SandyWatch 2012

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
F.J. Prefect, Esq

Re: SandyWatch 2012

#26 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Metatwaddle wrote:This is the Con Ed powerhouse at 14th St. and Avenue D. The explosion starts about 3:10.
Jesus Christ.

Losonti Tokash

#27 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I'm seriously concerned about the homeless population because a lot of them spend their nights in the subway and sewers and I haven't heard anyone talking about them.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#28 Post by RogueIce »

Losonti Tokash wrote:I'm seriously concerned about the homeless population because a lot of them spend their nights in the subway and sewers and I haven't heard anyone talking about them.
Presumably when they had the subways shut down, you'd think they did a sweep for people to make sure. Maybe.

Actually since FL doesn't have subways at all, do they normally lock up and close and homeless just get in there anyway, or are they always "open" as far as access, at least?

Zod
perkele

#29 Post by Zod »

RogueIce wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:I'm seriously concerned about the homeless population because a lot of them spend their nights in the subway and sewers and I haven't heard anyone talking about them.
Presumably when they had the subways shut down, you'd think they did a sweep for people to make sure. Maybe.

Actually since FL doesn't have subways at all, do they normally lock up and close and homeless just get in there anyway, or are they always "open" as far as access, at least?
The subways in New York are pretty much always open. Except, y'know, during hurricanes and stuff. The one in DC actually closes really late at night for a few hours, though.

Straha
Lecturer

#30 Post by Straha »

Metatwaddle wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AqYZ433TeQ

This is the Con Ed powerhouse at 14th St. and Avenue D. The explosion starts about 3:10.
My mother took me there when I was a kid.

Fun times.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Metatwaddle

#31 Post by Metatwaddle »

I've heard that no one was hurt in that explosion, at least. My relatives live several blocks from there; they've lost power, obviously, but they're doing okay.

Oxymoron

#32 Post by Oxymoron »

That was an impressive lightshow

too bad it wasn't the 4th of July
No.

Zod
perkele

#33 Post by Zod »

YAY SUBWAYS BACK TOMORROW WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So yeah, I'm going a little stir crazy.

Oxymoron

#34 Post by Oxymoron »

That's the wind

wind has a real tendency to drive people nuts after a while

That's the reason why Chicago :fukyu:
No.