videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
F.J. Prefect, Esq

Re: videojuegos

#701 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I think maybe you are overthinking a Civ5 mod a little too much

I mean one time we played the BSG boardgame and actually started with Ellen Tigh as admiral

Gands

#702 Post by Gands »

How far down the Admiral queue is she?

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#703 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

She is fourth from the bottom

Oxymoron

#704 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#705 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

so apparently the new pokémon games are being hacked to find the currently-unreleased pokémon

legendaries? mega dragons? ancient unique pokémon?

no what I care about is this

that better be fuckin real and I better be able to get like ten

Veef

#706 Post by Veef »

i don't know if i can handle all the feels MGS4 is giving me
Call me... EVA!

BANG! BANG!

SHADOW MOSES!

otacon i had that dream again

the one where i'm a low polygon model.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#707 Post by Zablorg »

how would they go about releasing them

like events?

future games to be traded into x and y?

Veef

#708 Post by Veef »

having two buff old dudes beat the piss out of each other was truly the best was to end MGS4

i ended up finishing both that and Muvluv Alternative on the same day

i'm all outta feels to give *smirk*

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#709 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

yeeeeees!

Veef

#710 Post by Veef »

And Muv-Luv only had slightly less interactivity than MGS4 :prof:

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#711 Post by Darksi4190 »

Hey you guys. I just heard some hilarious bullshit rumors about the new WoW expansion. Get this. Supposedly Garrosh escapes justice for his crimes in Mists of Pandaria, goes back in time, and creates some sort of steampunk super horde to re-enact the first Warcraft by invading Azeroth through the dark portal, and I guess the Alliance faction just gets shafted in the story department again.

It's actually kind of funny how ridiculous internet rumors can get these days. I mean Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to shoot itself in the foot with something that stupid.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#712 Post by RogueIce »

The movie should be even better. :fukyu:

Darksi4190

#713 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah thanks for tipping me off about that, because apparently I haven't been punched in the dick enough today.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#714 Post by RogueIce »

Glad I could help. :v

Darksi4190

#715 Post by Darksi4190 »

I'm trying to think of what Blizzard could do to redeem the Warcraft franchise at this point, and i've honestly got no answer beyond "go back in time to Warcraft III and write a second draft."

Anytime I read a post or hear a statement from an Alliance fan about how they still keep playing WoW because "the next expansion will get better" it just seems so sad.

Stofsk

#716 Post by Stofsk »

They could start by firing all their shitty writers for all their games

RogueIce
#YOLO

#717 Post by RogueIce »

Pretty sure you'd have to give Metzen the boot, too. Either that or a writer's room that has enough backbone to temper his dumber ideas.

Stofsk

#718 Post by Stofsk »

RogueIce wrote:Pretty sure you'd have to give Metzen the boot, too.
This is pretty much mandatory

OTOH, Blizzard makes absurd amounts of money so there literally is no reason to fire him or anybody else

Civil War Man

#719 Post by Civil War Man »

I think a lot of Alliance players are too distracted by Blizzard acknowledging that the Draenei still exist. They pretty much haven't done anything since 2008.

Darksi4190

#720 Post by Darksi4190 »

You know, I get why Horde players are still into WoW, but at this point I don't understand why there are still any Alliance players left who follow the story. I mean they've been getting dick-slapped for what, two expansions? Three?

Every time I hear an Alliance player try to talk about how Blizzard will give them some decent content at some point, I'm reminded of a jab that Wayne Poe directed at me when I tried to defend the storyline of The Force Unleashed, about fans just making excuses for crap content in the desperate hope things will get better.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#721 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Darksi4190 wrote:I guess the Alliance faction just gets shafted in the story department again
Call me when the Alliance gets a massive and total character assassination :fukyu:

joviwan

#722 Post by joviwan »

My knowledge of warcraft lore ends with WCIII, so, uh... is there a short version of wtf has happened?

Civil War Man

#723 Post by Civil War Man »

joviwan wrote:My knowledge of warcraft lore ends with WCIII, so, uh... is there a short version of wtf has happened?
No short version, but here's a summary by expansion.

Vanilla WoW: The Alliance and Horde start fighting again because reasons. The Forsaken join the Horde but only so they have some allies while they develop a plague to wipe out all life. The Night Elves join the Alliance because the Orcs decided that the bonds that were formed from fighting the Burning Legion was not a good enough reason to stop clear-cutting Ashenvale. There's basically just a lot of stuff that happens, with no major overarching story.

Burning Crusade: The Blood Elves join the Horde because they are looking for ways to feed their magic addiction, while the Draenei (who are now light-worshipping good-aligned space demons) join the Alliance because both factions needed a new race. Demons invade through the Dark Portal. The players counter-invade and murder Illidan because fuck him, then murder Kael'thas because fuck him too. Then Kael'thas turns out to have been inadequately murdered, so the players murder him again because he's trying to use the corrupted Sunwell to summon the Burning Legion. After that, Velen, leader of the Draenei and former BFF of Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden before they turned evil, purifies the Sunwell so the Blood Elves will stop mainlining fel energy.

Wrath of the Lich King: Arthas tries to kill everyone, and so the players invade Northrend. A group of Forsaken go rogue and try to wipe out all life before Sylvanas was ready, then try to summon the Burning Legion because of course they're going to try to summon the Burning Legion. Alliance and Horde start actively fighting each other again, which is always a good idea when you are also fighting someone who can trivially turn your casualties into new soldiers for his army. The players repeatedly thwart Arthas's various plans in several zones, but the final raid reveals that he was doing a rope-a-dope. He trivially wipes the raid with a single attack, and is about to turn all of the players into an unstoppable Scourge army, but is stopped when Super Paladin Tirion Fordring remembers that Divine Shield dispels crowd control. Former Regent Lord of Stormwind Bolvar Fordragon, who was killed by the rogue Forsaken, becomes the new Lich King in order to rein in the remaining Scourge.

Cataclysm: Deathwing turns out to be not dead. He returns and blows up the planet so all of the old Vanilla zones can be redesigned. Goblins join the Horde because it makes sense. Worgen join the Alliance because both factions need a new race, then have zero impact on the game outside of their starting zone. Thrall retires as Warchief and appoints Garrosh (Grom Hellscream's long-lost son introduced back in Burning Crusade) as his replacement. Appointing a Hellscream as Warchief has predictable consequences, so now the Alliance and Horde are openly at war. Most Horde zones consist of repeatedly kicking the Alliance in the face, while most Alliance zones consist of either pop culture references or being repeatedly kicked in the face by the Horde. Cenarius gets resurrected but now doesn't hate the Horde because reasons. Malfurion becomes so neutral that he will stand by and passively watch Horde players try to kill Tyrande. Thrall then turns into a Super Saiyan and murders Deathwing. The final cinematic involves the leaders of the Dragonflights giving up their magical powers and revealing that Thrall's new girlfriend is pregnant.

Mists of Pandaria: Mists opens with Garrosh turning Theramore into a radioactive crater in an attempt to murder Jaina. This somehow makes Jaina even more committed to peace until the Blood Elves try to stab her in the back. Pandaren join both factions because most of the game takes place on their homeland and they are the only already established race that lives there. There's a bunch of vaguely Asian-themed questing in a land where the players are not allowed to be angry because feeling emotions summons soul-devouring shadow monsters. Garrosh goes insane and tries to kill everyone, including all of the non-Orc members of the Horde, but does it by trying to summon more shadow monsters instead of the Burning Legion this time. The players lay siege to Orgrimmar and beat him up. The Pandaren take him back to stand trial even though they don't have a centralized government because obviously they suffered from his warmongering more than anyone else. I mean, it's not like the Alliance had any of their cities turned into radioactive craters at his behest or anything. The Horde appoints Vol'jin as the new Warchief, and the Alliance leaves Orgrimmar standing because reasons.

joviwan

#724 Post by joviwan »

o_o

joviwan

#725 Post by joviwan »

I mean, thank you for that, I appreciate the time and effort you put into that, cause I was genuinely curious

but

o_o