videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Veef

Re: videojuegos

#676 Post by Veef »

i wanna start mgs4 but i feel compelled to finish Peace Walker on the HD collection and that gosh darn Zadornov won't stay in his cell :argh:

evilsoup

#677 Post by evilsoup »

you could have MGS4 playing in the background while you play your handheld game
every few hours you'll have to do fifteen minutes of gameplay, but apart from that it's basically a movie

Veef

#678 Post by Veef »

no this is Peace Walker as part of the MGS HD collection for PS3 :ocelot:

Agent Bert Macklin

#679 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

evilsoup wrote:you could have MGS4 playing in the background while you play your handheld game
every few hours you'll have to do fifteen minutes of gameplay, but apart from that it's basically a movie
Usually that's a complaint of mine re games (too cinematic), but I think the gameplay in MGS4 is so awesome that I sit through the cut scenes.

FFX HD is getting a December release in Japan, so I expect a release for NA not soon after. Now I really miss my PS3. :( I may just have to buy a used one or wait until the price comes down after the PS4 is released.

joviwan

#680 Post by joviwan »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:
joviwan wrote:everything I know about persona is that the 'high school' part is both the least important and least interesting, taking a back seat to 'twisted psychological introspection as freudian super-monsters punch the shit out of each other as you try to solve mysteries to a backdrop of the darkly supernatural"

but i've never actually played a persona game so idk
I don't think I would characterise the games or the elements thereof in such a way, no

It's only really Persona 4 Arena that gets away with having mostly excised the school life stuff, and that's because, you know, it's a fighting game :v
Good to know.

I've been interested in the p series for a while now, but my only experience with it has been watching some friends play various iterations while hanging out, which probably led to some confused notions.

evilsoup

#681 Post by evilsoup »

oh yeah I agree, the actual gameplay was really good
and the cutscenes really got me, especially the ones towards the end, it was like weaponised nostalgia

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#682 Post by Darksi4190 »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:So it took me about four years but I have completed FFXIII

It feels somewhat appropriate to have done so in this year

Also to quote Jay-Z fuck the haters

It was great
Did you have fun dealing with Orphan's insta-kill attack that targets your party lead?

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#683 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I actually DID get ruled once because the death effect from Primogenitor's Wrath hit Lightning

However without a Seraph Crown I was basically inviting disaster with my slow and steady approach

So I had Lightning-Hope-Vanille and just went for it. Finishing the battle relatively quickly limits the number of times you get hit by said attack

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#684 Post by Darksi4190 »

The first time it happened to me I didn't actually realize it was an insta-kill because Lightning's HP was down to about half, so the second time I went in making sure to keep her HP-up, and then when she got whacked again I figured out what was happening. I tried the Buff/Debuff/Rapidly murder approach but the party lead kept getting KOed, so I eventually had to use the Seraph's crown. I'm just glad I had some and hadn't sold them or ground them up for XP.

It's the cheapest final boss battle i've seen in a while. No other boss uses an instant death attack, and the enemies that do you don't really have to fight, so I basically went through the entire game without realizing that I needed to defend against instant death right up until the last goddamn boss.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#685 Post by RogueIce »

So your party lead gets KOed and it's game over? No phoenix downs or anything? That's pretty BS.

Civil War Man

#686 Post by Civil War Man »

It is a BS mechanic, though it's hardly the first game to ever do it.

Like BG2. Instant game over if the PC dies because blah blah Son of Bhaal blah, yet there's nothing preventing bringing Imoen back with a Raise Dead if she gets killed.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#687 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I don't really mind it. It's just something extra to keep in mind, and it's pretty easy to deal with.

Also the very final boss is equally vulnerable to death.

Oxymoron

#688 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

joviwan

#689 Post by joviwan »

speaking of BG2, the Enhanced Edition comes out in november, and a bigass patch for BG:EE is dropping hopefully this week. They've been doing a really open patch process, and right now it looks like the game will run on Intel HD 4000 machines, now

my dream of playing baldur's gate with a touch pen are one step closer.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#690 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Eren may be the protagonist but he's definitely not whom I'd pick to lead that faction :L

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#691 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

However he would be the most entertaining

GHHHHAAAAAANDIIIIIIIIIII

I'M GOING TO DESTROY

NO

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU

etc

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#692 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Now I want to see various historical world leaders as titan shifters :L

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#693 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Now I want to see various historical world leaders as titan shifters :L
crudeness has a certain charm, right?

Veef

#694 Post by Veef »

guys

guys

is the arms dealer in MGS4 named Drebin because he sells naked guns? :fukyu:

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#695 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

What a coincidence! :v

Oxymoron

#696 Post by Oxymoron »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Eren may be the protagonist but he's definitely not whom I'd pick to lead that faction :L
Mikasa would be a cooler choice :v

Or Armin.

But most likely I'd say, you could use either that old eccentric general whose name I've forgotten, or the commander of the Recon Corp.
No.

Veef

#697 Post by Veef »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:What a coincidence! :v
that's just a weird reference for a Japanese game to make

i am just so glad the in game economy is based around the mutual exchange of guns and services between a robot and a monkey

ook ook!

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#698 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

For Japanese games yes

Not so much for Hideo

Veef

#699 Post by Veef »

NOWHERE TO HIDE-O!

also i gotta say that despite having already encountered gekkos in rising, i was still grinning ear to ear when they burst in and assaulted everyone with cow.wav

moooooooooooo!

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#700 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Mikasa's not exactly a good choice as a leader either (at least as far as the anime's gotten)

There's just so many actual leaderly characters to pick from like Armin or Jean or Levi or Erwin or DOT PIXIS

eren's leadership experience consists of all of like 2 minutes before everyone died :L

also baks is that der Größe Titan :L