Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
uraniun235

Re: Godammed SDN

#8926 Post by uraniun235 »

Aaron wrote:That requires lonestar to be in on it, no dice.

Maybe Mikes a closet racist.
Maybe, but I think it's more his prejudice against poor people.

Oxymoron

#8927 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, if I get right what I heard here and there, if is body-type is Asian, culturally he is very Canadian ; and I have myself encountered people who while claiming they are enlightened and tolerant, show racist attitudes, most of the time without even acknowledging it to themselves.

Racist to whom, I don't know. But I think it his plausible that he could have prejudices toward certain categories of people. Given his general attitude toward people he disagree with, and his general disdain of "stupid" people, there's only a few and easy mental leaps that could lead to racism.

TL;DR : I don't say that I think he is a closet racist. I just say I wouldn't have much difficulties believing it from personal experiences.
No.

Oxymoron

#8928 Post by Oxymoron »

uraniun235 wrote:Maybe, but I think it's more his prejudice against poor people.
Yeah, that.
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#8929 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Flagg, you do know that someone can be a bigot towards the mentally handicapped regardless of the definition you quoted, right? I could be intolerant of the special treatment these people get via government assistance. I could hate the tax payer money being used to integrate their classes into public schools because they deserve to be separated from the normal students. That's bigotry and certainly falls under the definition of "bigot."

Flagg

#8930 Post by Flagg »

Knubble tov wrote:Flagg, you do know that someone can be a bigot towards the mentally handicapped regardless of the definition you quoted, right? I could be intolerant of the special treatment these people get via government assistance. I could hate the tax payer money being used to integrate their classes into public schools because they deserve to be separated from the normal students. That's bigotry and certainly falls under the definition of "bigot."
You're right, my painkillers are fucking with me.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Losonti Tokash

#8931 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Knubble tov wrote:Flagg, you do know that someone can be a bigot towards the mentally handicapped regardless of the definition you quoted, right? I could be intolerant of the special treatment these people get via government assistance. I could hate the tax payer money being used to integrate their classes into public schools because they deserve to be separated from the normal students. That's bigotry and certainly falls under the definition of "bigot."
is this your actual opinion

Agent Bert Macklin

#8932 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
is this your actual opinion
Of course not. None of the examples are my opinions. I knew someone in high school who believed this and I decided to invoke them to show Flagg's lapse in logic.

Losonti Tokash

#8933 Post by Losonti Tokash »

sorry dude i'm just stressed out today and literally was told that last week

Akhlut

#8934 Post by Akhlut »

I just loved how pissed off Flagg was when people were asking him if he literally meant that someone actually had a developmental disability (ie, was "I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP"), yet, he himself resorted to extreme pedantry to defend his colloquial use of it as an insult.

Truly, SDNet is the internet's go-to place for pedantry. The Intellectual Crucible burns away anything that isn't an argument about semantics, definitions, or the like.
uraniun235 wrote:Maybe, but I think it's more his prejudice against poor people.
Did you know that unions are fucking awful, man? Especially the UAW. I'm glad to know that the Union my mom is a part of isn't actually trying to keep her and her coworkers from getting fired over any accidental injuries, but is instead just there to shit on management and let the "workers" sit and eat bon-bons all day for $45/hr!

Flagg

#8935 Post by Flagg »

I just don't see the word retard as a bigoted slur.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#8936 Post by Aaron »

Must be why no cars get built.

Losonti Tokash

#8937 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Flagg wrote:I just don't see the word retard as a bigoted slur.
Great, you're an asshole! You don't get to decide.

Flagg

#8938 Post by Flagg »

Losonti Tokash wrote:

Neither do you miss manners.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RogueIce
#YOLO

#8939 Post by RogueIce »

Aaron wrote:Must be why no cars get built.
They killed the Crown Vic because of the unions. :argh:
Mr.Coffee wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Fgalkin isn't a mod tho
Well, he was enough of one to edit dipstick's picture in that thread... Or he has enough pull to get someone else to do it for him which is essentially the same thing.

Anyways, his response "Size matters, hurr hurr..."
You should point out that Mike's av is Yoda and then quote "Size matters not" and see what happens. :sun:

Oxymoron

#8940 Post by Oxymoron »

Akhlut wrote:Did you know that unions are fucking awful, man? Especially the UAW. I'm glad to know that the Union my mom is a part of isn't actually trying to keep her and her coworkers from getting fired over any accidental injuries, but is instead just there to shit on management and let the "workers" sit and eat bon-bons all day for $45/hr!
Gawd. I can't stand any kind of people spouting these kind of Anti-Unions bullshit.

Sure, Unions aren't perfect and are far too often subject to abject political machinations going against the interest of the workers themselves ; but without them workers would still be working more than 12 hours a day 6 or 7 days per week, without any kind of paid vacation, medical coverage or social safety net.

Fucking short-sighted assholes.
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8941 Post by Aaron »

Flagg wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:

God, shut the fuck up. Heaven forbid that people treat others with a bit of courtesy, that's why nothing ever gets agreed on at TEO, posturing and insults are more important then discussion.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8942 Post by starku »

mockery of stupid people = do whatever you want lol

Akhlut

#8943 Post by Akhlut »

Stupid being, you know, whatever I disagree with at the time.

Oxymoron

#8944 Post by Oxymoron »

Dang people.. Is that so fucking hard to be courteous to each other ? Have you no goddamn education ?

I get some are stressed out and others have anger management issues but it does not justify lashing at each other in an uncivilized manner. "Miss manner" is one thing, acting like pricks is another.

If you can't even get to discuss with someone without being aggressive jerks maybe you should consider just shutting up ?
No.

Flagg

#8945 Post by Flagg »

Aaron wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:

God, shut the fuck up. Heaven forbid that people treat others with a bit of courtesy, that's why nothing ever gets agreed on at TEO, posturing and insults are more important then discussion.
:america:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#8946 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

look man we have to be as literal-minded as possible or the demons of figurative language will graft metaphors onto our eyes
:D

i love you guys
Truly, SDNet is the internet's go-to place for pedantry. The Intellectual Crucible burns away anything that isn't an argument about semantics, definitions, or the like.
ye-ah

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#8947 Post by Bakustra »

remember that teo was founded by people who believed that it was impossible to have moderation that fomented discussion rather than curtailing it

this explains so much about the moderation and administration style

Losonti Tokash

#8948 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i'm not polite to people who use racial or homophobic slurs, i'm not going to make an exception for something just as bad because it's not seen as a big deal, especially in the face of willful ignorance and stubborn pedantry

Akhlut

#8949 Post by Akhlut »

Fuck you and your miss manners bullshit, jerkface. I can objectively prove that that miss manners shitarama is shit and cuntburgers. Wanna debate? (directed towards Oxymoron, btw)

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#8950 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

well why do folks go every day to a dull ass psychophysioemotionospiritually stunted place to find worthless bullshit to get riled up at fatsos and engage in pages of uselessness just to stroke the ego and huff and puff and prove who's the bigger tryhard blowhard?

the same reason why some folks can't communicate like decent folks is the same reason why they love going to teo to fuck around or to prattle like blowhards or act big or pose around or shit

they've got something fundamentally wrong or inadequate or incomplete or broken or just stunted and teo - or acting like a fatso inside or outside teo - is a crutch for these guise