Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Nietzslime
Give these people air!

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#1026 Post by Nietzslime »

i really liked les mis
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

thejester

#1027 Post by thejester »

Just found out my uncle's country block got burnt out in a bushfire. There was a house and a couple of shacks he built, all gone. Which I guess in a sense isn't a massive deal given the house was derelict and the shacks were, well, shacks that he doesn't actually live in - but there were a lot of memories in there, especially of his old man/my grandad who has since passed away. What makes it really galling is that the fire was cause of his fuckwit neighbour who had a burn off that got out of control - no permit, and on a total fire ban day. Even the most fucking urban hipster can't-tell-the-difference-between-a-cow-and-a-horse knows you don't burn off in the middle of summer!

timmy

#1028 Post by timmy »

There are always fuckwits though. The Lake Repulse fire the other day(9000 hectares gone) was started by a improperly doused campfire. Oh, and as for fuckwits... Bogans have been caught looting the decimated town of Primrose Sands less than 24 hours after the firestorm swept through.

Where'd this happen?
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1029 Post by RyanThunder »

So, that makes me really, really, really mad for some reason so don't take any of what I'm about to say seriously because its probably a terrible idea anyway

they should send the army in to shoot people found looting

like, quietly ask residents to stay out for a week or something

then just kill anybody they find

Oxymoron

#1030 Post by Oxymoron »

'Cause that worked so well in New Orleans. :fukyu:
No.

Zod
perkele

#1031 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:So, that makes me really, really, really mad for some reason so don't take any of what I'm about to say seriously because its probably a terrible idea anyway

Until you accidentally shoot a legitimate home owner trying to reclaim what belongings they can lolwhoops.

evilsoup

#1032 Post by evilsoup »

I can't help but feel that death is a disproportionate punishment for stealing/vandalism

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1033 Post by RogueIce »

Indeed.

We all know the correct course of action is to lop off a hand.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1034 Post by Phantasee »

Proportional response!
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#1035 Post by Zod »

On the other hand coming from someone who usually wants to ban guns this kind of response is pretty funny.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1036 Post by RyanThunder »

Zod wrote:
RyanThunder wrote:So, that makes me really, really, really mad for some reason so don't take any of what I'm about to say seriously because its probably a terrible idea anyway

Until you accidentally shoot a legitimate home owner trying to reclaim what belongings they can lolwhoops.

Oxymoron

#1037 Post by Oxymoron »

Nah, we aren't getting mad. We're just commenting on the idea itself, no worry.

I can sympathize with the sentiment, but I agree with Evilsoup that as despicable as that kind of behaviour is, death penalty would be an overreaction.
No.

evilsoup

#1038 Post by evilsoup »

I think it's that you wrote 'probably a bad idea', it reads like an invitation to tell you why the idea is a bad one

Oxymoron

#1039 Post by Oxymoron »

Yeah, what he said.
No.

Oxymoron

#1040 Post by Oxymoron »

Oxymoron wrote:death penalty would be an overreaction.
Well, on the other hand I'm against death penalty [1], so I'm biased on that particular point.

[1] I used to be for it in the most vile case, but then I thought for a bit, and saw that not only did it contradict some of my core beliefs, but also on a purely practical basis you would never be able to ensure with a 100% certainty that the person judged is undoubtedly guilty of the fact it is judged for, which would be the condition I'd set for the application of death penalty - given how definitive such a penalty would be, you want to be ABSOLUTELY certain of such a thing.
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1041 Post by RyanThunder »

evilsoup wrote:I think it's that you wrote 'probably a bad idea', it reads like an invitation to tell you why the idea is a bad one
I guess there's an infinitesimally small probability that something I write in a frothing rage is a good idea but

...nah :lol:

timmy

#1042 Post by timmy »

Worse is that there are keyboard vigilantes on facebook talking the same noise and putting up vague descriptions that could easily lead to trouble.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1043 Post by RyanThunder »

fair enough

Zod
perkele

#1044 Post by Zod »

"Frothing rage" is kind of a lame excuse for "didn't think before posting".

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1045 Post by RyanThunder »

Are you functionally illiterate or what?

Zod
perkele

#1046 Post by Zod »

Manus Dei

#1047 Post by Manus Dei »

Oxymoron wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:death penalty would be an overreaction.
Well, on the other hand I'm against death penalty [1], so I'm biased on that particular point.

[1] I used to be for it in the most vile case, but then I thought for a bit, and saw that not only did it contradict some of my core beliefs, but also on a purely practical basis you would never be able to ensure with a 100% certainty that the person judged is undoubtedly guilty of the fact it is judged for, which would be the condition I'd set for the application of death penalty - given how definitive such a penalty would be, you want to be ABSOLUTELY certain of such a thing.
Regardless on whether you think the death penalty is good or bad in principle, as long as you acknowledge that no justice system is 100% infallible you have to accept that eventually it'll end up killing an innocent person.

I mean, then you get to argue whether the dubious advantages of having capital punishment outweigh those deaths or not, but that's a whole different argument.
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Zod
perkele

#1048 Post by Zod »

So I crawled out of my shell and went to an actual nightclub by myself. As much as I enjoyed the accidental groping I really need a date for that sort of thing.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1049 Post by Phantasee »

Zod wrote:So I crawled out of my shell and went to an actual nightclub by myself. As much as I enjoyed the accidental groping I really need a date for that sort of thing.
i'm so proud of you
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#1050 Post by Zod »

It wasn't much of a big step or anything. My dance style can be described as "white guy shuffle".