Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
xon

Re: Godammed SDN

#7301 Post by xon »

Flagg wrote:SVPD makes me laugh. But not in a good way.
Look, it's a topic about police. SVPD & Kamakazie Sith basicly always play the white knight to whatever fucked up policing action is making headlines. And turn any reasonable discussion about policing into an unholy mess with behaviour which has actually gotten new members banned before.

Almost everytime a police topic comes up, it gets turned into an utter shitstorm without fail by those two (or similar I think sd.net has 1 more asshole cop around).

Zod
perkele

#7302 Post by Zod »

xon wrote:
Look, it's a topic about police. SVPD & Kamakazie Sith basicly always play the white knight to whatever fucked up policing action is making headlines. And turn any reasonable discussion about policing into an unholy mess with behaviour which has actually gotten new members banned before.

Almost everytime a police topic comes up, it gets turned into an utter shitstorm without fail by those two (or similar I think sd.net has 1 more asshole cop around).
Death from the sea. But I think he high-tailed it after getting called out for being a racist prick on the job.

Flagg

#7303 Post by Flagg »

Zod wrote:
xon wrote:

Death from the sea. But I think he high-tailed it after getting called out for being a racist prick on the job.

Yeah he bragged about going around telling Mexican immigrants that it was illegal for them to fly the Mexican flag in the US and then fled like a bitch after the ensuing shitstorm.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#7304 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Flagg wrote:\Wait, he's assuming that invading a larger country with an actually capable military would result in less deaths than in Iraq? A country that probably does possess WMD and could build radioactive bombs? I mean the logistics of invading alone are insane (we'd have to go through Afghanistan or do it amphibious, both of which are high casualty propositions) let alone the actual fighting involved.
Granted I don't think Iran has the capability to build a bomb, that said I'm pretty sure it's even dumber than that. The Iranian plan for fighting America is for the rest of their Armed Forces to hold us off long enough for the Revolutionary Guard to blend into the populace, direct the Basij militias as the frontline insurgents, and train the rest of the populace for a sustained insurgency. Invading Iran isn't going to be like Iraq where we had dozens of insurgent groups springing up overnight trying to to work out how to fight us as they go along, it's a unified front where they already know the best way to kill us.
xon wrote:

Look, you don't understand, it's not preferential treatment when police treat families and friends of police differently.

Flagg

#7305 Post by Flagg »

Iran has radioactive materials they could use to build dirty bombs. I have no idea how advanc3ed their nuke program is, but I hope it's on the cusp because once they have one all the talk of invading them will evaporate.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#7306 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Well as much as I'd like stability in the region with no invasions

And as much as I recognise that rhetoric is mostly empty

Frankly a country with that much deranged rhetoric with a guy like Khamenei in a position of serious importance is perhaps not the best to actually possess nuclear weapons. It's much the same reason why Israel having nuclear weapons is such a worry.

I mean yeah this is a complex issue with no easy answers but I sure as shit don't trust Rick Santorum with the keys to the nuclear arsenal and Ali Kamenei is not best described as 'reasonable'.

timmy

#7307 Post by timmy »

Israel wouldn't be such a worry if America could keep it on a leash. Unfortunately, America is like the bogans you see defending the rottie or staff or whatever, 'it's not a bad dog, it just got excited and tore that two year old girl's arm off' and other crap.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#7308 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

When Bibi said 'I want to go to war' and Obama said 'man we're with you', that was the first time that I felt that Obama really failed as King of the World. Israel is flat-out the roguest rogue state to ever rakehell in the frilled pantaloons of respectable nations, and they're able to do it because USA-onii-chan is willing to stand up for them. I hope in private the US government is telling Israel that'll leave them out to dry if they do anything stupid ... but I dunno if I'm willing to bet that.

The idea of Iran with nuclear weapons is worrying, but you know it's just another player in that zero-sun mutually assured destruction bullshit, even if its supreme leader is a fruitcake.

Flagg

#7309 Post by Flagg »

We had God-King Bush with nukes and he was a deranged lunatic, so somehow I doubt Iran will use them any more than he did. The fact is that any country that cannot wipe out the planet and has nuclear weapons knows that if you use it, you will be turned into glass and no one will step up to defend you.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#7310 Post by Aaron »

I sent Rob a pm about that testing thread, hope he takes action.

uraniun235

#7311 Post by uraniun235 »

I wouldn't say Bush was a deranged lunatic. There's all manner of shittiness you can ascribe to him, but I don't think it was due to actual mental instability.
F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:When Bibi said 'I want to go to war' and Obama said 'man we're with you', that was the first time that I felt that Obama really failed as King of the World. Israel is flat-out the roguest rogue state to ever rakehell in the frilled pantaloons of respectable nations, and they're able to do it because USA-onii-chan is willing to stand up for them. I hope in private the US government is telling Israel that'll leave them out to dry if they do anything stupid ... but I dunno if I'm willing to bet that.

The idea of Iran with nuclear weapons is worrying, but you know it's just another player in that zero-sun mutually assured destruction bullshit, even if its supreme leader is a fruitcake.
I think it's possible that Obama publicly stating the equivalent of "Israel, sit down and shut the fuck up" could result in [Republican nominee] winning the Presidency. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, this saber-rattling is out of control and the American insistence on Israeli infallibility is atrocious, I'm just saying that not backing Israel could* seriously damage Obama's re-election prospects.

(*and it might not, but there's no way the Democrats are going to take that chance)

And I think a Republican administration in 2013 would be much more likely to result in Iran actually being bombed. Especially if it's somehow Santorum, I mean I think it's very probably going to be Romney getting the nomination, but Santorum strikes me as a guy who literally thinks it would be righteous to bomb Iran right now.

That said, I wouldn't disagree with the argument that Obama should disregard the vagaries of electioneering in favor of immediately deterring an Israeli first strike on Iran.

xon

#7312 Post by xon »

Zod wrote:Death from the sea. But I think he high-tailed it after getting called out for being a racist prick on the job.
Ah that's the other one. Well his profile says his last visit was on the 18th of March 2012, where as his last (public) post was on the 24th of April 2011. Not banned however, typical.
Director of Celestial Intelligence wrote:Look, you don't understand, it's not preferential treatment when police treat families and friends of police differently.
Well, I've come to expect morally bankrupt and/or hypocritical positions being espoused by those great examples of why the Blue Wall* is bad.

*Less said about how they react to that one the better. Like insanity of crying about "bad apple spoiling the bunch" and how it isn't an issue with police PR and shouldn't be brought up when the subject is how a single bad apple spoils the PR for the entire police force.

weemadando

#7313 Post by weemadando »

Aaron wrote:I sent Rob a pm about that testing thread, hope he takes action.
What annoyed me wasn't Shep engaging in possible dog whistling, but the rallying around the "what's racist about that?" defence.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#7314 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

uraniun235 wrote:I think it's possible that Obama publicly stating the equivalent of "Israel, sit down and shut the fuck up" could result in [Republican nominee] winning the Presidency. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, this saber-rattling is out of control and the American insistence on Israeli infallibility is atrocious, I'm just saying that not backing Israel could* seriously damage Obama's re-election prospects.

(*and it might not, but there's no way the Democrats are going to take that chance)

And I think a Republican administration in 2013 would be much more likely to result in Iran actually being bombed. Especially if it's somehow Santorum, I mean I think it's very probably going to be Romney getting the nomination, but Santorum strikes me as a guy who literally thinks it would be righteous to bomb Iran right now.

That said, I wouldn't disagree with the argument that Obama should disregard the vagaries of electioneering in favor of immediately deterring an Israeli first strike on Iran.
I definitely understand the motive in public backing for Israel (though I really don't understand how Israel got to be so sacred for Americans). I'm just kind of over the 'winning elections as the ends' model of democracy.

Oxymoron

#7315 Post by Oxymoron »

In my defence, I only said that I had no idea it could be considered a racist dog-whistle and that calling Shep on it could make Flagg pass as the racist himself in this case. Or at least that's what I was trying to say ?

I think I post too much, I don't know what I'm saying anymore...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#7316 Post by Aaron »

weemadando wrote:
Aaron wrote:I sent Rob a pm about that testing thread, hope he takes action.
What annoyed me wasn't Shep engaging in possible dog whistling, but the rallying around the "what's racist about that?" defence.
My favourite is guys like Thanas "I've not heard that"

No shit? Your only an ocean away.

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#7317 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:though I really don't understand how Israel got to be so sacred for Americans

Veef

#7318 Post by Veef »

why did that shep thread get stickied?

Aaron
El Duderino

#7319 Post by Aaron »

He wants to explore the deterioration of the mall via photos after he gets back from wherever

Veef

#7320 Post by Veef »

yeah fuck that shit

he makes shitty threads and posts charts

anyone can do that

timmy

#7321 Post by timmy »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:I definitely understand the motive in public backing for Israel (though I really don't understand how Israel got to be so sacred for Americans). I'm just kind of over the 'winning elections as the ends' model of democracy.
Jews only make up 2% of the population of the U.S. The lobby groups must be fantastically well financed and organised.

-thejester

Veef

#7322 Post by Veef »

rly?

jeez most of that must be my mother's side of the family

heeyooooooooooo :v

timmy

#7323 Post by timmy »

Yeah, I know right? Jewish people are apparently a highly visible minority. Do we thank Jerry Seinfield for this?

-thejester

weemadando

#7324 Post by weemadando »

The way this is heading, I almost wish I still had a copy of my weekend of hell picture.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iHW4kYn0kY

Karza

#7325 Post by Karza »

I've been mostly willing to give Thanas the benefit of the doubt in the previous dustups about SDN modding, but that Shep thread... Jesus fuck he's going full retard there.

better knock that vendetta shit off, frod :oinkoink: