generic vidja gaems

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Manus Dei

Re: generic vidja gaems

#76 Post by Manus Dei »

What's the Leviathan Dlc for Mass Effect 3 like? Worth getting? Is it on the same level of quality as the Shadow Broker for ME2?
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#77 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I've joined a guild in SW: TOR. Hopefully i'll be able to find a large enough group to do operations and other end-game stuff now.

Karza

#78 Post by Karza »

Anyone given Planetside 2 a go yet?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#79 Post by RogueIce »

Never even heard of it and I can't be bothered to google it (take that trademark!)

Provide details plz?

joviwan

#80 Post by joviwan »

Persistent Combined-Arms-FPS MMO. Three warring factions, huge quantities of dudes, experience points used to purchase perks and equipment upgrades, enormous world.

Free on steam. There's a bit of barrier to entry in terms of "how do I play this game" because there are no in-game tutorials. You create a dude, pick a faction, and then you're dropped out of the sky into a battlefield on a random squad somewhere, land on the ground, stumble out, then get run over by a tank.

I'm not even kidding. In this game, selecting your character from the menu basically begins the orbital insertion on a random squad. After that you can try to find the closest station to figure out wtf you want to do, or get run over by a tank and do it from the spawn menu.

They have a ton of official video tutorials, which will take a while to watch. Once you get past the hurdle of 'how do I interface with the game" it can be fun.

Oxymoron

#81 Post by Oxymoron »

That sound fun, in a masochistic kind of way.

It's free you say ? I might give it a try.
No.

Karza

#82 Post by Karza »

At least yesterday there was some kind of a general balls-up regarding the EU client in Steam. Apparently Europeans got the US client instead of the EU one, and an EU account won't work with a US client.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#83 Post by RogueIce »

joviwan wrote:Free on steam.
Sadly my irrational unwillingness to ever allow Steam to be installed on any computer I own means I can not experience this game unless there's a non-Steam version. :(

Oxymoron

#84 Post by Oxymoron »

http://www.planetside2.com/

Do I have to do everything for you ? :argh:
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#85 Post by RogueIce »

Of course not!

joviwan was supposed to do that for me instead. :fukyu:

EDIT: It's not bundled with Steam right? Man why even say that it's "free on steam" if Steam isn't required?

See what you've done now joviwan! :argh:

Losonti Tokash

#86 Post by Losonti Tokash »

why do you even care

joviwan

#87 Post by joviwan »

Because Steam is extremely convenient and pretty easy to use.

If you don't want to use Steam, you can go dig it up elsewhere. Like the website.

And it's technically Freemium. You can sub to get more XP and cert rewards, and priority queuing, or you can just play for free.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#88 Post by RogueIce »

I don't want Steam installed on my system, that's why I care. It's my computer so I can not install what I want. :colbert:

But as long as the website download doesn't involve Steam I could give this a shot.

joviwan

#89 Post by joviwan »

So I beat AssCreed 3.
I know that the entire premise of the story was hunting for a deus ex machina, but I managed to still be kind of disappointed and underwhelmed when actually presented with one. Desmond having to make a heroic sacrifice was random and forced, and also disappointing because after 5 games he was finally starting to be fucking interesting.

I really liked short bits of the game where you get to do assassin things in the real world. It was cool that it was almost entirely without UI or notifications except for detection triangles, and you had to rely on cues and observation rather than just being told when to hit the buttons.

Conner's story got kind of fragmented and stiff at the end of the game, and didn't feel very coherent.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#90 Post by Darksi4190 »

Ugh. TOR's trooper endgame on Corellia is really starting to test my patience. The maps are huge, and there's no binding points for you to quick move to so it's a bitch to get around. And they randomly stick enemies on the road that you have to fight if you want to progress. I'm lvl 50 dammit! I don't want to fight anymore outside of the quest and bonus requirements.

Manus Dei

#91 Post by Manus Dei »

Darksi4190 wrote:Ugh. TOR'strooper endgame on Corellia isreally starting to test my patience. The maps are huge, and there's no binding points for you to quick move to so it's a bitchto get around. And they randomly stick enemies on the road that you have to fight if you want to progress. I'm lvl 50 dammit! I don't want to fight anymore outside of the quest and bonus requirements.
:v
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

joviwan

#92 Post by joviwan »

TOR is a terrible game, and the only fun that can be extracted out of it is finding a couple of very patient friends to play with you at prescheduled times.

joviwan

#93 Post by joviwan »

So I span up drizzadogs again cause I got distracted and never finished, so I'm going at it again

Apparently I saved out in the middle of nowhere, going on some sidequest. Which is fine and ordinary

what is not ordinary is that I am saved next to a fucking DRAGON. Just sitting out in the middle of the fucking forest. Surrounded by hobgoblins.

Now I know I've never fought a dragon, so I didn't like, rage quit at the dragon, forget there was a dragon, and start playing again

I just stopped playing and saved one day, 100 feet from a dragon that I didn't see

this gonna be tricky.

Losonti Tokash

#94 Post by Losonti Tokash »

So you're at the camp by the shadow fort, right? With a dragon a bit to the west? Did you go through the mining tunnels to get there or did you go the long away around south from Cassardis?

joviwan

#95 Post by joviwan »

I was going the long way, because the mining tunnels are a little rough with my entirely female party.

I don't think I've quite reached the camp yet. I've been hugging the side of the mountain on my right hand side for a while now, from what I can tell, and my immediate surroundings are biggish rocks, grass, and a modestly wooded foresty area. It also looks like I recently passed over some small cliffs that have rolling boulders like every two feet. I want to say I've just gotten through the vestad hills.

I'd load up and just straight up tell you where I am (because my memory is probably wrong) but my xbox is all packed up for my plane ride tomorrow.

The two worst things about being parked right next to this bastard are "every goblin has a god damned horn" and he's constantly "YOUR BROTHER'S SOUL IS MINE" on my best pawn.

Oxymoron

#96 Post by Oxymoron »

Man, I've been trying to get back to the Fallout New Vegas game I had left a few month ago... Everytime there's a load screen there a 33% chance the game will crash, and otherwise the game will crash once every ten-fifteen minutes.

Fuck this shit.

I think it's a problem between the game's engine and the graphic card's driver.

What's interesting is that the bigger my screen's size, the more the game will crash. It's a pretty direct correlation.

Fucking Bethesda and their goddamn engines of doom.
No.

Zod
perkele

#97 Post by Zod »

If you have the 360 version of New Vegas you can expect a massive game slowdown about 75% through the game. When I played through it, it was taking upwards of 10-15 seconds to pull up inventory menus. Completely absurd.

Losonti Tokash

#98 Post by Losonti Tokash »

raptr tells me i've played 190 hours of new vegas and i've had a corrupted autosave once

other than that nothing

Aaron
El Duderino

#99 Post by Aaron »

Aside from random slow downs, crashes and textureless ground, all the lever actions would jam up in VATs.

evilsoup

#100 Post by evilsoup »

I've never had any problems with any of the bethesda fallout games lol