Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Basic

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#701 Post by Basic »

I was wrong jester. Now is the time to start laying bets on which Dons players get suspended.

thejester

#702 Post by thejester »

Basic wrote:I was wrong jester. Now is the time to start laying bets on which Dons players get suspended.
hehehe

Guess we get to test Essendon's rogue scientist theory

Oxymoron

#703 Post by Oxymoron »

zhaktronz wrote:Someone should link the salvation war recording that uranium made
this is your lucky day:

http://soundcloud.com/harmony-ltd/balls
No.

thejester

#704 Post by thejester »

christ that book was exceptionally bad

Stofsk

#705 Post by Stofsk »

BALLS SAID LIEUTENANT MICHAEL WONG

Ralin

#706 Post by Ralin »

I really should get around to reading that someday because goddamn does it sound awesome when it's described.

Basic

#707 Post by Basic »

The concept is at least interesting, and the idea of all humanity banding together to fight inter dimensional monsters who intend to rape all human beings to death is at least enough to generate a humanity boner, the execution is just... somewhat lacking.

I think we should all also take a moment to acknowledge that Stuart is probably the first self confessed conservative westerner to write a Palestinian suicide bomber in a positive, even heroic light.

hehehe

Guess we get to test Essendon's rogue scientist theory
I'm pretty sure we're losing Crameri to this, but still...

Schadenfreude

Stofsk

#708 Post by Stofsk »

Ralin wrote:I really should get around to reading that someday because goddamn does it sound awesome when it's described.
I tried, but I literally made it to that line, which is like near the end of the first paragraph or so, before I had to stop or else I'd die from laughter

Gands

#709 Post by Gands »

By about chapter three I just... couldn't.

Here's an example. This is GWB in his command post or whatever. Imagine him saying this.
“Get word out to all our armed forces. Tell them to engage these, these things, at every opportunity. Shoot first, hit hard and keep hitting them. Let them know that we may go down but it won’t be without one hell of a fight.”

“Them Sir?”

“Them. Everybody. Our forces, the religious leaders who brought that message to us, those who the message came from. I don’t care who “they” are, either they attacked us or they betrayed us and I don’t see the difference between those who promise us an eternity of torture or those who would hand us over to that fate. They’re both our enemies now. And we’ll fight them. All of them.” Bush’s voice had gained strength and he made his commitment. “We may have believed in higher powers once, but they’ve forfeited any loyalty we may have owed them. Secretary Gates, get the word out. We fight.”

“Sir, I have to warn you, this may well be committing a war crime. We haven’t had United Nations approval for any action and without a vote in the UN, we are committing an act of aggressive war, which is a war crime. I therefore rule that we must hold off any action until there had been a full meeting of the Security Council. I will also issue orders for the pilots involved in this incident to be arrested and brought up on war crimes charges.”

There was a rumble of discontent around the war room. Bush heard it and that made up his mind. He looked at the JAG officer with contempt. “Place this man under arrest. Remove him, get rid of him. From now on, the United States will act in its own best interests and defend itself as best it can. Any other nations who want to join in this struggle are welcome to do so.”

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#710 Post by adr »

“Sir, I have to warn you, this may well be committing a war crime. We haven’t had United Nations approval for any action and without a vote in the UN, we are committing an act of aggressive war, which is a war crime. I therefore rule that we must hold off any action until there had been a full meeting of the Security Council. I will also issue orders for the pilots involved in this incident to be arrested and brought up on war crimes charges.”
holy crap that is unbelievable, a US official thinking international law applies to them too?!?!? (though of course the specific setup here is pretty clearly a straw-pacifist kind of deal. stupid liebrals)

wait a minute though who was the speaker there

I thought it was bob gates but the next paragraphs talks about a jag officer

blargh, it is really hard to follow dialog in stuart's thing the 'characters' rarely have voices of their own and even the structure of the prose is flawed

wait wait wait

JAG?!?!?!?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VjMzEijgD98

somehow I don't see admiral Chegwidden just accepting himself or one of his officers being arrested for doing his job though

oh man shit would FLY like a lawyer in a fighter jet
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Ralin

#711 Post by Ralin »

I did a new World of Darkness Hunters-esque game where the PCs met Bush towards the end and worked with him to stop the villain's endgame. When they asked why he hadn't had the cult/occult secret society's leader dealt with before he caused Hurricane Katrina I had Bush shrug and say something like, "What were we supposed to do? Assassinate an US citizen without trial or due process?"

joviwan

#712 Post by joviwan »

that is the best thing I've heard about nWoD.

adr

#713 Post by adr »

dio confuses me

"ride the tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean, oh don't you see what i mean"

no bro i don't see what you mean :( i mean this song is great but it is like you have to be on heroin to understand the lyrics :(

on the other hand, the lyrical poet, vanilla ice, speaks so clearly

"police on the scene, you know what i mean"

do you mean the police were on the scene?????

omg! i finally got one right!

Ralin

#714 Post by Ralin »

It ended up being dropped, but I had planned to include a story arc where the PCs battled a vampiric blood cult. And one of the cultists they freed would have been Anne Rice. And as a result she would have vowed to dedicate the rest of her life to Christ. So in this world the PCs would have been personally responsible for Anne Rice not writing anymore shitty vampire novels.

I figured that would be the best reward I could give.

adr

#715 Post by adr »

"Scientists turn back time, end up with the word 'emit'."

still funny the third time i've heard that joke lol

joviwan

#716 Post by joviwan »

I like the cut of your gib, ralin

Gands

#717 Post by Gands »

adr wrote:"Scientists turn back time, end up with the word 'emit'."
... i'm stealing that

Ralin

#718 Post by Ralin »

I'm still proud of my first Changeling game. I told them that it would be set in Seattle and that they should plan to have been taken around 2010 (the year at the time), but kept the details vague. And the first session consisted of them meeting while escaping through the Hedge. So they do that, kill some of their pursuers, have a tense confrontation with one of their Keepers and then make it through a portal back into our world. Where they come stumbling out into a park during a blizzard. So they do their victory dance, then turn and look behind them. And they see this: http://i.imgur.com/Kxh1B9C.png

Welcome to the Sixth World, chummers.

joviwan

#719 Post by joviwan »

:D

Ralin

#720 Post by Ralin »

When I had them meet an NPC who gave them an infodump on the history of the world in the intervening decades (a former student of one of the PCs who later became a vampire) I threw in a mention of how the Great Ghost Dance took place "the year after President Palin took office."

Suddenly no one questioned why the future was a cyberpunk dystopia.

joviwan

#721 Post by joviwan »

ahahahaha

Ralin

#722 Post by Ralin »

"Yeah, pity Huckabee had that heart attack. Man just couldn't stay on the wagon."

adr

#723 Post by adr »

hmm i was just listening to some songs by a guy named "billy joel".

he's actually not half bad

joviwan

#724 Post by joviwan »

is this overt obliviousness you cultivate here an elaborate gag or are you serious?

Ralin

#725 Post by Ralin »

I was pretty crushed when Mike Huckabee didn't win in 2008. It's what led to me deciding to emigrate after I get my master's. He won the election for my heart, and he'll always be president there.