Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: videojuegos

#1451 Post by Darksi4190 »

What server are you on Jovi?

joviwan

#1452 Post by joviwan »

I was on Begerren Colony, but my friends and I are slowly moving over to Ebon Hawk.

Stofsk

#1453 Post by Stofsk »

How many servers are there and what's the difference between them?

joviwan

#1454 Post by joviwan »

There's 8 servers. Three PvE, two PvP, one RP-PvP, and two RP.

the server types should be pretty self explanatory. They have those labels in order to entice the types of people who are interested in those labels to flock to their favored zones.

Begeren Colony is the west coast RP server, and Ebon hawk is the east coast one. The reason my friends and I are moving over to Ebon Hawk is mostly because it seems like there's just a higher density of RP to come across over there, while Begeren seems more scattered and thin.

EDIT: the PvE and RP servers by default have pretty strict "voluntary" pvp. That is: designated zones, the ability to toggle your PvP status, etcetera. The PvP and RP-PvP I believe are "all cross-faction zones are PvP enabled."

Stofsk

#1455 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:There's 8 servers. Three PvE, two PvP, one RP-PvP, and two RP.

the server types should be pretty self explanatory. They have those labels in order to entice the types of people who are interested in those labels to flock to their favored zones.

Begeren Colony is the west coast RP server, and Ebon hawk is the east coast one. The reason my friends and I are moving over to Ebon Hawk is mostly because it seems like there's just a higher density of RP to come across over there, while Begeren seems more scattered and thin.
That's only really a concern if you PUG right? If you play with friends it shouldn't matter?
EDIT: the PvE and RP servers by default have pretty strict "voluntary" pvp. That is: designated zones, the ability to toggle your PvP status, etcetera. The PvP and RP-PvP I believe are "all cross-faction zones are PvP enabled."
Does that mean if you play in a PvP server you're basically telling the game you want to be ganked by randos with leet gear while you're a pathetic scrub? :v

joviwan

#1456 Post by joviwan »

If your goal is exclusively to play with friends, the only thing that matters is that you're all on the same server. Everything else is corner cases.

to answer your third question... Well, here: "Please be advised that interactions and activities that occur as part of player versus player combat on this type of server are not considered a form of harassment or actionable behavior by Customer Service."

so "yes," basically!

Stofsk

#1457 Post by Stofsk »

I downloaded it ages ago to give it a try but I promised myself I would replay the ME series before I play any new game.

joviwan

#1458 Post by joviwan »

Well, good luck. I'm still mega super butthurt about ME3 and can't bring myself to replay them, so more power to you if you can.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1459 Post by RogueIce »

Just don't be a Light Side Sith Warrior first.

Because that's so awesome you'll basically ruin every other story after for not holding up to it*

*well okay I may be exaggerating but the LS SW is the whole reason I got back into this game, I want to see where it goes

your experiences may differ

Crazedwraith

#1460 Post by Crazedwraith »

For some reason i decided to actually pay for me1 and download it after playing me2 and 3. do the whole play one character through all three games thing. holy shit is it tedious. then i at least got the normady for myself. swtiched it off. and realised it doesn't auto save nearly as often as later games and i'd have to do citadel side quests and shit and i've not switched on the ps3 since...
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Stofsk

#1461 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:Well, good luck. I'm still mega super butthurt about ME3 and can't bring myself to replay them, so more power to you if you can.
Deadhorse.gif :v :p

But, yes. I am hoping i can overcome that and i am considering installing one of the modded endings.
Crazedwraith wrote:For some reason i decided to actually pay for me1 and download it after playing me2 and 3. do the whole play one character through all three games thing. holy shit is it tedious. then i at least got the normady for myself. swtiched it off. and realised it doesn't auto save nearly as often as later games and i'd have to do citadel side quests and shit and i've not switched on the ps3 since...
ME1 has a slow start after Eden Prime but you turned it off literally right before the plot starts moving at a decent pace. Even then, you now have access to the Mako and can drive over all the desolate moons in the galaxy. (Unlike a lot of people i really REALLY liked the Mako)

joviwan

#1462 Post by joviwan »

I fucking loved the Mako. **high five**

joviwan

#1463 Post by joviwan »

RogueIce wrote:Just don't be a Light Side Sith Warrior first.

Because that's so awesome you'll basically ruin every other story after for not holding up to it*

*well okay I may be exaggerating but the LS SW is the whole reason I got back into this game, I want to see where it goes

your experiences may differ

As far as I've played through the game, here are the best stories, in order of greatest to worst.

1) Imperial Agent
2) Sith Warrior
3) Jedi Knight (Seen, not played)
4) Bounty Hunter
5) Jedi Consular
6) Smuggler (Never played, no idea how good it actually is)
7) Republic Trooper (Never played, no idea how good it actually is)
8) Sith Inquisitor (HOLY SHIT IT'S SO FUCKING AWFUL JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE FUCKING WORST)

Stofsk

#1464 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:I fucking loved the Mako. **high five**
:brah:
joviwan wrote: As far as I've played through the game, here are the best stories, in order of greatest to worst.

1) Imperial Agent
2) Sith Warrior
3) Jedi Knight (Seen, not played)
4) Bounty Hunter
5) Jedi Consular
6) Smuggler (Never played, no idea how good it actually is)
7) Republic Trooper (Never played, no idea how good it actually is)
8) Sith Inquisitor (HOLY SHIT IT'S SO FUCKING AWFUL JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE FUCKING WORST)
I've heard sith agent is consistently ranked highly amongst players and similarly sith inquisitor is ranked lowest.

joviwan

#1465 Post by joviwan »

P. much.

Imperial Agent is basically a techno-thriller, and as a player you have a shocking amount of agency when it comes to NPCs (for an MMO, anyway).

Sith Inquisitor is just... the worst. You have no agency at all; literally 100% of everything that happens to you and 100% of everything you do is because of NPC actions. Now, this isn't *too* unusual, in a vacuum, you know, by itself, but the writing is also fucking awful, and the Inquisitor is consistently just a huge fucking moron, who can't come up with any ideas and relies on NPCs that luck or divine providence have provided to come up with goals.

Crazedwraith

#1466 Post by Crazedwraith »

Stofsk wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:For some reason i decided to actually pay for me1 and download it after playing me2 and 3. do the whole play one character through all three games thing. holy shit is it tedious. then i at least got the normady for myself. swtiched it off. and realised it doesn't auto save nearly as often as later games and i'd have to do citadel side quests and shit and i've not switched on the ps3 since...
ME1 has a slow start after Eden Prime but you turned it off literally right before the plot starts moving at a decent pace. Even then, you now have access to the Mako and can drive over all the desolate moons in the galaxy. (Unlike a lot of people i really REALLY liked the Mako)
Oh I figured that was the case when they'd given you the Normandy opened up the world map. I was just annoyed at having to redo anything thanks to my silly lack of saving.

Oh random ME1 question: i see xp is for kills and read that kills with mako is less xp. Does it really make that much difference? Do i need to be desperate searching for every last point to be able to complete the game? Dragon Age Origins felt like that and I gave up. (yeah, yeah, i suck at games)

joviwan

#1467 Post by joviwan »

It does not. Blast-canon your way through as much as you want.

Stofsk

#1468 Post by Stofsk »

It depends. If this is your first ever play through then your max level will be 50. You need one of the achievements to unlock the climb to level 60. If you're playing on PC you can edit the ini file so that mako gives the same xp or more.

Dude

#1469 Post by Dude »

Never get out of the Mako, you might get attacked by a space tiger.

Seriously though, main gun what you can and run down the rest.
-Aaron

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1470 Post by Big Orangutan »

Iwata Satoru, the incumbent head of Nintendo, has sadly passed away at the painfully premature age of 55 from an alleged gallbladder or pancreatic cancer.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Civil War Man

#1471 Post by Civil War Man »

Dude wrote:Never get out of the Mako, you might get attacked by a space tiger.

Seriously though, main gun what you can and run down the rest.
Also, if the ground looks suspiciously flat, you are probably about to get attacked by a Thresher Maw.

Stofsk

#1472 Post by Stofsk »

I've started my ME series playthrough. Playing with HD texture mods and lighting mods makes Mass Effect 1 look almost like a current gen game, the only times it really shows its age is the static poses during cutscenes and the general lack of facial animation for same. But aside from that it looks fantastic.

I'm having a blast and can't wait to progress through the rest of the series. It'll eventually be my first full playthrough of ME3 as well, and I'll probably get this alternate happy ending mod.

Losonti Tokash

#1473 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Crazedwraith wrote:I've forgotten what that replacement filters on. Was it retard? I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP or something? Oh yay for the thought police.
waaah the board software automatically censors my slurs MUH FREEDOMZ

Ralin

#1474 Post by Ralin »

A slur is any insult I don't like.

Crazedwraith

#1475 Post by Crazedwraith »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:I've forgotten what that replacement filters on. Was it retard? I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP or something? Oh yay for the thought police.
waaah the board software automatically censors my slurs MUH FREEDOMZ

... I've not seen you post for ages and this is suddenly what pulls you back into the fray? Anyway we had this argument at the time but I think the fact I could hardly remember if we still had that filter/what that filter was even for, proves I don't actually use that slur.