videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#376 Post by joviwan »

Manus Dei wrote:you can also avoid precision cutting sundowner's ballistic shields by simply running behind him and shanking him in the back :v:
That's basically how I beat him, yes. I did that 100% and shield-cutting 0%.
Veef wrote:I don't know if you can fake it with the debris cutting during the Armstrong fight. Cuz you can still use the regular slash buttons without the precise control. Maybe some of those blocks are just a straight up or down slash.
Nope. Every piece of debris requires you to up-angle the camera, plus slant the blade at no-where near 90 or 180 degrees. Regular slash buttons just waste time, and you only have a few attempts before the game just assumes you're a fuckup and hits you with a rock.

Veef

#377 Post by Veef »

"DAMNIT! How did Raiden die?"

"they hit him with a rock" :ocelot:

Civil War Man

#378 Post by Civil War Man »

weemadando wrote:Finished Mass Effect 3. Yeah. Fuck that final half hour. What the dizzy fuck was any of that?
I actually played it recently, too. It's too bad, because with the exception of the finale I consider it to be an improvement over the first two.

joviwan

#379 Post by joviwan »

The entire game except for the last half hour is triple A-grade exceptional stuff. I enjoyed every single minute of playing through that game... until the last half hour.

Actually, I'll be honest, I even enjoyed the anderson/illusive conflict, bizarre and out of place though it was. I was still there the whole time.

As soon as your body is Jesus'd up the elevator to the Color Room, that's when the game just fucking loses its mind.

Losonti Tokash

#380 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I don't even mind it anymore. It's a terrible execution but I can see what they were going for and it's not bad as video games go, especially if you have the extended cut.

joviwan

#381 Post by joviwan »

I wish I could have your calm and rational thought process.

Losonti Tokash

#382 Post by Losonti Tokash »

It may just be my perspective. I have, after all, played Fable 3 and BioShock Infinite, two of the worst video game endings I have ever seen.

Civil War Man

#383 Post by Civil War Man »

I didn't mind it too much, either. It was just disappointing when put alongside the rest of the game.

I think part of the reason I enjoyed the rest of 3 was that it made Shepard seem much more desperate and vulnerable than the other two games did. In 1 and 2, you play this larger than life figure that is super capable at just about everything. Most of 3 involves trying to maintain that facade while all life in the galaxy looks to you for salvation in a fight that you know you cannot win, resulting in more than one moment where Shepard is obviously physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted.

Actually, one of my favorite moments was near the end, after the mission on Thessia, when talking to Joker has him make fun of the Asari, which causes even a Paragon Shepard to snap and start yelling at him.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#384 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Ok can someone clear something up for me re: ME3

Before playing I'd gotten the impression the fight at Earth was so important because it was the "front line" where most of the fighting was taking place while the rest of the galaxy was having a better time, but when playing there's no front line at all and every homeworld (let alone its colonies) is invaded at some point in a game that takes place during a relatively short span of time. So is it just saving Earth for Earth's sake or is it really the big fight that'll win the war?

Caveat: I stopped playing single player halfway through the Geth/Quarian part of the story.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#385 Post by Darksi4190 »

My impression was that as the tide of the war turned elsewhere, (Palaven liberated by Krogan reinforcments, the Geth either being defeated or freed from reaper control, ETC) the resources needed to liberate earth were freed up. Obviously the most important thing was securing the Citadel so the Crucible could be activated.

joviwan

#386 Post by joviwan »

One of the main points is that none of the other species in the game give two shits about Earth being invaded, specifically because the reapers are hitting people all over the place and there's a lot of "Yeah well we got our own problems bub." And furthermore, the race to save earth becomes less about driving the reapers off earth and more about trying to get everyone in the galaxy together (often by trying to solve some of their immediate problems) to help the remnants of earth's fleet build the anti-reaper super-weapon.

That said, Earth is getting hit *hardest*, because of the reveal in ME2 about how humans have magical superwunderkind space genes and the reapers really really really want to push them all into their Cuisinart.

in summary: the race to save earth is more about cooperation, so that the galaxy can bring what they hope is the biggest fucking gun anyone's ever seen to the place where the reapers are paying the most attention.

Darksi4190

#387 Post by Darksi4190 »

joviwan wrote: That said, Earth is getting hit *hardest*, because of the reveal in ME2 about how humans have magical superwunderkind space genes and the reapers really really really want to push them all into their Cuisinart.
I don't think there was any "reveal" about super-human DNA powers in ME2. If you mean the Human Reaper, they make new Reapers out of everybody they turn into orange juice.

I think they were hitting Earth the hardest because, so far, humans had posed the greatest obstacle to their plans. Yes other races were involved, but in each case it was humans who brought them together. I think the Reapers wanted to decapitate humanity first specifically to avoid what happens in ME3. I.E. Humans uniting other races against the Reaper threat.

joviwan

#388 Post by joviwan »

They do, actually. It's full out and openly stated that they're collecting Humans because they're the most singularly unique and special currently in the galaxy.

Stofsk

#389 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:They do, actually. It's full out and openly stated that they're collecting Humans because they're the most singularly unique and special currently in the galaxy.
Yep. One of the dumbest moments in ME2, which is full of dumb moments.

Losonti Tokash

#390 Post by Losonti Tokash »

ME2 also has the best story with the strongest themes out of the whole trilogy. :v

Flagg

#391 Post by Flagg »

joviwan wrote:They do, actually. It's full out and openly stated that they're collecting Humans because they're the most singularly unique and special currently in the galaxy.
I don't remember that. I remember them saying that since a human and humans destroyed sovereign they decided that humans were the race to be "altered".
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#392 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Harbinger literally describes the turians as 'too primitive'

And Mordin talks about how humans are really unique in their genetic diversity etc etc

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#393 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I always found that hilarious since humanity's one of the least diverse species on Earth. I guess all those aliens really do look alike then :L

zhaktronz

#394 Post by zhaktronz »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Harbinger literally describes the turians as 'too primitive'

And Mordin talks about how humans are really unique in their genetic diversity etc etc
He tries to collect the humans in halo 4 too :v

joviwan

#395 Post by joviwan »

I KNOW YOU FEEL THIS, CHIEF

Stofsk

#396 Post by Stofsk »

Losonti Tokash wrote:ME2 also has the best story with the strongest themes out of the whole trilogy. :v
ho ho ho nice try :v

weemadando

#397 Post by weemadando »

Sadly, despite being at a private bar event with Bioware devs tonight I didn't get a chance to go "I just played ME3, with all the DLC and the ending recut. WHAT THE FUCK."

However, I did drink GnTs at EA's expense. Thank you EA.

Losonti Tokash

#398 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Dude if you have citadel you already have the new ending anyway :P

uraniun235

#399 Post by uraniun235 »

I think I'm going to get sucked into Simcity 4.

Darksi4190

#400 Post by Darksi4190 »

Man. Halo 4 did some interesting stuff with the relationship between Chief and Cortana, but setting up the new bad guys? Totally dropped the fucking ball.