Bitching bitching.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Bitching bitching.

#76 Post by Flagg »

joviwan wrote:I'm not really sure what's going on here, but it seems like this could easily be solved by just throwing Flagg onto your enemies list. I put him in there months ago and it greatly increased my browsing experience.
Ahh the last bastion of a coward.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Djinnkitty83

#77 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Flagg wrote:You'd have a point if this wasn't just a case of people using any excuse for faux offense to attack people they don't like.
Total bullshit and you know it.
He might also be referring to me, as I've made it pretty clear in the past that I think Flagg's an insecure little child whose behaviour brings down the board as a whole and the continued toleration because "Oh he's cool in other places" reinforces the whole 'old boys club' which certain other boards are harshly criticized over.

But on the other hand, I dislike Flagg because he habitually, deliberately shits out offensive posts, then stamps his feet and whines like a five year old when, surprise surprise, people are offended. So sure I'll use this as an excuse to take offense to someone I don't like, because the reason I don't like them is because they habitually say offensive shit like this.

With that said, this thread is pretty much sealing the deal for me. A number of others who used to be here left because offensive bullshit was either tolerated or swept under the rug in the great holy quest to be 'chill'. If something isn't done, fuck it, I'm filing this board with TEO as 'not worth my time'.

Oxymoron

#78 Post by Oxymoron »

^ I think this is a serious indicator that something must be done either way.

I've felt the ambiance degrade here in the past month or two, and this greatly saddens me.

I think it's time we had a serious, honest and open-hearted discussion, about our personal visions for this board and our various grief.

Things are quickly going down the shitter.
No.

Flagg

#79 Post by Flagg »

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#80 Post by Oxymoron »

This isn't really productive.
No.

Flagg

#81 Post by Flagg »

Neither is barely posting anything but personal attacks against me and then demanding I be banned or they leave. But remember, I'm the one acting childish right?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#82 Post by Oxymoron »

As far as I've seen, no one has called for your ban yet.

What they asked of you is to change your attitude or they would leave.
No.

Flagg

#83 Post by Flagg »

Oxymoron wrote:As far as I've seen, no one has called for your ban yet.

What they asked of you is to change your attitude or they would leave.
Umm, I know English is your second language, but djinn pretty much just did.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#84 Post by Oxymoron »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:If something isn't done, fuck it, I'm filing this board with TEO as 'not worth my time'.
Flagg wrote:Umm, I know English is your second language, but djinn pretty much just did.
I choose to interpret it in the way that gives everyone a chance to come out of that better than they were when they came in.
Last edited by Oxymoron on Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#85 Post by Losonti Tokash »

If someone can't be bothered to treat others with a modicum of decency then they should feel free to get the hell out.

My heart weeps for the plight of those who feel pressured to stop using slurs and other offensive language.

Oxymoron

#86 Post by Oxymoron »

You're not helping.
No.

Flagg

#87 Post by Flagg »

Oxymoron wrote:
Djinnkitty83 wrote:If something isn't done, fuck it, I'm filing this board with TEO as 'not worth my time'.
Flagg wrote:Umm, I know English is your second language, but djinn pretty much just did.
I choose to interpret it in the way that gives everyone a chance to come out of that better than they were when they came in.
What do you think djinn wants done?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#88 Post by Oxymoron »

A change in your attitude.
No.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#89 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I would guess that Djinn, like myself, would be happy if you changed your attitude such that if people asked you to stop doing things because they're offensive or bigoted you would, at the least, stop doing them here, even if you think it's asinine and do it everywhere else.

Ralin

#90 Post by Ralin »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:I would guess that Djinn, like myself, would be happy if you changed your attitude such that if people asked you to stop doing things because they're offensive or bigoted you would, at the least, stop doing them here, even if you think it's asinine and do it everywhere else.
So, I don't even like Flagg and I generally take the position that anyone who doesn't like my language and doesn't outright own the space I'm using it in can go to hell. And it'll be a cold day in hell when I cut "bitch" and "cunt" out of my active vocabulary to appease someone who thinks they're entitled to decide which words are acceptable to use.

Flagg

#91 Post by Flagg »

And why am I the one being attacked as opposed to zod?

And I'm not changing my attitude because as far as I'm concerned its not the problem. There are plenty of things I've stopped saying because they are offensive to others, but I'm not going to stop using a word that is totally neutral and shouldn't offend anyone. I didn't call anyone a bitch, I didn't use the term in a way that was insulting to others. It's my position that if you take issue with the term "bitching" you are being oversensitive and need to change YOUR attitude.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#92 Post by Flagg »

CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#93 Post by Oxymoron »

(to be fair, I have trouble myself getting the problem with the use of "to bitch / to be bitching" in the context of ranting about something ; but at this point I'm not sure the discussion is really about that anymore)
No.

Flagg

#94 Post by Flagg »

Well my point in posting the search results is to show that it was never a problem to flat out say "bitch", but when I suddenly say "bitching" it's omg how offensive, word filter word filter!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#95 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Flagg wrote:Well my point in posting the search results is to show that it was never a problem to flat out say "bitch", but when I suddenly say "bitching" it's omg how offensive, word filter word filter!
I'd thought it was clear from the context but the reason it was brought up as an issue now is because the topic of language was already being discussed heavily. Also Evilsoup, who appears to be playing both sides against each other here for his own amusement :L

Oxymoron

#96 Post by Oxymoron »

Because there's sides in this forum now ?
No.

Flagg

#97 Post by Flagg »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:
Flagg wrote:Well my point in posting the search results is to show that it was never a problem to flat out say "bitch", but when I suddenly say "bitching" it's omg how offensive, word filter word filter!
I'd thought it was clear from the context but the reason it was brought up as an issue now is because the topic of language was already being discussed heavily. Also Evilsoup, who appears to be playing both sides against each other here for his own amusement :L
Bullshit. It was brought up because I said bitching. Anyone else says it and no one would have said a fucking thing about it. But suddenly it's a huge deal despite the fucking board owner using the term bitch as a pejorative a few weeks ago. This is just a vendetta at this point.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#98 Post by Flagg »

Oxymoron wrote:Because there's sides in this forum now ?
Oh there are always sides.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#99 Post by Oxymoron »

I hate sides. They cloud everyone's better judgment, one way or another.
No.

Djinnkitty83

#100 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Thing is I don't even see a majority of what Flagg posts. I blocked him a while ago, and only take a peek if surrounding context suggests an individual post of his is one of those rare constructive ones.

But even with him blocked, he still manages to bring down my experience because I'm far from the only one offended by his habitual shitting over decent conversation. I don't want him banned, the sad fact of the matter is that he's got more and closer friends on this board than I do. That's not an accusation of cronyism, it's just that when it comes down to it, he's a more... present member of this community than me.

All I want is for it to be made clear whether or not behaviour like his is an accepted, tolerated part of this board. If it is, I'm out. No hard feelings (except to the shitlords), I just don't feel like being a part of a board where I either have to hold my tongue at offensive bullshit, or continually speak out and see it brushed aside.