Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: Godammed SDN

#6601 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Interesting concept. Must have been a nightmare [hyperbole] to license, though...
I dunno about that. Maybe, but then they've been going for 19 years and had done other shows a similar way (Masked Rider, VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs) so clearly they figured it out.

The real nightmare, I think, comes from the Sentai footage sometimes, and making that match what the producers wanted to do. One of the bigger examples is Power Rangers in Space: originally the PR team saw some of the Sentai footage and thought it would be spaced themed, so that was how they set up the end to Power Rangers Turbo. Turns out, the Sentai was not space themed, so they had to do all of the space stuff themselves. Which was rather expensive. But since it was going to be the last season of PR, they went and did it anyway.

Matching the footage to the show could be an interesting thing to do, since IIRC the Sentai they were basing each season on was still airing while production of the PR season was going on. These days though, they're now a season behind the Sentai so that'll probably be less of a problem, if they should ever decide to get more original in their storytelling.

Veef

#6602 Post by Veef »

I find it kind of disheartening that genuine children shows that have been straight dubbed all over the world (especially in South America and parts of Europe) have to be altered to reflect American imagery and values :v

Flagg

#6603 Post by Flagg »

Phant is vendettopathing and I get bitched at for "shitposting". Then again I was the one rubbing their noses in their shit, so I guess I was asking for it. :roll:

Where's my House emote BTW?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Veef

#6604 Post by Veef »

hay Frod do you think I'll make ger-man mad with my reasoned statement

Losonti Tokash

#6605 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i am certainly grateful for the wise souls in the mustache tax break thread telling us it's a bad idea or that it's silly

Akhlut

#6606 Post by Akhlut »

Losonti Tokash wrote:i am certainly grateful for the wise souls in the mustache tax break thread telling us it's a bad idea or that it's silly
How would you know otherwise? :v

(also: I'm sad about the lack of the professor emote; the one that looks like the pope/policeman ones here, except he's tapping on a blackboard with a pointer)

Zod
perkele

#6607 Post by Zod »

Akhlut wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:i am certainly grateful for the wise souls in the mustache tax break thread telling us it's a bad idea or that it's silly

(also: I'm sad about the lack of the professor emote; the one that looks like the pope/policeman ones here, except he's tapping on a blackboard with a pointer)
i added a few more

timmy

#6608 Post by timmy »

Re: the Macross thing. I spotted in a dept. store for $20 the full Macross Saga of Robotech a few weeks back. Thought, what the hell, then the kids can watch it too.

But it's so hard to watch. I mean, when the Zentran fleet folds in during the first episode, J. Jay Smith announces their entire MO in a voiceover. It seems inexcusably clunky, even in a children's cartoon.

I've stalled before Hikaru Rick mans up and joins the U.N. Spacy RDF.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6609 Post by starku »

Tv show sucks lol

Veef

#6610 Post by Veef »

timmy wrote:Re: the Macross thing. I spotted in a dept. store for $20 the full Macross Saga of Robotech a few weeks back. Thought, what the hell, then the kids can watch it too.
ADV actually dubbed Macross with a "proper" script

http://www.chatterbotcollection.com/ite ... hp?id=2583

unfortunately they were apparently told to pronounce Japanese names and even "Macross" incorrectly

except Mari Ijima, Minmay's original Japanese voice actress reprises her role cuz she speaks english too and says everything correctly

although from what I heard ADV's script is kind of shitty and has characters calling each other "bitch" or whatever

Akhlut

#6611 Post by Akhlut »

Zod wrote:
Akhlut wrote:

i added a few more
This....IS MY VISION! HAHAHAHAHHA!

:science:

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6612 Post by Phantasee »

Oxymoron wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Anything specific or just in general?
See this discussion.
I PMed him to reopen it, he said he locked it because it was full of image spam. Which blew my mind, since all I saw before he locked it were a couple images of snails, my serious post, and some discussion. And a sketch of a pony in glasses or something.

Fuck's sake, people expecting high standards in testing are almost worse than people expecting zero standards in testing. *smirk*
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#6613 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Veef wrote:hay Frod do you think I'll make ger-man mad with my reasoned statement
shrug.jpg

Oxymoron

#6614 Post by Oxymoron »

Phantasee wrote:I PMed him to reopen it, he said he locked it because it was full of image spam. Which blew my mind, since all I saw before he locked it were a couple images of snails, my serious post, and some discussion. And a sketch of a pony in glasses or something.
Ah, it was you ? Well, thanks man. Thanks a bunch.
Phantasee wrote:Fuck's sake, people expecting high standards in testing are almost worse than people expecting zero standards in testing. *smirk*
Funny thing is... He criticize image spamming by posting image macros.

Spot the inconsistency.
No.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#6615 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Adr be proud, apparently Kreshna A Nurdzman came out of a six year retirement to smite you.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6616 Post by adr-admin »

i actually chat with him semi-regularly; he's been a regular member of my forums for a long time

but i haven't been reading shit disseminator dot net this week

Dooey Jo

#6617 Post by Dooey Jo »

Wage Slavery: Alive and Thriving
hah!

no shit

i don't think you know what that means
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Flagg

#6618 Post by Flagg »

I think I'll use some form of "retard" in every thread I post. The title if possible.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#6619 Post by Aaron »

I should have realized that retards would descend on the Canuck gun control thread. I forgot what N&P was like.

Losonti Tokash

#6620 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man i thought that was your goal

Aaron
El Duderino

#6621 Post by Aaron »

Despite my disgust and loathing for SDN< I try not to troll.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6622 Post by starku »

Saw thread
Saw recent poster = shep

Ignored thread

The Spartan

#6623 Post by The Spartan »

Aaron wrote:I should have realized that retards would descend on the Canuck gun control thread. I forgot what N&P was like.
Don't take it too hard. It's Ryan Thunder. He's already a fairly dull blade. Someone says the word "gun" and he a completely loses an edge to be dull.

Aaron
El Duderino

#6624 Post by Aaron »

Yeah, I don't get it.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6625 Post by starku »

Aaron you know that Canadian gun owners can be a bit strange

And Americans are waaaaaaaaaaaay less intelligent about firearms issues