#9101 Post by Veef »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 4&t=154893

we didn't just make Steambot Chronicles the MMO

honestly

Dooey Jo

Re: Godammed SDN

#9102 Post by Dooey Jo »

haven't seen her in years

ps cross-platform isn't a big deal with unity (except for fucking ios goddamnit apple die now khtx)
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Aaron
El Duderino

#9103 Post by Aaron »

Robot kit bashing...

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#9104 Post by starku »

I lost my decals :(

Aaron
El Duderino

#9105 Post by Aaron »

Can I carry a literal box of bits around? Possibly have them in a bin on its back?

Veef

#9106 Post by Veef »

Aaron wrote:Robot kit bashing...

How do you think people make sweet custom model kits :prof:

adr-admin
Site Admin

#9107 Post by adr-admin »

wow that's a blast from the past

Sokartawi is probably the most direct reason i joined teo

poor bastard was getting the IMPERIAL SMACKDOWN in some thread about morality and i wanted to jump in

but by the time the account was activated the thread was dead

Questor

#9108 Post by Questor »

He's back!

Where! Is he still an idiot? I figured his attitude would have led to predictable results by now.

I had always assumed Sokartawi was female for some reason, will go with male until proven otherwise.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#9109 Post by Bakustra »

What's great about those threads is that they show that the general climate was always so intolerant that they were a-ok with doing their best to drive someone off the board and/or convert them for having a non-mainstream but entirely harmless opinion.

weemadando

#9110 Post by weemadando »

Veef wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 4&t=154893

we didn't just make Steambot Chronicles the MMO

honestly
Not just being a derivative product (post apocalyptic chibi robo MMO? MEIN GOTT), it seems they have some misconceptions about how much time and money they're actually going to have post Kickstarter.

I'd love to see their business plan (hence some of the questions I've asked). I mean, anyone who has had a wedding or worked in a job where you have to do mailouts can tell you how soul-crushing and tiresome it is to send out even 40 or 50 letters which need to be hand addressed. They, if funded, could have 3400 to send (at a minimum) that's probably a week of their "project" time down the drain if they have all their staff working on boxing up and mailing out this stuff.

I like Kickstarter, but as a "user" I look hard at projects before I pledge. And this one fails to add up - even if it launches successfully, what is their market? Have they actually done market research or is this just a pet project?

At least it's not as hilarious as The lottery winner who wanted 1.1m funding to make a MMORPG despite have zero experience with game production.

Zod
perkele

#9111 Post by Zod »

oh my god it's comic book guy

weemadando

#9112 Post by weemadando »

Jose Arcadio Bakendia wrote:What's great about those threads is that they show that the general climate was always so intolerant that they were a-ok with doing their best to drive someone off the board and/or convert them for having a non-mainstream but entirely harmless opinion.
It's what makes it so fucking boring.

Dissenting opinions are driven off by the unending dog-piling of shitheads.

Actual, debatable topics are locked behind moratoriums/"we've talked about this before" bullshit in order to stop idiots from showing off their idiocy.

When I actually cared enough to not just bitch on a different forum about said forum, I was wanting to introduce a usergroup "The Devil's Advocates" who come up with a debate concept and trigger it or take a contrary position to accepted board thinking in debates.

Which is honestly what most of us do now, but I guess we're just troublemakers.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#9113 Post by Bakustra »

I actually rarely take on contrary positions out of contrariness- my positions are merely rare enough to be controversial even when I'm being entirely sincere. But I do admit to wanting to post something along the lines of "free-market capitalism is inherently racist and here's why", as long as I could get Surlethe 2.0 or Zentei to post in the thread (Harvey Birdman the Con Artist wouldn't be fun enough). But I doubt that it would get them to post and really make things fun.

weemadando

#9114 Post by weemadando »

Attn: The people of Australia.

Using the word "Dog" as a perjorative will immediately make me disregard anything you have to say, now and into the future, because you are a terrible, criminal, bogan scumbag.

Thank you.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#9115 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

bad hobbits curtain cliques zomg if u dun wan srs bsnss go HEREZORS INSTEADS!!!! sig quote
Jose Arcadio Bakendia wrote:What's great about those threads is that they show that the general climate was always so intolerant that they were a-ok with doing their best to drive someone off the board and/or convert them for having a non-mainstream but entirely harmless opinion.
yeah i didn't realize it so much as feel it

when i went about imperialism of the mind concentration camps of the soul prefabricating dour sameness like bland flavorless gruel to imprison the imagination

turns out that was teo

their cholesterol levels are the demons

and then john was balls said lieutenant ike ong bak as he backflipped off the tusks of his an/spqrsdn-117/11 elephantine at-at to deliver a flaming maverick amraam spinning heel kick at the satans face to assume vaporization in order to retrieve the sacred neutronium ICS shrine statue and return it to the temple of the smartest crucibloids of the interllectualnets

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#9116 Post by starku »

mike is asking on facebook reports fgalkin

- fgalkin

Shroom Man 777

#9117 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

what

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#9118 Post by starku »

weemadando wrote:I like Kickstarter, but as a "user" I look hard at projects before I pledge. And this one fails to add up - even if it launches successfully, what is their market? Have they actually done market research or is this just a pet project?

I'm curious how much of this scruntiny plays into the much higher maintenance required by smaller investors (ie kickstarter 'pledges').

keeping them happy while continuing development is apparently quite a task for some small groups; i've read a bunch of interesting stuff around how communities who paid something for nothing can become incredibly hostile and controlling afterward

i mean being smart about spending is one thing, but you obviously put more thought into kickerstarter stuff than horrid fps on steam #231, and i think that's reflected by the community of pre-paid customers the company then has to deal with... especialy when 'the company' is three guys none of whom know anything baout business or maybe even communication and all the 'investors' are hopelessly ignorant of the process themselves

edit the shroom - in the thread about DEATH BY SEX fgalkin seriously posted that

MIKE IS ASKING A QUESTION ELSEWHERE WHICH I WILL REPEAT TO YOU NOW

you konw if mike is asking it, it must be a good question

but he's busy right now

busy with facebook

Stofsk

#9119 Post by Stofsk »

mike's question was really stupid too

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#9120 Post by starku »

that's why its so funny that fgalkin the dauphin is so loyally repeating the epistles of their lord and father

i cant wait for it to be accepted method

WELL MIKE SAYS

Shroom Man 777

#9121 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

balls

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#9122 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

A MMORPG Game built by gamer's, for gamer's and funded by gamer's.

:fukyu:

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#9123 Post by starku »

Cait be as bad as that Australian one

weemadando

#9124 Post by weemadando »

starku wrote:
weemadando wrote:I like Kickstarter, but as a "user" I look hard at projects before I pledge. And this one fails to add up - even if it launches successfully, what is their market? Have they actually done market research or is this just a pet project?

I'm curious how much of this scruntiny plays into the much higher maintenance required by smaller investors (ie kickstarter 'pledges').

keeping them happy while continuing development is apparently quite a task for some small groups; i've read a bunch of interesting stuff around how communities who paid something for nothing can become incredibly hostile and controlling afterward

i mean being smart about spending is one thing, but you obviously put more thought into kickerstarter stuff than horrid fps on steam #231, and i think that's reflected by the community of pre-paid customers the company then has to deal with... especialy when 'the company' is three guys none of whom know anything baout business or maybe even communication and all the 'investors' are hopelessly ignorant of the process themselves
I'll let you into the secret now.

Ridiculous impulse purchases on Steam are about instant gratification (and possibly a remnant of arcade mentality - put $2 into a machine that looks cool) and so by spending a little bit on whatever new shiny there is, I don't feel that bad. Like the latest Indie Bundle I went for which had Weird Worlds. Worth the price of admission for that alone because I had a jonesing for it after talking about Strange Adventures with you the other day.

Kickstarter, because there's no instant return, I apply I higher level of scrutiny because there's no guarantee that I will see anything for my money. Of course, not everyone looks at it that way though.

I think I've mentioned on here before the Serellan forums where the "Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter" Kickstarter game is based. Holy shit, it's a cesspool of entitled idiots. Check it out for a luagh. http://www.serellan.com/forums/

weemadando

#9125 Post by weemadando »

starku wrote:Cait be as bad as that Australian one
Fury?

The hilarious thing there is that Dick Smith and other retailers still are selling it for full price. A game that you literally cannot play anymore.

I wonder how many kids get given that for their birthdays and then post angsty youtube vlogs about it?