tatsunoko Productions (an animation studio that helped fund and produce the series when Big West's original partner pulled out). Tatsunoko got some outside of Japan rights and sold them to Harmony Gold.

Harmony Gold is hella shady and kept strong arming and trademarking stuff to keep Macross out of the international market because hey, they want a cut of success.

Huge legal battles and shit has made Macross as a franchise more or less Japan only.

D'oh well. :zaku: