The Glue Factory

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: The Glue Factory

#676 Post by RogueIce »

Crazedwraith wrote:Oh yeah. I get what you're from.

OTOH, I can hardly take the moral high ground with them. Since, well, I've watch a lot of stuff on youtube and other streaming sites. Like the entire runs of Batman Beyond, JLU, MLP, Scrubs and Avatar: TLA/LOA.For example and exhaustive list.

I don't like to think of myself as entitled though. I mean if something isn't on streaming sites. I'm not going to cry foul. But I guess I don't see much harm in it either. I mean if it wasn't availble I wasn't going to go out and buy the dvds for X dollar for a programme I wasn't sure I'd enjoy. So yes, I'm not doing to producers any good and that's a shame. But its not actively knocking them back in anyay either.

This is probably the exact argument that enrages you RI. LOL.

In my defense; I did buy the entire run of BB and the uncut version of ROTJ on DVD. And I'm considering doing the same for ATLA. (Though I'm not sure the series will withstand another run through. Though the fights may be better on unchoppy DVDs)
Well if you watch the whole thing on YouTube, liked it, and never bought the DVDs because you could "always watch it later online :yarr: " I'd likely have an issue.

But you did buy at least some of the DVDs later so there's that.

I'd look at it as okay from a preview perspective (when it comes to TV shows); watch a few eps of shows that aren't airing to see if you like it, but if you do you really should buy them off iTunes or DVD sets or whatever - assuming they're available, of course.
Crazedwraith wrote:Anyhoo: Ponies! Didn't realise we were getting anymor episodes before the big finale.
This Saturday is it! Will the fandom survive? Only time will tell.
Crazedwraith wrote:Why do they keep missing weeks?
I've long since given up trying to make sense of network airing schedules. They rarely seem to make sense with random one or two week repeat runs.

I mean I don't even understand why they push mid-season breaks on us really (except maybe to drag a season out to sweeps week or whatever)...oh wait maybe that's why they do the one or two week breaks as well. Maybe The Hub wanted it aired on the 16th for...some reason?

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#677 Post by RyanThunder »

RogueIce wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:By too expensive i didn't really mean 'the company is selling this for an unreasonable price' I just meant its availble for more money than pirates are willing to sent. In most cases this any number above 0.
Indeed. Which is why I find it be such a non-excuse on their (the pirates, not you, sorry if I was unclear) part.

If they're not willing to spend any money on it, maybe they just shouldn't fucking have it then. People gotta eat, companies have to make payroll, and so on and so forth. The pirates are not entitled to jack and/or shit just because they want it but don't feel like paying for it.

Which is why the vast majority of them piss me off, because I suspect it has far more to do with some sense of entitlement than some principled stand over media not being available (region-locking), stupidly priced (more than $100 for Star Trek season DVDs?) or other legitimate gripes (bullshit software DRM).
Sometimes I torrent things to try them out before I buy them. Usually if its something expensive and I can't be bothered to wait for the price to come down. If I don't like it, I get rid of it. If I do, I go buy it.

Ralin

#678 Post by Ralin »

I just recognize that I'm a bad person and don't act all self-righteous when the copyright holder tries to crack down on it.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#679 Post by RyanThunder »

I might a little because I just use it like a demo, which almost nobody seems to provide for games any more. But eh.

evilsoup

#680 Post by evilsoup »

so I'm now convinced that Hasbro are the king of all trolls

I just
who would think that is a good idea?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#681 Post by RogueIce »

Hey, at least they're not putting humans in the show, right? :fukyu:

I don't know, it's weird. If it actually turns out to be true I might give it a shot, especially if they retain the same cast and at least some of (if not mostly/all) the crew.

But it's a spinoff, so I can keep watching my ponies and be happy even if this doesn't work out so well.

Principal Celestia should be interesting. I wonder what role Luna would play...

Veef

#682 Post by Veef »

At least they kept their pony colors so people can't get up in arms over what ethnicity they're supposed to be right?

Ralin

#683 Post by Ralin »

Veef wrote:At least they kept their pony colors so people can't get up in arms over what ethnicity they're supposed to be right?
Hahaha. Oh you.

evilsoup

#684 Post by evilsoup »

it's just
if they want to make a show appealing to teenage girls, I'd have thought that attaching the 'my little pony' brand to it would be a disadvantage
I'm still hoping that it's an elaborate troll

Veef

#685 Post by Veef »

Ralin wrote:
Hahaha. Oh you.
"GODDAMN BLUE SKINS!"

evilsoup wrote:it's just
if they want to make a show appealing to teenage girls, I'd have thought that attaching the 'my little pony' brand to it would be a disadvantage
I'm still hoping that it's an elaborate troll
As a Transformers fans, I wanted to think them letting Michael Bay direct the movies was an elaborate troll :v

evilsoup

#686 Post by evilsoup »

Oxymoron

#687 Post by Oxymoron »

D-2 to the Wingpocalypse.
No.

Crazedwraith

#688 Post by Crazedwraith »

and i still haven't seen the last episode. i may be growing out of ponies or something
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Oxymoron

#689 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, it wasn't that good in my opinion, so there's that.

Let's hope they do better in S4.
No.

Ralin

#690 Post by Ralin »

Season three has had a lot more in the way of episodes that either fell short of their premise (Keep Calm and Flutter On), fell flat (Spike At Your Service) or just flat out felt weird (Wonderbolts Academy). I don't think that's entirely a bad thing either, because it shows that the writers are pushing themselves and trying new things.

evilsoup

#691 Post by evilsoup »

Oxymoron

#692 Post by Oxymoron »

So, what you say is that Poutine need some love ?
No.

Oxymoron

#693 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#694 Post by RogueIce »

So I read a (supposed) spoiler for the finale. No source or anything but we'll see. Anyway...
Celestia sings!
If true, that'll make this the BEST. EPISODE. EVER. :flagg:

evilsoup

#695 Post by evilsoup »

I've read that spoiler already
from the sounds of it
it's a mostly-musical episode :3

Crazedwraith

#697 Post by Crazedwraith »

oh man its been too long since i saw one of those threads. like the first 50 pages of the first teo thread were nothing but pony versions of everything.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#698 Post by evilsoup »

pony versions of everything.
(also, my prediction of tomorrow's episode)

timmy

#699 Post by timmy »

Haha if only!

FLUTTERSHY: Imustn'trunawayImustn'trunawayImustn'trunawayImustn'trunaway
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#700 Post by Zablorg »

wait shit if fluttershy is shinji then who is rei