futor one world super society nation new orders ideas

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: futor one world super society nation new orders ideas

#26 Post by Aaron »

Would you mind explaining a bit? I've never heard that before.

evilsoup

#27 Post by evilsoup »

don't know if I cna cite a source, but I've heard that on Radio 4 before
the basic premise is that mobile phones have opened up tonnes of niche businesses; and not only that, but by providing a reliable means of communication they have allowed people to organise things. A lot of these countries don't even have a functional postal service, at least out in the countryside.
Also getting bank loans via text messge

evilsoup

#28 Post by evilsoup »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:what would world society be like if, when your relative half a world away is mourning a tragedy or celebrating festivities, your biotechnological organoids can allow you to literally interlink with them on a psycho-emotional level so that you can viscerally feel what they feel at that very second? and if people, populations, can do this? biodigital empathy, not sympathy. can their brainware preserve individuality? will they all congeal into one super-persona? can we imagine what this world will be like?

[for the record i think it is more likely that as the corporations and the rich get richer, they will achieve effective immortality and spoiled rich brats will be replacing their organic eyeballs with 20000 metapixel oculoid implants that allow them to take 4D hologram captures of the things they see, while the poor continue to starve and dwell in sidewalks that reek of piss.

I think the rich can even have perception filters so in the rare occasions that they walk around at street level, they can block out the sight and sound and smell of people who are poorer than them, replacing them with blurs or whatever image they choose to superimpose over them

so when a rich affluent well-to-do piece of shit does this, he won't be able to see the mob of poor street children heading towards him, because he's censored the very sight of the poor because it is offensive to his tastes. then the mob of street children stick switchblades into his guts and rip out his super-expensive post-organs before running into the sewers, to put the stolen augmented human flesh into iceboxes before peddling them in the black organ market

nobody will mind that the rich guy has died anyway. because most of the organoids he's made out of are available in the market and his family can buy and reconstitute a new and improved affluent shitpiece anyway]
maybe for thge first generation of the tech
then the rich fuckos will have self-defence shits built into their flesh, micro-missiles targeting people based on their socioeconomic status, which itself would be edited out in real time, so they walk through a slum (probably just taking a short cut) & not only would they not see or hear or smell any of the poor bastards in the streets; they would be an active destructive force, burning down swathes of slum housing and killing dozens and being completely oblivious while they were doing so
and then they can make a (metaphorical this time) killing building new shiny gentrified buildings in the conveniently-clear wastelands they've created, and oh look the poor people have conveniently gone away

though some of them would survive in liek, the sewars or something, and find some way to spoof the systems (dress middle-class?), so they don't get targeted by the iron mang missiles, but are still edited out in real-time, and then they can get up close and lift things right out of peoples' handbags and just generally walk around doiung what they want with impunity
(maybe waiters would become the unacknowledged legislators of the world, since they can just walk straight into any building and rewrite any law without being spotted, since all the toryscum would have them edited out of theiur field of view in real-time)

then IRANIAN COMPUTER HACKERS break into the self-defence systems & take control of the missile systems and do whatever they want; some jmen just want to watch the world burn, and now every post-human AI-controlledenhanced rich asshole will be covered with heavy artillery periodically shelling the nearby areas and then making a mint rebuilding the ruined infrastructure (in fact this can just be automated by bird-pony-fetishest computer bankers taking a percent of the gross, maybe selling 'explosion futures' or something), so all that will be needed would be a rewiring of target priorities.

Of course, the superduperman rich guys will have everything undesireable edited out of their experience, so for all they know they'd just be going to visit art auctions and (cyber-)shoe shopping with their rich friends and drinking nano-enhanced wine in virtual glasses, until it was too late and they are cut off in mid-senten

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#29 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

this is incredible.

absolutely incredible

yyesssssssss

evilsoup

#30 Post by evilsoup »

in fact... I can just imagine this, combined with the post-apocalyptic stuff oxy keeps talking about
maybe the cause of the massive disaster would be these robo-enhanced one percenters, and if anyone gets close to them they get instantly eviscerated by the haywire self-defence stuff
but as far as the guy is concerned, he's just talking a stroll down the road and talking to his friends (who are actually on the other side of the planet, but these senses-altering devices are able to make it seem like they;re right there)

I wonder:
if someone was able to sneak up on them and take them out of their illusions, into the wasteland they've inadvertently created and see all the suffering caused by their self-centred bubble-creation,
would they ever stop screaming?

----

Another thought is that this tech could be used to eliminate the analogue hole: basically, DRM is ultimately flawed in part because it needs to be decoded for display on the screen, because the human eye is analogue rather than digital. But what if the human eye (eyepod?) and everything up to (& maybe even including) the brain was fully digital? Copyright companies could use DRM that was only decoded as it was transferred straight to the brain
(it would not be the best way of doing this, but I'm imagining TV channels that all show slightly different kinds of static - with the drm-decoder installed in your eyepods, you'd be able to decode it into a visual signal only as it went straight into your brain)

Oxymoron

#31 Post by Oxymoron »

The Matrix if it was actually a social commentary.
No.

Oxymoron

#32 Post by Oxymoron »

Talking of modified perceptions / memories :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQNNlN0dTg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15fE_caTWG8

I am quite honestly intrigued, and might give it a go.
No.

evilsoup

#33 Post by evilsoup »

I bet it'll actually be lame
but yeah I've seen advertising for that game already, might get it if it's on the PS3

Oxymoron

#34 Post by Oxymoron »

It's Capcom, so there's good chances there will.
No.