Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

Re: Godammed SDN

#8076 Post by starku »

The thread is just a train wreck and I can't be bothered posting this stuff

Its just a laugh when people say like MAYBE WAVE MORION GUN USELESS AGIANST SHIELD LOLA

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#8077 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah that was just I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP. if you believe the extreme high-end calcs the Executor might (again, might) be able to tank a shot from the WMG, but just rendering it useless?

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8078 Post by starku »

It's triple lol because all modern movies have such better high energy dogfighting

And the Cosmo tigers and gamilons are really really agile in combat and not ww2 spitfires

But nah SW guns more accurate lol

Darksi4190

#8079 Post by Darksi4190 »

I think it's really unfortunate that we didn't get to see more dogfighting in Ep III. A dogfight with modern cinematic techniques and CGI between the clone proto X-wings and the droid fighters would have been epic. For the most part TCW avoids showing the space aspect of the war too so we haven't seen any good space battles there either. It's one of the things I miss the most about the OT, the epic fighter dogfights like Yavin and Endor.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8080 Post by starku »

Dude the fucking cartoon has better high enery dogfights than the movies

It's totally an artistic choice cause ww2 is kewls lol

Darksi4190

#8081 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah I suppose. There are a bunch of scenes in the 3d series where someone has a fighter on his tail and they're both moving in a straight line and i'm like "dude just turn." I really wish they'd show better dogfights.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8082 Post by starku »

the tartakovsky cartoon has almost gundam level agility of guys corkscrewing and u-turning at massive speeds and shit and lightning-fast reactions blasting along ship superstructures and handling blind turns in an instant

fans hated it

give us more straight line flying through flak plz

Darksi4190

#8083 Post by Darksi4190 »

yeah. I think the 3d series is better in terms of overall plot and character development, but the Tartakovsky cartoon certainly had cooler space battles.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8084 Post by starku »

Well I don't care about the setting at all and find the cgi show to be fucking awful

But there's defiantly swashbuckling shit taking advantage of the medium in the cartoon

Darksi4190

#8085 Post by Darksi4190 »

Do you just not like the prequel setting, or are you fed up with SW in general like so many others?

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8086 Post by starku »

i think the show sucks because it has shit voice acting and shit art and everything i've seen is poorly directed or boring but i know heaps of people like it

i just prefer the way more pulp-accurate atmosphere of the cartoon where republic commandos pose for action shots :V

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8087 Post by starku »

also kinect star was is hells the cgi art style and i don't mind it in realtime :V

Darksi4190

#8088 Post by Darksi4190 »

So Kinect SW is fun then? Is it worth getting a Kinect for? Because there really aren't any other Kinect games i'm interested in right now, and my SW game quota is kinda full from TOR right now.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8089 Post by starku »

i'm buying it again as soon as i can get a preowned one cause i'm hells cheap :V

the rancor and dancing shit is fantasticly awesome in a pulpy campy kind of way

i sucked at the racing but it was y'know a racing thing? could be fun

the adventure thing is what i imagien the tv show to be and i didn't have any trouble with the controls
and playing coops in this shit is fucking madness, and the jedi battles actually have a sense of cinema to them because each person can see the other in the background doing COOL SHIT like flipping out and chopping droids or throwing rocks at darth vader or kicking fools off cliffs or whatever, and the badguys are often set up to reward people for helping each other out... like sherry would charge in on the magnadroids and while she was dueling it up i'd flip over it and kick it in the ass and sherry would get through its guard and have it in pieces in seconds

and somehow people say this is 'a crap sw game'

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8090 Post by adr-admin »

i kinda want to make a "movie sst vs star wars" thread

and then proceed to talk about verhoeven's social commentary contrasted to that shit bakustra has been dropping into sw threads at random

i'd love it

but i suck too much

Darksi4190

#8091 Post by Darksi4190 »

My guess is it's too much like exercise for the fatties

or it's too "casualized," whatever the fuck that means. Was there this kind of backlash over the silliness of the Lego SW games?

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8092 Post by starku »

the lego games sales really dropped off after the 'lol lego movies what a joke' thing wore off

ie lego sw 3 ie the best sw game ever made sold like 500,000 ever

kinect star wars sold like 600,000 in the first week

its funny because look to reviews and you see why - people say like 'why isn't the jedi mode in kinect star wars a game for children of 6 a totally freeform emergent force-power simulator sandbox like i want it to be'

ie sw fans simply cannot imagine anything other than their pet sw game they imagined as children

frankly i find destroying theed over and over as a rancor while fucking droid tanks and shit try to stop me is amazing fun

also adr more threads comparing, contrasting and perhaps evaluting themes is always good

especially in sst vs sw because you can see the 6 movies as a journey across sst history (where sst is arguably a new hope, after the empire takes over but before it weakens its hold on the ocmmon man)

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8093 Post by adr-admin »

Akhlut wrote:"This question has been deleted"
oh i must have fucked up the link

maybe it work this time

but anyway i was searching the web for info on traditional muslim dress and culture

and this link axed "Is it ok for a man to wear a burka or hijab?"

most the answers looked fine of course and i feel a little bit smarter now

but that one i quoted made me lol a bit

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8094 Post by starku »

anyway dude i looked in the yamato thread again sigh

yamato hits fighters/missiles moving so fast they appear onscreen as a fucking lasers with its flak battery

the explosions at the end of the blue beams are the missiles being intercepted before impact, and in motion they travel across the shot in one frame

ties well

don't

Darksi4190

#8095 Post by Darksi4190 »

God dammit. talking about the Clone Wars cartoon series made me want to go back and re-watch it, but now I can't find my DVDs

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#8096 Post by Bakustra »

adr wrote:i kinda want to make a "movie sst vs star wars" thread

and then proceed to talk about verhoeven's social commentary contrasted to that shit bakustra has been dropping into sw threads at random

i'd love it

but i suck too much
do it, i'm game for it

Darksi4190

#8097 Post by Darksi4190 »

Also speaking of terrible voice acting like stark said the 3d SW show had earlier, i'm watching the Yamato dub (Star Blazers) on hulu and what the fuck is up with desslok's voice? It's terrible.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8098 Post by starku »

Darksi4190 wrote:God dammit. talking about the Clone Wars cartoon series made me want to go back and re-watch it, but now I can't find my DVDs
the dvds i had were bullshit split up nonsense so i just downloaded them

Veef

#8099 Post by Veef »

This is how they did anime dubs back then

you have to respect it even though it's terrible

Colony Drop the website said so

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#8100 Post by Bakustra »

Veef wrote:This is how they did anime dubs back then

you have to respect it even though it's terrible

Colony Drop the website said so
bear in mind that they were being redubbed by third-string studios. they couldn't afford to get mel blanc in a million years, nor jim cummings. the end result has been a passel of fools crippled by blind nostalgia, and a reactionary tendency among others to deem all dubbed-over translations inherently worthless. shall there ever be peace? hell no.