Oxymoron

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#926 Post by Oxymoron »

Emperor Leto II Atréide
No.

Gands

#927 Post by Gands »

Flagg wrote:Christ, what kind of fucking mutant is conservative at 16?
Insecure ones easily buying into the churchteen rhetoric.

I've known more than a few. Soon having a friend like me was apparently distasteful.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#928 Post by Phantasee »

starku wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:holy shit, she starts off with generalizations about sikhs, duchess says they're warlike, and now broom is lecturing everyone about how positive stereotypes are still racist

what the fuck is going on in there
Intellectual crucible

Ps of you consider the thread
It's obvious broomstick has been off readi wiki between her first posts and the rest

But does it get more racist than sea skimmers' drive by 'Sikhs blew up bombs once homogenous monolith'
There's more support for that than you'd think. Not in the explicit "good job" type support but while there's acknowledgement it was generally wrong, nobody ever says it was a Very Bad Thing and the motives aren't really uncommon as one would expect.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#929 Post by Phantasee »

I didn't really read that in Skimmer's post, honestly.

Straha
Lecturer

#930 Post by Straha »

I hate people like Broomstick more than anyone else (I even presented a paper at a conference which was essentially me blaming all sorts of bad shit in the Arab Spring on the way people like her look at the world.) Say what you will about try-hards (to extend this TEO metaphor, like Purple), blowhards (like BO), straight up assholes (like DW), and the scum of the Earth like the people on HPCA, at least they understand that there's more out there than their own existence and try to reach out and understand it, even if only a little. For people like Broomstick that thought never crosses her head. She categorizes everything she learns by the reference points already in her head, and doesn't need anything more than that, thank you very much. What makes this so much worse is that if you disagree with her or try to call her out she has to take it like a personal attack, because in her mind you are accusing her of being fundamentally inadequate. Of lacking something necessary to engage the world. That's why any conversation with her, or people of her ilk, either turns into a bitching fiasco or hostile education. There is simply no other way to approach the issues. For the detriment of us all.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Aaron
El Duderino

#931 Post by Aaron »

You Dan, i can understand that attitude from the guys who have been overseas, so every brown guy is a hadji that might kill you.

But not from a guy who runs a milwank sub forum and apparently does nothing but read field manuals.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#932 Post by Phantasee »

I mean he seems to be saying that from the perspective of the shooter, Air India bombing wouldn't really be a reason to shoot up a Gurdwara, while more recent terror acts by Muslim groups would be.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#933 Post by Phantasee »

Oh look posts

RogueIce
#YOLO

#934 Post by RogueIce »

Phantasee wrote:Have you ever met someone who just didn't give a fuck about their own ignorance of a subject, and still insisted on charging into a discussion even though they have nothing to contribute?
Every time the police and gun control get brought up?

:smugdog:

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#935 Post by Phantasee »

that too

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#936 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I just did my powerpoint presentation. I already had an upset stomach due to (I think) food poisoning, and I guess the added stress just pushed me over the edge. I had to run to the bathroom and throw up all over myself.

So now i'm sitting here, reeking of puke, waiting for my classmates to finish their presentations.

Joy.

Oxymoron

#937 Post by Oxymoron »

Who has classes in august, anyway ???
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#938 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Who has classes in august, anyway ???
Summer classes.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#939 Post by adr-admin »

i really should go outside but im so lazy and it is getting late and i just dont feel like doing the same lil road and blargh

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#940 Post by Phantasee »

get your ass to mars outside

adr-admin
Site Admin

#941 Post by adr-admin »

lol i did a pathetically pathetic 6 mile ride (hey better than none, right) and i think on the way back i saw the group from the bike shop on the road

i thought about joining them or passing htem but figured that'd be intruding and i'd risk being counter-passed (i hate thinking i'm weak when someone else is looking...) so i just sat up and let them lose me (which might have made me look even weaker :( :( :( )

but anyway it made me check their faecbook paeg just to see what it saiz
Are you riding or hiding?
6:00PM Road Ride.
Get you lazy butt down here.
lol

joviwan

#942 Post by joviwan »

Do we have a drizzadogs or XBL thread? I just got my box working again, and am sinking my teeth into the game finally, but I think I only have Los and Ando friended.

I do not have a headset right now, sorry.

Aaron
El Duderino

#943 Post by Aaron »

Pimpley Bum. Think i have a mage.

joviwan

#944 Post by joviwan »

Added you, thanks!

timmy

#945 Post by timmy »

starku wrote:Tbh I hate shit like I KNOW A SIKH HE'S NICE

I've met maye five my whole life and I'm not about to make generalizations about a group I don't understand based on that because I'm not racist
I knew a sikh in school and he was a cunt

Funny too because his dad was a nice bloke
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

weemadando

#946 Post by weemadando »

I PM'd Phant at SDN this, but it honestly works here too, this is the level of reply I expected (and mentally substituted).

Lonestar wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Don't tell me what you think you know about the Sikh Diaspora, please.

Look, I've been to a 7-11.

Aaron
El Duderino

#947 Post by Aaron »

Man PeZook and edi seriously need to examine themselves if that thread upset them. Like see a doctor cause that ain't normal.

Agent Bert Macklin

#948 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:Man PeZook and edi seriously need to examine themselves if that thread upset them. Like see a doctor cause that ain't normal.
I was getting annoyed that it was a bunch of random talk with pictures. I kept thinking Broomstick had come back with an update.

Aaron
El Duderino

#949 Post by Aaron »

We did that on purpose to clog the thread till a mod came to fix my boo-boo. Broomstick never posts anything relevant, interesting or insightful anyways. Your better off talking to the wall.

Aaron
El Duderino

#950 Post by Aaron »

What the hell is your av?