The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#2601 Post by RogueIce »

So is it wrong I've actually been taking more of an interest in SB as of late?

Granted I never go into the VS parts, Sci-Fi or otherwise. So that probably helps a lot. Unlike SDN, SB's version of "Off Topic/Other Sci-Fi" (which is the closest I can relate the Space Battles forum to, SDN-wise) and their Games forum is more interesting and, of course, more active. Whereas in SDN most of the activity is in N&P and...yeah fuck that.

I'm sure, as posted above, I'd find plenty of stupid bullshit in SB's version of N&P, but luckily their versions of OT and G&C are active enough I don't have to bother.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2602 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Honestly, I've tried to get into SB and the fact that Ford's active over there is a huge plus, but every day I end up going into a thread that makes me legitimately upset whereas that only happens seldomly on SD.net so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to actually browse the place rather than just stalk some cool people

Theobromine

#2603 Post by Theobromine »

Gands wrote:Doesn't Bats usually only go after those lower on the social ladder than he?
I want to talk about this.

One of the only TEO debates I had was when he jumped on me, a low post count newbie, apparently outraged that I said what I did on a matter of biology that I knew I was on solid footing on, and also had the background in the Life Sciences to "school" this guy who obviously was talking out of his ass.

I'm pretty sure I won or he wandered off when it was clear I'd hold my ground with a command of the facts, but the whole thing left me feeling kinda hollow.

On this basis I pretty much decided to avoid that boards style of flamewar debates. I don't get that rush some people seem to get out of calling some one mentally deficient.

Straha
Lecturer

#2604 Post by Straha »

Look at you, you holier-than-thou fritata. :P
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Jung

#2605 Post by Jung »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Honestly, I've tried to get into SB and the fact that Ford's active over there is a huge plus, but every day I end up going into a thread that makes me legitimately upset whereas that only happens seldomly on SD.net so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to actually browse the place rather than just stalk some cool people
Downside of it being a more relaxed, chill, and diverse place I suppose; it's also more tolerant of the crazies and troglodytes.

Oxymoron

#2606 Post by Oxymoron »

Hey Timmy, I herd u liek Ghostbusta ? :

http://www.dernwerks.com/HWC/?p=2335
No.

Oxymoron

#2607 Post by Oxymoron »

And this one's for ADR :

http://www.dernwerks.com/HWC/?p=2317

Yeah, I think I've found a new webcomic to archive-binge...
No.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2608 Post by adr »

omg
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Oxymoron

#2609 Post by Oxymoron »

That's an interesting concept : http://www.dernwerks.com/HWC/?p=2165

I'm trying to imagine how you could fight angels with a portal gun...
No.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#2611 Post by Big Orangutan »

Jung wrote:
Infinity Biscuit wrote:Honestly, I've tried to get into SB and the fact that Ford's active over there is a huge plus, but every day I end up going into a thread that makes me legitimately upset whereas that only happens seldomly on SD.net so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to actually browse the place rather than just stalk some cool people
Downside of it being a more relaxed, chill, and diverse place I suppose; it's also more tolerant of the crazies and troglodytes.
Dayton3 was the most magnificent example of the SB nutters.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Oxymoron

#2612 Post by Oxymoron »

Oxymoron wrote:That's an interesting concept : http://www.dernwerks.com/HWC/?p=2165

I'm trying to imagine how you could fight angels with a portal gun...
Thinking about it, that may have been useful during that fight which involved an antimatter cannon : you could put the EVA, like, 50 kilometers away, and just open the portal in the seconds before shooting the thing.

At least it would have avoided losing Unit 00 during the fight, as they would have only needed to close the portal to counter the angel's counter-attack.

Though if Angels started to think with portals themselves things could become really scary really quick.
No.

adr

#2613 Post by adr »

i love the way sound actually works in windows

i'm so used to Linux where the volume is different based on what kind of app it is, and often playing sound from one program will lock out access to other programs

so I tend to close one sound playing program before starting another... but that isn't necessary on windows

Straha
Lecturer

#2614 Post by Straha »

Formless may be the closest you can get to the platonic version of an idiot without being Rogue 9.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Oxymoron

#2615 Post by Oxymoron »

Is Purple still operating on SDN ?
No.

Flagg

#2616 Post by Flagg »

Straha wrote:Formless may be the closest you can get to the platonic version of an idiot without being Rogue 9.
SJ is pretty fucking stupid too. Though watching Broomstick and Formless bitchfight about god was pretty funny.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr

#2617 Post by adr »

I like simon_jester