Losonti Tokash

Re: videojuegos

#826 Post by Losonti Tokash »

the 360 remake is also garbage

but you can mod an original xbox to play n64 games

Manus Dei

#827 Post by Manus Dei »

Perfect Dark is on the 360 arcade and still pretty rad!
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#828 Post by RogueIce »

There's some retro gaming stores out there that have older console emulator thingies. I've seen them and they'll supposedly play NES, SNES and Genesis. So they probably have N64 versions as well. And these are actual consoles that hook into your TV, not computer based emulators.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#829 Post by Darksi4190 »

Steam Sale. Sooo many deals.

Must resist buying things I don't need.

Darth Tedious

#830 Post by Darth Tedious »

I sometimes do guitar repairs for the local pawn shop

I always have a look around, and there's ALWAYS old consoles

This month there might be a 64 and a Megadrive
Next month there might be SNES and a Saturn
It varies randomly

The only I'm sure I've never seen is an Atari
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Agent Bert Macklin

#831 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Darksi4190 wrote:Steam Sale. Sooo many deals.

Must resist buying things I don't need.
I bought The Witcher and the Witcher 2 because they were too good to pass up.

Veef

#832 Post by Veef »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Dz2Ocg4WCs

i got this game on PSN

it's giving me diabeetus

Agent Bert Macklin

#833 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Started playing DA: Origins for the first time. I chose to play as a Dwarf. Now, I'm going along through the beginning of the game making choices that reflect how I feel about things, including pissing my brother off. I predict I'll get some backstabbing later. Anyway, I chose to go to a Proving ceremony which I thought was just some jousting and swordplay. Nope. It's goddamn Gladiator in polygonal form. I was pissed off, to say the least.

Darksi4190

#834 Post by Darksi4190 »

*Sigh*

Once again a Steam Sale has overrode my willpower and caused me to buy more games than I intended. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat, and Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army are now part of my collection.

Veef

#835 Post by Veef »

i think you should play lup salad instead of all those

Darksi4190

#836 Post by Darksi4190 »

lup salad doesn't let me fire a bullet into the brain of an undead Gestapo commander in slow motion, hack a man to death with a broadsword, or tear an entire squad of enemies apart with an M240.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#837 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

No, it's a cutesy life affirming game of puzzles, as opposed to a simulator of gruesome bloodshed.

Darksi4190

#838 Post by Darksi4190 »

I'm sorry, but I've no interest whatsoever in playing Moe Tetris.

evilsoup

#839 Post by evilsoup »

L-block is so kawaii

Veef

#840 Post by Veef »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:No, it's a cutesy life affirming game of puzzles, as opposed to a simulator of gruesome bloodshed.

And it's really challenging too! There's even a Tetris-like falling block mode and a two player mode!

And you get to wear a penguin suit!

Civil War Man

#841 Post by Civil War Man »

So far I've just gotten the two Poker Night games, since 99 cents each seemed like a reasonable price for two games where you play poker with Ash Williams, Brock Samson, Strong Bad, the TF2 Heavy, Sam & Max, Tycho, and the robot sidekick from Borderlands.

joviwan

#842 Post by joviwan »

CL4P-TP

Civil War Man

#843 Post by Civil War Man »

Yeah, him. Don't know too much about him since I've never played any of the Borderlands games.

As for the poker game, I like the banter that goes on between the characters during the hand, but it starts to repeat a lot if you play it long enough, especially if the same characters get repeatedly knocked out of the game early. Some highlights include Claptrap hitting on Glados (who is the dealer in the second game), Ash offering up the Necronomicon as a prize in some bounty games, and Brock, Claptrap, Ash, and Sam discussing the merits of firearms vs. melee weapons.

Darksi4190

#844 Post by Darksi4190 »

That actually sounds really awesome. I'm not into poker though so the game mechanics would probably get stale real quick.

Darksi4190

#845 Post by Darksi4190 »

Also from the trailer it sounds like they couldn't get Bruce Campbell to voice Ash, which is lame.

Agent Bert Macklin

#846 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

My only complaints about Dragon Age Origins include the UI and hotkeys. The UI is too busy and cumbersome for my tastes. It's a pain going through the tactics and leveling menus. is this standard for RPG games? Also, the lack of customization for quick slots is unfortunate. Given my knub, I am stuck to using the right side of the keyboard for spells and other things. Thus, numpad 0-9 is not enough for me. Otherwise, this is one of the best games I've played and I'm only 10 hours in.

joviwan

#847 Post by joviwan »

The tactics menu is not standard of RPGs in general, though 'ungainly UIs' is.

This probably sounds silly, but not knowing anything else about your knub, have you considered getting one of those Razr Hydra mice? It puts a bunch of buttons under your thumb and is basically perfect for MMO's and CRPGs.

Stofsk

#848 Post by Stofsk »

Jovial Jeff wrote:My only complaints about Dragon Age Origins include the UI and hotkeys. The UI is too busy and cumbersome for my tastes. It's a pain going through the tactics and leveling menus. is this standard for RPG games?
Not really. Dragon Age just has really bad UI for some reason.
Also, the lack of customization for quick slots is unfortunate. Given my knub, I am stuck to using the right side of the keyboard for spells and other things. Thus, numpad 0-9 is not enough for me. Otherwise, this is one of the best games I've played and I'm only 10 hours in.
DA:O is in part supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. You might want to pick up that series and give it a go after you finish up with DA.

To give you an idea as to how BG plays in comparison, when you play DA:O zoom out to the top-down isometric view of the battlefield and pause every couple of seconds during fights. The story is better too IMO* and furthermore, you can kind of see where every other bioware game springs from when you play it.

* Like I don't want to say DA:O was bad, since I was pretty solidly entertained when I first played it. And it definitely has its good moments. But I found its story to be very by-the-numbers - for example I found many of the side-stories better than the main plot surrounding the Darkspawn.

joviwan

#849 Post by joviwan »

I really want to recommend Baldur's Gate et. all, especially the new Enhanced Editions that just came out, but it's hard for me to do so, because they definitely show their age, and even though basically all of the mechanics are understandable with enough reading (by which I mean in the manual), the game is based on 2nd edition Dungeons and Dragons and is going to have a fairly high barrier to understanding.

It's also from the era where "We're just going to kill you" was a design goal, and thus relies heavily on the quickload/quicksave system to iterate on combats until you win.

Stofsk

#850 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:It's also from the era where "We're just going to kill you" was a design goal, and thus relies heavily on the quickload/quicksave system to iterate on combats until you win.
Yeah I can understand why this is considered a bad thing, but honestly I prefer it over how modern games just hold your hand all the time.