Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#1101 Post by Darksi4190 »

Huh. So I think my monitor just shit out on me. The computer starts up fine, but the monitor won't start up. I have another monitor, but it doesn't support my comp's current resolution because it's really old, so all I get is a blank screen when windows starts running.

Oxymoron

#1102 Post by Oxymoron »

Obvious question, just so it's out of the way : is everything plugged correctly ? No false-contact or something like that ?
No.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1103 Post by Darksi4190 »

hmm. Unhooking the monitor from the computer and hooking it back up seems to have gotten it working. This has me worried. I don't know what could've happened. My mom says it just blinked out when she was using it before I woke up this morning. I wonder what could've cause that.

This isn't the first time i've had problems with it either. Yesterday I tried to start Starcraft II, and the monitor blanked out when the game started, but the monitor powers up fine when it isn't hooked in to the computer. I hope it's an issue with the monitor and not the computer I just spend 800 dollars to build.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1104 Post by Phantasee »

Last night was a shit show.

Friend A got dumped earlier this week. She got really drunk at her place that she shares with Friend B where we were cutting the cake for Friend C's birthday. Friend C and her boyfriend who is like Friend R for me (in terms of closeness, though I know his cousins pretty well and am close to them). Friend A and B are supposed to ride with me to the bar after. Friend A gets really really upset (understandably) and kills the mood. We put her to bed and go to make an appearance at the bar.

Bar is apparently set of Cheers remake because I know a ton of people from school and elsewhere*. Where Friend R reveals to me he thinks he needs to break up with Friend C because it isn't going to work out for reason XYZ (mostly valid IMO). Then he leaves just after midnight (when it's actually Friend C's birthday). She gets upset that he left her on her birthday, starts crying at the bar

We go to McDonald's and go back to the apartment to eat, where Friend C cries in the bathroom until she goes to bed. I stay up until late talking to Friend B who I think I've been falling for the last few weeks and I am unsure of if she feels the same. Also if we do anything we will probably end up like Friend C and Friend R where I will realize it won't work anymore and will have to end it. Which might be an artifact of my last break up, it making me hesitant to try again. So that's a problem.

And now I have to drive three hours to Calgary thru shitty highways for a two hour meeting and three hours back after three hours sleep.

I hope this day doesn't end in tears too.

*Reviewing Instagram this morning I'm convinced all my friends that weren't out of town or in bed by 10 were in that bar last night.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1105 Post by Phantasee »

I'm mostly writing this to wrap my head around what happened last night because crowded bars are not the ideal place to understand a coherent chain of events.

Bonus: sorta unhinged pseudo-ex was there celebrating her birthday and she tried to corner me, thank fuck I dodged that bullet.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1106 Post by RyanThunder »

Hey Phant, as a conservative party member what do you think of mass transit in general and trains in particular?

EDIT: not looking to start an argument, btw, I want to try to understand things from your perspective.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1107 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Phant, are you worried about the pain of ending a relationship itself or the effect it could have on your friendship? If it's the latter, you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't do something like break up with someone by wordlessly vanishing forever on their birthday, so odds are fairly decent you'd be able to keep the friendship if it didn't work out.

magic princess

#1108 Post by magic princess »

Arguing on TEO is like going on a Vodka bender. Fortunately, unlike a vodka bender, it doesn't wreck your liver, because I still do it too damned much (even though I do it a lot less than I used to).

Zod
perkele

#1109 Post by Zod »

I think I'd get more enjoyment out of a vodka bender.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1110 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:I think I'd get more enjoyment out of a vodka bender.

magic princess

#1111 Post by magic princess »

I gotta say, Flagg, you at least make it fun. When I read your question in that thread my response was like, "well, what the hell do I do now except double down?"

magic princess

#1112 Post by magic princess »

p.s., I may lie, but I don't break promises. Check the thread again.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#1113 Post by Zablorg »

magic princess wrote:p.s., I may lie, but I don't break promises. Check the thread again.
what if you are lying about that

magic princess

#1114 Post by magic princess »

*giggles* good point. But I literally can't post any other evidence without breaking my family's privacy, and I don't value my firearms enough to bring my wife into this like I said, so those three screencaps are all I'm offering.

Flagg

#1115 Post by Flagg »

Haha I believe you, don't worry. BTW, never stop being you. I'm dead serious.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1116 Post by Phantasee »

RyanThunder wrote:Hey Phant, as a Progressive Conservative party member what do you think of mass transit in general and trains in particular?

EDIT: not looking to start an argument, btw, I want to try to understand things from your perspective.
Ftfy

Fucking important. It's a priority for both Edmonton and Calgary, and HSR is a long term project we are moving towards doing in the next twenty years.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1117 Post by Phantasee »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Phant, are you worried about the pain of ending a relationship itself or the effect it could have on your friendship? If it's the latter, you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't do something like break up with someone by wordlessly vanishing forever on their birthday, so odds are fairly decent you'd be able to keep the friendship if it didn't work out.
This is really reassuring and I appreciate that you said this. Thank you so much.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1118 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I get the feeling that was sarcasm :L

Sorry, I was out of it when I wrote that. I hope the intent at least came through :P

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1119 Post by Phantasee »

Completely serious, dude.